Thread: Newbie report 8/13/13 - 8/20/13

Newbie report 8/13/13 - 8/20/13

Arriving to Hedo... Customs took approx 30 minutes from the second we stepped off the plane to the Sun Travel desk. From there it took an additional 45 minutes before were on our way to Negril. In our small bus were two other singles, a female and a male. We assumed they were headed to Hedo but we were wrong. Good thing no one spoke to each other during the ride not that it mattered once we got to Hedo anyway since we were immediately surrounded by great people.

Once we arrived at Hedo we were greeted with hugs and smiles. Check in was quick and simple. We were shown to our room on the prude side (1242). It was far away from the disco enough to not hear the music but it didn't matter since we were never in it anyway. We heard the cars on the road more than anything really.

First thing we ate at the prude grill, jerk chicken is the best there! Soon after we walked right over to the nude side where we dropped our clothes. Coming from a barely 30 year old female I was a little nervous, was everyone going to stare at me? Short answer, no! It's true what people say, wearing clothes will bring so much more attention to you. Unfortunately for me I was coming near the end of my period so I kept my bottoms on the first two days. I must have been approached by the nude police at least 3 times during that time. One security guard was so rude to me (saying she'd bring one of the owners to personally speak to me about having my period while being in the pool, she said it was unsanitary. Really?) Anyway, I spoke with Harry (one of the co-owners) and she soon left me alone. In fact, I never saw her the rest of my trip. So ladies, security should be more friendly now thanks to Harry. Hubby and I settled in rather quickly. We got a few drinks, spoke to the couple host of the "Some Like it Hot" travel group, and felt like we just belonged there all along.

Truthfully we had our inhibitions about being the only 30 something year olds but we soon realized that age was nothing but a number (there were plenty our age there btw). What really mattered was the group of people you hung with and your whole outlook on the trip. We had a fantastic time just randomly talking to people, granted we hung with those we met on this forum from the August 2013 thread, but we still had an AMAZING time.

Food was fine. I have nothing to compare to but speaking with some repeaters they told me food was very good compared to what it was before. My favorite nights were lobster night and jamaican night. We also ate at Harry San and found the food to be delicious. We never made it to Martinos, I think that's what it's called. In the mornings we mainly stuck with the omelette station and that was always good.

The resort had 105-115 book roomed, I'm going to guess that's about 45% occupied. It worked out fine for us being newbies. Had the place been more occupied I think we would have been overwhelmed. Again, we were still able to meet good people and had a wonderful time regardless the occupancy rate.

The building closest to the nude pool was blown out. Meaning the walls facing the ocean were blown out. Jackhammers, saws, trucks loading things in and out, drills, the whole nine was going on. They were working hard and working fast while we were there. Expect some dust to fly if you're going anytime soon.

We checked out the model rooms and they are very modern. It'll just make things more sexy the next time around for us.

ECs were fantastic. I've never had so much staff interaction in all my life while traveling. Some had breakfast with us, some had lunch or dinner with us. Many a times we played beach volleyball with them. They made our experience 10 times better. Adrian was my favorite, he took time out to get to know us on several occasions. Some others that made our time memorable were Candice, Diana, Jason (he's one of the watersports guy), Winston, Vanessa, Fabian, & Rohan (I think that's his name).

The piano bar, I don't know what everyone is talking about but Kemar is AWESOME! He always one upped himself from the night before but I have to say one thing... it really depends on the crowd. I said this before and I'll say it again (I might get flamed for this but here goes), I'm 29, hubby is 30, we surrounded ourselves around like aged people and we knew how to party. Just give Kemar a shot or two and you'll have a wild night. I'm talking WILD.

The disco was very lackluster. We arrived on a Tue night and went to the pajama party. There was a good crowd there that night and that was it. The rest of the week was dead. The piano bar was where it was happening!

Beware of the jellyfish. I got stung on the prude side in the ocean after attempting to wash off all the sand from my body after playing volleyball. Apparently a handful of others got stung as well, so be on the lookout!

I hope I gave a good trip report. Please ask any and all questions you have for us!
    Hedonism 8/13-8/20

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great report! Thanks for taking the time and effort to offer your experiences and perspectives.

Sounds like a great trip, glad you guys had such a great time.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Great report, thanks for sharing. Glad to hear of some fast work being done
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Great Trip Report, thanks for taking the time to post, glad you enjoyed Hedo.
    We like the nude means nude rule, however, exceptions should be made for medical/health reasons. Maybe a system as simple as reporting to the nurses's station, identifying your problem, and then being issued a wrist band or something similar. That way you will only have to explain once and security and others will have no reason to approach you...anyway, just a thought. In our experience we have seen the nude means nude rule very inconsistently enforced in the past, perhaps the resort is trying to rectify that.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson