Thread: Hedo vs. Fantasy Fest-which is the best travel value?

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hedo vs. Fantasy Fest-which is the best travel value?

Hi there....Here's a question I get asked frequently especially around the time of my Annual June Group Trip to Hedonism II resort in Negril, Jamaica:

How and why can I afford to go to Hedo in June when Fantasy Fest in Key West, Florida every October is less expensive (or so I think)?

Let me say this and state some facts, figures, details so that you can draw your own conclusions.

I would say, and many FantasyFesters in my group would confirm, that Hedo is less expensive for a week vs. FF and offers both more freedom and more options for the travel dollar and time. And let me add: Either choice is the right one as both should be on everyone's "bucketlist".

NOTE: I have been to FF 11 times since 1999 and Hedo 8 times since 2006.

The biggest cost for either trip are room rates and for the 7th Annual Hedo Group Trip trip next month nightly rates start at US $139 per person, per night, double occupancy or $278 per room per night. Many rooms go more per night in Key West during FF week. For purposes of this post I will use $250 per night for FF.

Hedo's rate, however, is all-inclusive with room, all food and snacks 24/7 (as much as you want) and all drinks, premium liquor, beer, wine, & sodas 24/7 (again, as much as you want), all taxes, fees, tips and gratuities, fitness center, nude beach, all entertainment, non-motorized watersports, 3 swimming pools, 5 bars, piano bar, costumed theme nights, pool parties, disco, and all in a nude/clothing optional tropical resort setting with security and surrounded with like-minded people who seek fun, no hassles, etc. Eat when hungry, sleep when tired, drink when....well......whenever.

1 week comparisons with a garden view regular room @ Hedo versus a hotel/guesthouse room in Key West:

Hedo room for 2: $1,946 total

FF room for 2: $1,750 (with a room for $250 per night plus resort fees, taxes, etc)

Hedo food/drink/snacks for 2: $0

FF food/drink/snacks for 2: $1,120 (with a limited $80 per person per day basis @ $10 breakfast/$15 lunch/$25 dinner & $6 drinks x5)

Transportation to Hedo for 2: $600-1,000 (Even with $300-500 airfare per person-although less from Florida)

Transportation to FF for 2: $500-800 (drive or fly from various USA airports)

Hedo room taxes, resort fees, tips for 2: $0

FF room taxes, resort fees, tips for 2: $210-350

Hedo approx. cost for 2: $2,546

FF approx cost for 2: $3,580

Limited walking, staggering distance back to your room, music & activities to keep you busy or not. It is your choice to pick and choose what you do or not do. No long lines, no big crowds, no fantasy zone required (it's all fantasy zone @ Hedo). Hedo does not have a parade however. As said before, you should do both each year if possible but any decision you make is the right one.

Ann, The TravelSlut and TheTravelSlut@yahoo.com

plus

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Krewed...ifers4Hedonism (with 2,200 members & 1,000+ photos

and/or

http://www.flickr.com/groups/hedonismresortgrouptrip (with 5,200 members & 3,000 photos).

See you there?

This is an amazing comparison and as many times I have been to hedo , I have not yet been to FF. However... when I am able to go.. I'm staying with you Ann and you can show me the town !
    Bob ( aka " Ken " )

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Blog Entries
    Consider it done ("Ken")!!!!

Blog Entries
    I just received this email below that tells the story of some real costs of FF vs. Hedo & is told objectively. Just food for more thought for some of you.....

Ann.
    We would like to share our experiences and opinion of some of the differences between Hedo and Fantasy Fest.

We have been to FF ten times and Hedo seven times. They are both a lot of fun and everyone should experience each. We feel Hedo is more high energy and relaxing both at the same time. The people at Hedo are to high degree like minded where as the folks attending FF have a wide diversity of views. FF is very crowded and sometimes hectic where Hedo is laid back with very little resembling a schedule.

Just about everyone we know feels the "fun quotient" at Hedo exceeds FF.

We live about 650 miles from Key West and generally speaking it is less expensive to fly to Montego Bay than Key West and yes... that is crazy!!

Last year we chose to drive and rented a economy car to get better fuel mileage .

This is what it cost us for FF last Oct (2013).

Fuel 164.00
    Room on way down 105.45
    Room in Key West 2076.38
    Room on way home 172.61
    Food and Drinks 897.94
    Rental Car 149.22
    Sun Pass Fees 9.45

This year we were trying to cut cost and stick to a budget and we went middle of the road for food and drinks. Not a single meal in a high end expensive restaurant.

We were in Key West six nights. Cost was $ 3575.05... Close to six hundred a night.

When this expense accounting is compared to Hedo it shows what a VALUE Hedo is
    We hope these numbers can serve as a guide to help people make a decision about which venue is best for them.

CCRYDER and HIPOCKETS

We will be in Key West three weeks from today! Not fantasy Fest, but definitely looking forward to getting out of this @$#%*& cold weather. Your research is great. Our friends are always surprised when I tell them Key West is more than the islands, they cant seem to understand why leaving the country isn't more expensive.

Blog Entries
    I know you will have fun in Key West....FF week or not....I always do but I really appreciate it when I'm not paying $300+ per night for a room just because they can. I actually prefer KW more before & after FF when the prices return to more normal (still high compared to many places) but its uniqueness makes up for it.

104 days and counting for me for my 10th trip to Hedo which is one time shy of the number of trips I took to FF.