Thread: Grand Lido - Nigril

Grand Lido - Nigril

Recently heard that Grand Lido Negril was purchased and that there will be a a private nude or CO beach. Wondering if anyone else has further info?

If you are talking about Breezes (across the street from Hedo), No longer CO as of 5/31/13

I've yet to see an official notice on the status of the clothing optional beach at the new Grand Lido. There have been lots of posts on dennyp.com and the grand lido visitors hangout saying that they are keeping the clothing optional beach and it was certainly active through May and has been mentioned in trip reports. The Facebook group has a detailed list they said they got from the General Manager at the resort on 5/13 and that states that the clothing optional areas well remain. The only place I've seen the 5/31/2013 end date in was initial announcements and those also announced that it was becoming a family resort and being called "Memories". I sent an email to the resort to ask what the status is and I'll post the reply when I get it. None of the online materials for the resort mention clothing optional sections.

I just received this from Nicola Barrett at Grand Lido:

"The clothing optional is still in order and operation as was, no changes has been made, it was up for discussions but now confirmed."

thats great news ive been to grand lido before and i love the place i recommend it it blends the best of hedo and a 4 star resort

Blog Entries
    Not sure how you compare it to Hedo?
    [/SIGPIC]Bobby & Susan Xgames
    SEXGames 2014 (June 21-28)
    info@sexgamesevent.com
    www.sexgamesevent.com

https://www.facebook.com/SeXGamesEvent

Been there done that

I have been there twice while it was breezes. We planed on going back this year and had booked for July 4th week. Then the bad news, 2 weeks later they sold and rumors about the C/O going away started flowing. I emailed the new comapany and was told it will no longer be C/O so we went to Hidden Beach instead. While at Hidden Beach they changed their minds and decided to keep the resort's cove side Clothing Optional. The new name is Lido Grand Negril (the name it had many years ago befor Breezes) Hedo is lifestyle friendly and Lido Grand is not. Hedo is also not as nice as far as the facility itself. Since they are across the street from each other a day or night pass can be had for $80 per female and $100 per male so you can see for yourself. From what I understand since both resorts have been sold their respective owners are planning to dump major money into them and bring the resorts up. With that comes a more expensive vacation. I for one will read the reviews over the next 2 years and see where it goes.
    Last edited by SteveNKaren; 07-16-2013 at 09:48 AM.