Thread: Hedo II newbies. Question on travel groups vs non group guests

Hedo II newbies. Question on travel groups vs non group guests

Hi everyone, this forum has been very helpful to help us get the most for our upcoming trip. We will be there the week of 4th of July. I have read many things about the resort and we are excited to partake in it all. The one thing I can't seem to figure out is if the activities relating to the travel groups, (Toms tours, etc.) themes, games, parades, etc are only for the travel groups members or can Hedo II guests also partake in? Thanks again everyone. A&K

It depends on the group. There are theme nights that the resort puts on, of course everyone is invited to partake, but some groups change the theme nights. Some groups welcome participation from other guests for some events while some events are a 'group only' event, i.e. "play room" night may be for group only or may be open for other guests by invitation. Check with the groups that will be there that week, you may be able to still join the group if you wish. But all in all, most of the groups love to mingle with those that aren't in their group anyway, so don't feel like you cant have fun with them just because you aren't part of their group.

Thank you x2fur. I became aware of the groups after making my reservation and since we are going with a couple we know we thought it would not make much of a difference. We do see now however that there could be savings oin room and overall costs as well as perks relating to activities, etc. but I am sure we will have a good time none the less. Thanks again.

Last year, TJ and I had already booked through the resort when we found out about the groups. We contacted the group and were able to switch our reservations to go through the group and got the group discount. It may not be too late to save yourself a few bucks. For us it was like almost 15%....well worth looking into.

Thanks, I looked at the groups. Seems like the way to go. We will keep in mind for our next trip. We are going with another couple this time around so we will keep as is and try to make friends with some members of those groups.

Keep in mind: depending on where you live and how you travel, you may be able to get a better price by booking yourself. But that does not mean you can't be a part of a group. Many groups will welcome you as a group member, so long as you ask to join ahead of the trip. Many (we've found) are very welcoming and will share all the 'goodies' and events.

Some groups will even welcome you as a 'full' member at the resort, once you introduce yourself.

There are some very closed groups, however. They tend to know each other and are not too welcoming of newbies.

Our overall experience has been that groups are more than willing to make you a full member, so long as you make the contact, preferably ahead of time. Some groups have on-line chat groups on Yahoo (or similar).

So get involved and join in and have a great time.

PNK

Thank you PNK, that is exactly what I was hoping for, (maybe join as honorary member before hand or once there). Just looking at making the most of the week and take it all in. Needless to say we are excited and eagerly anticipating our arrival. Thanks again. A&K