Thread: AWOL 2013... The Report

AWOL 2013... The Report

AWOL 2013 One Love...

Trip Report Travel dates 7/26 - 8/3

This trip was our 5th with AWOL and our first year as a host couple and we had an absolute blast!

Where to start?? The food is good place to start since I gained 5 lbs this trip. Since Friday night is lobster night, I made sure that our vacation had two Friday nights in it. The buffet is good every night, but lobster night is my favorite! We ate at Martino's four different nights and the food, the service and the air conditioning were great every time! Phylecea had to put up with me for three of those nights and she did an awesome job. We ate at Harry-San once and it was ok but I'm not a fan of Japanese food. The breakfast was good as always with the egg station being my favorite. We never had lunch in the buffet so I can't comment on that. We did enjoy the nude grill cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, patties etc. The midnight pizza was pretty good too but not the best thing on the menu.

The resort is looking up. The newly remodeled rooms are fantastic! The bathrooms are bigger with double sinks, the toilet was relocated away from the door, and the shower has user friendly controls and a rain type shower head. The glass walls surrounding the bath seem to open up the space. They replaced all of the cushions on the main dining room chairs as well as painted all of the frames. They were painting the buildings and trim while we were there. The grounds crew was constantly raking, sweeping, trimming, mowing and so on. Of course Augustus was on the beach early every morning until late in the day keeping the beach in excellent shape. We did have a few issues with hot water but Lorna made sure that the problem was resolved quickly.

I can't say enough about the entertainment coordinators! They rocked it all week! They started the party at the pool and kept it going all day and well into the night. Having a DJ at the pool was a nice addition too! Kemmar in the piano bar was absolutely amazing! He didn't know Red Solo Cup before AWOL got there but he knows it now! The piano bar is actually fun again thanks to you Kemmar!

The bartenders took very good care of us all week. Delroy, Scumba and Paulette made sure we had plenty to drink and we rarely had to wait to get a drink at the nude pool. Eldon kept them coming in the piano bar and always with a smile. It seems like in years past, the bars would almost always run out of something during our stay. This year, I never heard of them running out of anything.

Theme nights are always fun for us and the laughs we get are better than any prize on the stage. I had a ton of fun on masquerade night when I dressed as captain condom and my sweetie was dressed as the wrapper. On Sunday, my sexy wife was looking way too good to go out with a nerd like me but she did it anyway. She even clapped for me in the nerd contest and I won! Of course dancing like a nerd is easy for me since I've had years of practice. PJ night we dressed as a pool boy and french maid to keep a long running inside joke going. Thanks for the laughs C & J. Fetish night was another fun night with my lady in her black leather strappy outfit complete with leather cap and I finally got the nerve to wear a hood and a harness which was pretty comical. Thursday was an AWOL theme toga night but we did use black and white accents to keep with the resort theme. AWOL theme on Friday was horns and halos. By now I'm sure you have figured out that I am a goofball and like to put my own little twist on things so rather than going as a scary or sexy devil, I went as a devil egg. Yes I like to make folks laugh! My squeeze looked smokin' hot in her angel wings and halo.

As for the group stuff, this was our apprentice year of hosting a group and had a ball. We spent most of Saturday greeting fellow AWOLers in the lobby. Lots of hugs and smiles all around; what a great day! On Monday most of our group was finally at the resort so we had our meet & greet in the piano bar with our alcohol potluck. The potluck is a fun time where folks bring their favorite booze from home to share with the group. We even had some clown wearing a penis cast to sign, I wonder who that was... On Tuesday we had a naughty gift exchange. Lots of laughs at this party as well as some very sexy gifts! On Wednesday, we had our annual AWOL nude cruise. This year we went to Rick's Cafe and three of our members even took the leap! I stepped up to the platform, looked over the edge, took a deep breath and jumped...back! No way I was going to jump off that cliff! This year's cruise was extra special. ECs Candice, Dianna, Vanessa, Adrian and Kayon joined us and kept the Hedo party going! Rasta Ralph was also there playing his guitar and dancing- he was great! Serena even graced us with her presence and she was the life of the party! Samantha at the tours desk really work her tail off to help us put this cruise together. On Thursday we had our group dinner in the main dining room where we gave away a 3 night comp as well as five $200 vouchers to use on future trips. Delano and LaToya really did a spectacular job of making sure that all of our group parties went off without a hitch and we really appreciate it.

The Godparents of AWOL, Ivy & Rick, have decided to retire from hosting this year. You guys have been an inspiration to me and I hope I can do you proud with the group. We all love you guys and look forward to your return as members. With that, I want to welcome TJ & Chris as the newest host couple! Thanks for volunteering!

AWOL 2014 One Love...is well on its way! We had 40 members sign up for next year while we were still at the resort. I think that speaks volumes for the resort and the things that are going there. I'm usually not this talkative but I'm very passionate about this resort, the staff and most of all AWOL! Until next time...
    "AWOL 2017, 10 Year Class Reunion"

www.awoltravelgroup.com

HIII
    2009 & 2010

HII
    July 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021
    April 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021
    Next AWOL trip HII ????

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A simply awesome report! The positive improvements just keep on coming.......It sounds like a great week!

great trip report! sounds like you guys had a blast, and i can picture all you when i was reading it! really hoping brannen can get the awol dates off from work next year! Dena

Quote Originally Posted by funlover View Post
    great trip report! sounds like you guys had a blast, and i can picture all you when i was reading it! really hoping brannen can get the awol dates off from work next year! Dena
    If they wont let you take it off......quit......we missed you too much this year....
    TJ & Chris
    Next trip, Hedo II, July 24-Aug 2 2014
    AWOL 2014, One Love..

Just call in sick... DIF is a sickness for which, unfortunately, there is no cure. However, a week at Hedo with 120 or so of your best friends is the best therapy in the world!

www.awoltravelgroup.com

HIII
    2009 & 2010

HII
    Next AWOL trip HII ????

Awww,you guys make me smile! miss you all so much! D

I will gladly write you a doctors note!
    TJ & Chris
    Next trip, Hedo II, July 24-Aug 2 2014
    AWOL 2014, One Love..

Blog Entries
    Great Report!
    Next Trip July 25th 2015 - August 1st 2015!
    Hedo II July 26th 2014 - August 8th 2014 The Happy Bastards Returned!
    Hedo II July 30th - August 13th 2011 The Happy Bastards Returned!
    Hedo II August 2010 The Happy Bastards Returned!
    Hedo II August 2009 The Happy Bastards 1st Reunion!
    February 2009 "The Happy Bastards" was formed!
    Hedo II August 2008 Virgin Trip
    FaceBook: "Bigdog1960"
    Happy Bastards!
    Grinnin and Barin It since 2009!!!

Thanks Rick

www.awoltravelgroup.com

HIII
    2009 & 2010

HII