Thread: Newbie trying to figure out best time to stay at Hedo for first time!

Smile Newbie trying to figure out best time to stay at Hedo for first time!

As I have posted we have done day passes only, and just visited Jamaica for first time. Everyone here has given us great advice about joining other groups to go and we plan on doing that.

My question is this all the groups look fun, but when contacting them some don't know about other group events other than their own. So I can't just book with one group for multiple trips.

As I said I only see husband every 3-4 months and because of how much we have to spend on airline tickets, preflight hotels, afterflight hotels, and all that jazz I want to get this Right and not screw up our timing. My husband works 100 hours per week with no days off other than when he comes home every 13-16 weeks. So we plan on taking at least 10 day trips when we go to make it worth our time and money. I read about room preferences so that help greatly and I appreciate all the advice.

Which months, which events, are the must do and see? Husbands dates off will be in Nov and Feb. I did have a cruise tentatively booked for Nov, but not sure we would have the freedom we experienced at Hedo so I'm have second thoughts on that. I read there is a lifestyle takeover in Jan at Hedo and one in Feb. Which one is the better time?

We live in far North and Winter time is when we love to go some place warm. To the readers here if you could go in Nov, and Feb which group would you go with? Is Jan better than Feb?

Sorry to keep bothering you all with questions but its hard trying to figure this out.

Also I read black and white night replaced what was Toga night, but some groups still do Toga night is this correct? What is the best theme nights? How do we dress for dinner?

Is it too crowed in Jan and Feb? I wonder if you can even get a place to sit by the pool?

Definitely Valentine’s week for February. Live bands on the beach and a very popular week with lots of energy. That week is Bubbly Bears but you don't have to join any group to go the week that they go however you can sometimes get better rates by going with a group. Some groups have membership fees some don't. You can Google most groups to find that out. If they don't have a website you can be sure they don't have membership fees.

January is known for lifestyle groups. I have read that going the first week with New Years Eve at Hedo is the bomb with a huge party and upgraded food, shows, ect. Not sure of the varies group names for that week but you can find out by reading trip reports from that week.

Of course I think Spanksgiving aka ButtCrack Tours (USA Thanksgiving week) is the best week in November. No membership required. This week is reportedly the third busiest week of the year with multiple groups. Two beach parties and a parade (tour) through Sandals on Thanksgiving are included. Beach parties include a Heinilicken beer party and a Champagne party. A DJ plays music and dancing on the beach naked with contests too. At least one pub crawl into Negril is organized. Buss ride to about 6 or 7 different bars with only a tip expected for the bus driver. This gives you a chance to experience Negril and the local flavor of Jamaica.

This year Lovevoodoo is November 2nd to the 9th but you must book through them to get their rates. They offer more group sponsored events and contests goat racing, cruises and evening ‘playroom’ in the spa. I crossed over with them last November and won Ms Lovevoodoo 2012 with 10 free nights for two. Sadly, I had to give them up or miss my ButtCrack peeps during Spanksgiving.

I believe the Bosom Buddies group is around the same time as Lovevoodoo. Also a fun group. The crowd dies down a bit after ButtCrack before the WWW (Wet Wild and Wicked group shows up in December.

I have not heard of any group sponsoring a toga party but we have some die hard Buttcracker’s that now wear a Toga Thursday night in protest of the cancellation of this long time event. Pretty much anything goes any night at Hedo so pack whatever costumes you like and wear them at will. My favorite night is Tuesday for PJ party. Most just wear their PJ outfit to dinner. Keep in mind that this is not limited to PJ’s it’s really a big costume party more akin to Halloween.

The pool has limited seating no matter what week you go. Most people just hang out in the pool or around the edge. It seems that the chairs are more for storage than sitting. You will see some people passed out er I mean napping on the lounges by the pool.

Try reading some trip reports here and on DennyP.com for the time slots you are interested in. Trip reports are labeled by month. Denny’s also has a message board, a guest schedule and monthly calendar showing groups. http://www.dennyp.com/ubbthreads/ubb.../forum_summary

Our group does New Years Eve each year...usually a few days before and the week after. As Anita says it is a great party and upgraded food.parties etc.. The rest of Jan is known as "lifestyle weeks", The resort is usually sold out for New Years and January so the sooner you book the better. You are correct that one group cannot speak for another. Each group is unique with it's own host couples. We do some things that other groups do not...depends alot on group size and how much each offers. We traditionally do a foam party in the disco at some point during the week. Some groups do this as well during their week, some do not. We don't offer a playroom...again other group do. The groups are not Hedo run, but a bunch of individuals that travel together (always some repeat members and a whole bunch of new ones), so don't be afraid to join one...we all welcome newcomers. Check Hedonism.com events tab for a list (not complete unfortunately as we all have to request to be listed). This will give you an idea of who will be there when and you can check out their websites or contact a group if you're interested in attending that week.
    We do know a variety of other host couples personally...but what they have planned each year we are not privy to...so that's why one group can't comment on what another would do. Hate to give out wrong information about someone elses group.
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anitathediva View Post
    Definitely Valentine’s week for February. Live bands on the beach and a very popular week with lots of energy. That week is Bubbly Bears but you don't have to join any group to go the week that they go however you can sometimes get better rates by going with a group. Some groups have membership fees some don't. You can Google most groups to find that out. If they don't have a website you can be sure they don't have membership fees.

January is known for lifestyle groups. I have read that going the first week with New Years Eve at Hedo is the bomb with a huge party and upgraded food, shows, ect. Not sure of the varies group names for that week but you can find out by reading trip reports from that week.

Of course I think Spanksgiving aka ButtCrack Tours (USA Thanksgiving week) is the best week in November. No membership required. This week is reportedly the third busiest week of the year with multiple groups. Two beach parties and a parade (tour) through Sandals on Thanksgiving are included. Beach parties include a Heinilicken beer party and a Champagne party. A DJ plays music and dancing on the beach naked with contests too. At least one pub crawl into Negril is organized. Buss ride to about 6 or 7 different bars with only a tip expected for the bus driver. This gives you a chance to experience Negril and the local flavor of Jamaica.

This year Lovevoodoo is November 2nd to the 9th but you must book through them to get their rates. They offer more group sponsored events and contests goat racing, cruises and evening ‘playroom’ in the spa. I crossed over with them last November and won Ms Lovevoodoo 2012 with 10 free nights for two. Sadly, I had to give them up or miss my ButtCrack peeps during Spanksgiving.

I believe the Bosom Buddies group is around the same time as Lovevoodoo. Also a fun group. The crowd dies down a bit after ButtCrack before the WWW (Wet Wild and Wicked group shows up in December.

I have not heard of any group sponsoring a toga party but we have some die hard Buttcracker’s that now wear a Toga Thursday night in protest of the cancellation of this long time event. Pretty much anything goes any night at Hedo so pack whatever costumes you like and wear them at will. My favorite night is Tuesday for PJ party. Most just wear their PJ outfit to dinner. Keep in mind that this is not limited to PJ’s it’s really a big costume party more akin to Halloween.

The pool has limited seating no matter what week you go. Most people just hang out in the pool or around the edge. It seems that the chairs are more for storage than sitting. You will see some people passed out er I mean napping on the lounges by the pool.

Try reading some trip reports here and on DennyP.com for the time slots you are interested in. Trip reports are labeled by month. Denny’s also has a message board, a guest schedule and monthly calendar showing groups. http://www.dennyp.com/ubbthreads/ubb.../forum_summary
    wow Anita thanks for all the INFO you have been a huge help to me. I can't say thanks enough. Ok so I will plan around Thanksgiving and and New Years..who knows if possible maybe valentines too, I'm hooked after day pass. I love the freedom that place offers to all. sounds like a great time.

By the way congrat on winning free days at resort, I would love to win a prize like that but prolly won't compete in anything especially since I am so very new to Nude Beach, Hedo, and everything.
    Last edited by star12; 06-04-2013 at 06:28 PM.

/Thank you SandS, I think we will do New Years eve. Does your group have any rooms left?

We have gone in Late February, late March and April.
    Doesn't matter when we go we have always had a great time.

I would pick the best time for you and just book the trip!

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015