Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions from newbies heading to Hedo in October!

Questions from newbies heading to Hedo in October!

Hi Everyone!

We are a married couple that have been in the lifestyle for about 8 years heading to Hedo in October for our first time and had a few questions before we plan our trip. Any and all input would greatly be appreciated since we have absolutely no clue.

Where is the best place to book? Should we just book with your typical travel site such as Expedia, Orbitz, etc or should we find a "group" to book with and if so, can anyone suggest who to contact?

Should we arrange transportation from the airport to the resort prior to leaving or just wait til we get there to find that?

Do we need to bring our own beach towels or are they provided?

These are just a few we can think of at this point so if you have anything else to add that might be helpful, thanks in advance for the information. We are thinking of either the week of Oct 19th or the 26th so if anyone feels one week may be better than the other, please let us know that as well. Thanks again!!

Miss Clit and Johnny
    Last edited by LilHotwife; 06-28-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Don't worry about towels (Hedo is a Vogon free zone).

As for the best week... well we are biased (but others are bound to chime in). It would be fun to see you at https://www.adultvacationparties.com...ouples-retreat

And it would mean one less week of waiting!!!
    Kama Sutra Week - Jan 26th - Feb 2nd, 2013
    www.hedokamasutra.com

Agree with Calliope, don't worry about towels and anyone who has been with a group will have an opinion about their group being the best.

My suggestion is to look into what groups will be there around the time you want to go. Contact the host from the group, most of them are pretty informative and helpful. We book through Castaways with our group and get a decent discount. If you book with an agency such as Castaways, they may even include airport transfers. Although the bus ride can be hit or miss depending on how many people are on the bus and where else they are going. There are taxi services that will take you direct for anywhere from 80 bucks per couple to 150 bucks per couple. Or there is the option of Timair, a puddle jumper flight from MBJ to Negril. Not sure on the cost on the flight, but there are couples from our group that do take it.

You can check out the calendar on Hedo's website to see if there is group or groups that will be there. http://www.hedonism.com/events/ is a good place to start.
    Here is a link to Castaways as well http://www.castawaystravel.com/groups-hedo2.htm

There are other travel agencies, but I have not used them. I am sure there are great rates and service from several of them as well. But we have been happy with Castaways. They offer payment plans if you need it, airport transfers and the customer service has been great.

Best of luck and congratulations on your first trip to your soon to be 'new home'.
    TJ & Chris
    Next trip, Hedo II, July 24-Aug 2 2014
    AWOL 2014, One Love..

We agree with earlier posts. Find a group that might be going when you are and see what arrangements they may have made. As to using online travel services, you may save a few bucks, but in the long run, you're much better off with a real travel agent who has a name and who you can talk with. We've seen many cases of botched reservations at both Hedo's where the guest was unable to contact anyone with the booking agency to straighten things out for them. You'll also get much better service from a travel agency that does regular business with au naturel travel in general and Hedonism II in particular.

We also invite you to visit the pages of www.jwst.com where you will find lots of ideas, tips and suggestions to make your trip a lot go a lot smoother.

BTW, we are NOT travel agents.

We travel with the international delights group that go every October. We have gone with other groups to both Hedo 3 and Hedo 2. This is the only group we have gone with over the last 3 years. I know everybody has their favorite groups so I won't go on about that. I do however agree with the other about going through a reputable travel agent. We have heard horror stories over the years from people who book through other online services. We have booked with Toms Trips the last 3 years with a nice group discount. Sandy is always at the resort during our groups week to assist with any problems there may be. We are not travel agents either but we have had great luck with them. Have a great trip!!

http://www.tomstrips.com/
    Are we there yet??

Do Not use Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc. Even using your own local travel agent is better than using them. They "might" know the resort at least.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

We had friends who booked with expidia two weeks before we went and they got the air and resort for $2600. We paid $3200.00 jut at the resort for ovn. Check around to what your able to spend. We have booked through castaway also ask for Jennifer. You will have a great time.
    April 1-9th 2016 with Fluffernutters for Fluff Olympics
    November 12-19 2016 With Fluffernutters for Fluff Love

We are also going with International Delights and we booked with Tom's Trips. This is our first time with Tom's. We have also used DennyP and GoClassy. We are happy with all of them.
    We love Hedo and can't wait to get there! We are so excited that Hedo has been bought by a true "Hedo lover" , and that they
    Are working so hard to make improvements in the resort.
    All three of our trips have been wonderful and the next one will be even better!
    Cowgirl

Wow! Several of us going with the International Delights in October. We too can vouch for DennyP, Toms Trips and Go Classy. We used Unwind Travel (Fluffernutters) this time so we'll see how it goes but we are confident with them as well.
    S&A

You know the Delights represent very well!! It's been a great trip making new friends the past few years...95 days and counting!!

Quote Originally Posted by iacpl View Post
    Wow! Several of us going with the International Delights in October. We too can vouch for DennyP, Toms Trips and Go Classy. We used Unwind Travel (Fluffernutters) this time so we'll see how it goes but we are confident with them as well.
    S&A
    Are we there yet??

Quote Originally Posted by Paul&Annie View Post
    You know the Delights represent very well!! It's been a great trip making new friends the past few years...95 days and counting!!
    Paul and Annie,,,you got that right! Due to a scheduling issue we can't be there the entire week of the I.D.'s. See ya on the 8th!
    Miss you both!
    Steve and Anita

Please think again on your travel dates!
    International Delights is simply THE best group!
    If you live in Europe, the best prices can be found on Kenwood Travel. We paid for this year £54 / person / night.
    If you live in USA you'll have to pay more... Perhaps Tom's Trips is a good choice...
    Check this out! http://groups.yahoo.com/group/InternationalDelights/
    We'll be waiting for you in the first week of October!

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    Do Not use Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc. Even using your own local travel agent is better than using them. They "might" know the resort at least.
    Hi, I'm curious. If the price is cheaper than a travel agency, why shouldn't someone us Expedia, or similar site?

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneeKat View Post
    Hi, I'm curious. If the price is cheaper than a travel agency, why shouldn't someone us Expedia, or similar site?
    First off, they are all travel agencies. Secondly, I have never seen Expedia or the others with a cheaper price. I have seen them exploit people with no knowledge of the properties they sell. I had a family member book another SuperClubs property with them and never once mentioned that transfers were included in the price of the resort. Instead, they charged them $60 per person for R/T transfers. If you do happen to call them, rather than doing everything online, there is a very big chance that the person you speak with has ZERO personal knowledge of the property you want. If you want to do this all on your own do your homework. Price the resort directly then compare prices with tour operators such as those with the airlines (Delta Vacations, USAirways Vacations, JetBlue Vacations) as well as others such as GoGo Vacations. If you are not comfortable making a reservation yourself online after looking at your options, go to your local travel agent. They are going to compare prices with all the same tour operators. If there is a problem, you then have someone who is going to work on your behalf to fix it. Normally, a travel agency will charge you nothing extra to work with them as they get paid a commission from the aforementioned tour operators.

There was a sign in a travel agency that said Good! Fast! Cheap! Pick Two! Cheap is not always the best option in many instances.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Thanks, I was curious because the price I received from Expedia beat all the TAs referenced on this board by several hundred dollars. Now I have to be fair, the week I checked on there isn't a travel agency sponsored group at Hedo.
    I understand that does make a difference.

I asked because your comment seemed rather strong so I thought it may have been a booking error issue instead of a price issue.

Thanks, Kathy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast