Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lounge Chairs Reserved or Hogged ?

LOL have seen chairs saved for Days, yes Days after the guests left. I think most items left on beach chairs are not saving chairs (there should be a special ceremony with a priest for loungers that really need saving, but that's another story).

I never let abandoned junk get in the way of enjoying an unused lounger, I will even turn in the abandoned towels. Never had someone come back and ask for the lounger ever.

Life is to short to worry about stuff like that.
    Kama Sutra Week - Jan 26th - Feb 2nd, 2013
    www.hedokamasutra.com

Just move the damned towels off the chair and have a seat, I have and will continue to do it. I pay for the same amenities as everyone else, so if I see a chair with a towel, I give it a few minutes and move the towel if no one shows. That reserving a chair at 6 in the morning when they don't plan on using it until the afternoon does not work for us at all. Quit worrying about their feelings, move their crap, have a seat and enjoy yourself.
    Hedo II July 14-19 2018
    Hedo II July 11th-16th 2015 with Fluffs
    Hedo II Dec. 12th-17th 2014
    Hedo II Jul. 19th-24th 2014 with LoveVoodoo
    Hedo II Nov. 21st-26th 2013
    Hedo II Apr. 4th-10th 2013
    Hedo II First Timing.....Aug.16th-22nd 2012
    Hedo 3 was great while it lasted, we'll always miss her!
    2nd trip to 3 08/06-08/10/2010 for our last party!
    Hedo 3 first timers 04/08-04/12/10

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Can't help but wonder about the mindset of people who feel entitled to "save" a chair by putting something on it.Yes,we all pay the same and the chairs are and should be on a "first come first served" basis.But my personal pet peeve are the people I know who want to meet you at some crowded venue like a sporting event and arrive late and tell you to "save me a seat".Oh yeah,how considerate of them to put someone else in a situation when their royal self is not yet there....
    NN

I never sit for a second while I am there I'm always running around talking to people. Mr. Bibabe always brings a dry box to keep our things in so we just dump our stuff wherever and go have a great time and even if we did have a chair isn't it " sharing is caring"
    So do whatever it takes
    'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012
    March 28th-April 6th 2013
    March 27th-April 5th 2014

I always get up early and grab two chaise and place towels and bags, eat breakfast, then head out...but I do agree that people who practice this and don't show up until the afternoon is absurd.

I've mentioned this in a previous post: Yes I have seen people 'reserve' their special lounger in 'their' special place. And yes I have seen all their worldly goods cast violently into the sea and the pool by irate guests (who also pay the same amount for admission and expect equal treatment).

It seems to be a cultural thing: Some people from some countries believe it's OK to secure seats ahead of the line in restaurants (even fast food joints), at the beach, at the pool etc. Others believe in first come etc.

If you believe your needs are greater than anyone else, then sure, reserve your lounger. But why wait for early morning? No, reserve it before you head to bed, or simply book it for the whole week. We will all understand, I'm sure. If it's a busy week, we'll sit on the sand next to your reserved lounger and feel happy watching over the reserved lounger of a VIP, or simply throw your stuff into the sea.

I guess I'm saying it is considered, by some people, to be impolite to set out your real estate needs ahead of everyone else.

PNK

IMHO the resort should have a beach chair for every guest so that saving a chair is not an issue. We all paid for a beach/pool chair and we should all have one…with a side table!

I would LOVE to see someone do that, it would make my week!
    Whilst on vacation I rarely get up before the crack of noon. So, I almost NEVER get a beach chair or pool chair. Not that all of them are taken-they are all "reserved". I'm supposed to be on vacation...I have to choose between sleeping in and getting a chair because someone else doesn't want to move their crap when they're not in it so that they can have this spot at their leisure. Nothing pisses me off more on vacation than a chair hog or someone who butts in line. I've said things to both sets of people. This will be my first vacation since I've had a child so literally the first time I'll be able to sleep-in in years....

If you can not find a beach chair Augustus will find you one. No charge for this service either...it's all included! I have seen him do this many times.

Admittedly getting a chair is problematic at the pool with limited space but you will have no problem finding a chair and/or room on the beach.

Thanks for the tip!
    I've never been to Hedo before, but my experiences cruising and going to other resorts have given me an idea of what trying to get a chair at 1pm is going to be like....

We were recently at Atlantis and had our stuff on two chairs that we luckily nabbed as a family was leaving during peak times, (11am-3pm). We went on the lazy river and when we returned, (15 min's tops) our stuff was on the floor 10' in front of our chairs and this family had taken possesion of our chairs. I asked them why and they said they waited 5-10 mins and decided we had left for the day. I asked them to remove their stuff as we clearly had not left for the day and they refused. My reaction could have been tapered I guess, but I simply grabbed their stuff, (towels, shoes, magazines, shirts, etc.) and gently tossed them 10-12' the opposite direction some of which ended up in the pool. Once they got up to retrieve their stuff, I put our stuff back on OUR chairs and invited my family to enjoy the rest of our afternooon while we ordered drinks. My point is that if I put my stuff on a chair, go into the beach/pool for 15-30 minutes, hell an hour and return to find them neatly packed or thrown away from my chair I am going to go ape shit, deservingly so. I won't care what the custom is where ever your from. Just saying!

I would just remove whatever was on the chair of no one was around after a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12