Thread: June 28th to July 3rd

June 28th to July 3rd

The trip started out a little bit rough but ended out to be a great trip. When we tried to check in they told us the room wasn't ready and we had to give them a half hour or so... no big deal just an excuse to grab a drink! The issue came up when we went back and they told us that they had no Jacuzzi room for us. We went round and round and got no where so we gave up when they finally promised to have the room for us the next day. The next day we went down and then they started in with making excuses saying the travel agency did not get us the Jacuzzi room and could we show them the voucher, I was on the way back to the room when I realized they took the voucher the night before so I brought back the itinerary book showing it. I reminded them that they took the voucher and it should be with our paper work which somehow when they went looking for could not find! To shorten this story a bit we ended out getting the room but not for almost 24 hours after we checked in! Now I get that with all the groups in during that time it can get crazy but after hours of dealing with it for hours I walked away with the feeling that they were juggling rooms. It seemed they had overbooked and were playing a shell game trying to sort it out. When we finally got to the room the people next to us had almost the same story! The rest of the trip was hassle free thankfully. We had a great time and met some great people. We had our first beach hut massage and it was amazing not only were the ladies hands like magic the waves crashing was so relaxing. We had only been there once before but this trip there seemed to be many improvements. The food was much better than last time overall, still can be improved in some areas but as a whole it was impressively better. The staff was just as friendly as last time however it seemed that they were a little more pushy about bringing up tips, I am a restaurant guy so I do tip and tip well and I get living off of tips so I get it, it just seems that last time they let their friendliness and helpfulness speak for them. The other thing that really surprised me was how aggressive the sellers of local product were, one guy followed me into the main dining room even though I told him no twice.
    Positives are that the place looks great fresh paint, woodwork being replaced new hot tubs going in we actually Got our tub on our second night in the Jacuzzi room. The Jacuzzis are great and lots of fun, lots of room and lots of jets. They also have recovered all of the astro turf pool tables, and the mats in all the cabanas have been replaced. So many good things hard to remember it all!
    On a side note we met Rick and Nancy from Tom's Trips and they were great, we weren't part of their group but they could not have been friendlier and more welcoming.

I have learned one thing from this. Make one copy of everything for your records. Then this way I can avoid any confusion later on. We had some issues with Loyalty Points this past year. I gave them my points info when we checked in and the secretary had hard time finding that paper to credit us on our account. It got found finally. And if I did not have this account number info with me, I would have had to wait till we got back to the USA and home to wait for resolution of the problem and the trip was over. We always leave a copy of our passport with a trusted friend in the STATES and one copy in our home SAFE or a safety deposit box.

Great points peasnapod. We haven't done much international travel and hadn't even thought about passport copies. Thanks!

Sorry to read that your vacation started out with a blip but "all's well that ends well".
    Did they offer you any sort of compensation for essentially being bumped?
    2 years ago when we arrived they told us our OVC/O would not be ready until the next day and assigned us to GVC/O (note my use of the new "official" designations...lol). We were told to come back to reception at 11 am the next day to transfer our room and they also issued us coupons for 2 one half hour massages as compensation. I returned to reception the next day at 11 and a porter was sent with me to transfer our luggage...meanwhile Herladyship went for a one hour massage!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Originally they offered us either a refund on the price difference or two half hour massages. We opted for a refund.I didn't push it but I do think they shoud have done both.
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnMorgan View Post
    Sorry to read that your vacation started out with a blip but "all's well that ends well".
    Did they offer you any sort of compensation for essentially being bumped?
    2 years ago when we arrived they told us our OVC/O would not be ready until the next day and assigned us to GVC/O (note my use of the new "official" designations...lol). We were told to come back to reception at 11 am the next day to transfer our room and they also issued us coupons for 2 one half hour massages as compensation. I returned to reception the next day at 11 and a porter was sent with me to transfer our luggage...meanwhile Herladyship went for a one hour massage!

There were a few room issues that week and the week before as the computer system was down and they were manually doing the rooms.

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !