Thread: Hedo II trip report July 02 - July 08th

Thumbs up Hedo II trip report July 02 - July 08th

Hi everyone, here is our trip report.

*We used SunHoliday Tours for transport from airport roundtrip. They were OK, left 35 minutes late but arrived within an hour after a quick stop for a redstripe and local smokes, (if interested). Resort no longer offers this tour, you need to make reservations directly with them. $80.00 rountrip for two.

*We booked an ocean front jaccuzzi room on the nude side. Check in was quick, room ready when we arrived at 11:15am.

*Room #2170; well everyone knows decor and basic room layout by now. Nothing changed so far. We did have the following issues in our room;
    -Jaccuzzi did not work, (complained immidiately, they explained a new one was already being positioned for install that evening, it was ionstalled and fully functional by the evening of the next day.
    -Phone did not work, complained but they never fixed it.
    -Safe did not shut, room had two safes, one was shot and the other was just malfunctioning. Engineer came and fixed that evening.
    -AC dripped water, engineer fixed it that evening.
    *Others have posted the changes to some of the pool/beach decor so I won't go through all of those, let's just say that everyone loved them.
    *Entertainment; performers were amazing, shows were excellent and the energey was awesome all week.
    *Resort was not at capacity but it had enough people to make it great.
    *We rented kayaks, water skis, standup paddle boards and scuba. All were handled with amazing service.
    *What made this so special was the service. We heard many repeat visitors commenting on how special everyone was being made to feel and how an emphasis has been put on service and creating a "fun" environment outside of what happens in the privacy of the rooms or jaccuzzi's.
    *Check out; was given number to get adjustment for missing one day use of jaccuzzi. Bill was fine and no issues.

Our only real complaint which has nothing to do with the above was with my stepping on a sea urchin and getting 20+ needles in my foot. Took 3 hours of cutting and slicing to pull them out. I stepped on it 4 feet into the nude side beach. All 4 out of the 6 people in our group stepped on them and so did a dozen or so other people we ran into. The resort should put up a sign warning about this. They are everywhere inside and outside the protected area but do not think your safe by stepping only on the white sand between the sea weed and sea grass as 3 of us were only stepping on the sand when we got hit.

We had a great time, love the resort and especially what they are doing to it to make it better. We just got in a few hours ago and are already planning our next trip this year. Sage travels everyone, have fun. A&K

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the report and updates. Missed you by day as I left on the 1st. I am so sorry for your foot issues and I addressed it in my recently posted trip report. Be careful about infection. Take care/ Ann, TS

Woo hoo new hot tub.
    Thats our room next April.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Thank you Ann. I pulled each needle out, I had about 23 of them. Put on some antibiotic ointment and all seems ok. Sorry we missed you. A&K