Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Key West brief review

Key West brief review

We are back from Key West and we had a great trip. The flight in was a pain. It was practice time for the Blue Angels and air space was restricted. How did they not know that when we left Tampa? So after circling for 30 minutes, and a side trip to Miami to refuel, we arrived in Key West.
    We stayed at the Key West Harbor Inn. It's a very nice choice. The pool was heated, the rooms very nice, and it's close to everything. Although it is adult only and top free friendly, not many ladies actually went topless. The first time my wife removed her top a very attractive lady looked over, saw her topless and said "what the fuck", and immediatly removed her top. They were the only ones though.
    I would say my best day was the day we took the seaplane trip to Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas. Beautiful trip, fun flight. The pilot flew so low we could see sharks, and sea turtles in the water below. We kept planning special dinners out but never seemed to make it. We usually ended up at the Schooner Wharf bar for apps, and beers. All in all very relaxing.
    Biggest disapointment was the day we met an old friend and her family for breakfast at Blue Heavon. While the visit was great, the service at this somewhat legendary restaurant was indifferent to the point of being rude. The food was pretty good, but not worth the wait, and hassle.
    Cheers,

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the trip report. I just sent friends to Key West this past weekend and will learn from them in a couple days when I see them again as to their experiences.

Key West is so eclectic and fluid that each visit is different from previous ones and always with some highlights and lowlights but always a trip to remember.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tips, we have stopped there a few times on cruises and always vow to go back and spend a week there. Hoping for a few days there in August. Keep the tips coming!!!

Check out the Pilot House, we just got back from there and had a blast. Has a clothing optional pool and hot tub. Located just 1/2 block off Duval street close to all the bars. Don't forget to check out the Garden of Eden,located on top of the Bull (clothing optional rooftop bar)

we have stayed at the Pilot house too, very nice hope to go back soon
    We are not sure if we are doing hedo , cruise or desire on our next adventure

We will be at The Pilot House on Fri. & Sat. night this weekend. Looking forward to a fun trip.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Were you able to get a pool cabana suite? If you go out the back gate take a left and walk to Fleming street you will find Fausto's market. You can stock up on essentials. They have a small deli in back that serves a carry out breakfast if you just want to hang in the room and nurse the hangover in the morning. Unfortunately some of the items are sold out by 9:30, but the place is a life saver. If you go out the front gate and take a right, there is a good Chinese restaurant on the corner of Fleming st. It delivers, but you are only 100 yds away from your room. It's hard to leave the naked pool, but if you want to see some vibe in the sun Dauntes pool/restaurant normally has a DJ and plenty of titts and ass on the weekend, fun for people watching. Go there for late lunch and check it out, guessing 15 minuet walk. If you want possibly the best burger on the planet (no kidding)go to Brazalena located right behind Bull/garden of Eden. Brazalena has a really nice/classy/quieter bar casual dress is fine. We will be in kw this weekend with some SUPER fun,kinda but not really vanilla fantasy fest friends. We are actually all pretty dark. haha If you have any questions let me know or pm me. I have spent a bunch of time in kw over the past 15 years so I know every fun spot and restaurant in town. It's my wife's favorite town also.

I would have loved a Pool Cabana Suite but had to take what they had a two night opening in which was the Master Suite. Thanks for all the info!
    Joe & Ellen

SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1

No problem, as you know like Hedo it's not about the room it's about the people and experience. Great minds think alike so hopefully a fun group will be there this weekend. We will look for you on Duval, we will be the average looking guys with the really hot chicks. We hang out alot at the tree bar/dirty Harry's (across the street from sloppy joes) great place to people watch. The tree bar has a huge tree out front with a bird house in it its easy to find. They make one of the few fresh hand squeezed orange,grapefruits around....with vodka of course if you wish. They also make a killer Bloody Mary to get your day going. Oh yeah go to the green parrot at least one night for music, no cover charge, some of the best talent from around the country plays there regularly on weekends. Sorry for welcome wagon speech, but I suspect its called the adult travel forum for a reason. I figured after doing the usual tourist stuff you may want to see some of the locals favorite spots. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Sorry for welcome wagon speech, but I suspect its called the adult travel forum for a reason. I figured after doing the usual tourist stuff you may want to see some of the locals favorite spots. Enjoy
    That is what people want to read about! We always like to find the spots that the locals hang out at.
    Joe & Ellen

SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1

Bikes are our preferred means of transportation, we have seen a lot of scooters wrapped around cars,trees,people. Not an easy driving town, partyers, tourist, one ways, distracted people. Plus parking is a problem. The location is so good you don't really need any transportation. Walking is an awesome way to see the sights. Do the 800 block, it's the " gay" section of Duval, catch a drag queen show, fun stuff. Your probably in the 300 block and the farthest end of Duval is probably the 1200 block. Bikes are a nice way to cover ground and see more of the island. We have breakfast at two friends or harpoon Harry's. They are both approx. 3-4 blocks away. All this is assuming you can pull yourself from the pool, which will not be easy. Faustos has beer and wine.

WE're gonna have to pull ourselves away from thepull so we can tell people we saw things in Key West.
    Joe & Ellen

SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1

Soooo true, island time will be kicking in hard about the time your rolling up your towel. My suggestion is to back your departure flight off now, screw the office and kids inheritence its you time. Depending on the cruise ship schedule Sundays and Mondays are very nice, towns quite like we like it, its relax eat, sex, pool, sex, eat, pool, sex... Trust me your going to want one more day at least. Unlike Hedo the town is almost and I did say almost as fun as the pool. DIF is a bitch only one cure pull out the Amex and extend. Haha

I wish we could have one more day but timing just doesn't work out.
    Joe & Ellen

SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1

WE are back from Key West, arriving home at 3 AM due to flight delays caused by storms in Atlanta. After a $17 tax ride, we were at the Pilot House less than 20 minutes after landing. We got dropped off at the back of the property on Bahama St. because the taxi driver drove past the main entrance on Simonton. We arrived just before noon and Virginia said the the people that checked out of our room left it a bit messy so housekeeping wasn't finished yet. We left our bags with her and headed a block over to Duval and had lunch. We absolutely loved the Pilot House including our room, The Master Suite on the second floor of the main building. We had a little balcony in the front of the house where we could have coffee first thing in the morning. We met a group of friends from the South Florida area, all members of a large swing club, who were down for a birthday celebration. They were very accepting of us and others around the pool offering us food and drinks. We also met an ATF lurker who knew we were going to be down there, called me Hedo Joe, and hung out with them in the pool as well. I know you are going to read this so SAY HELLO! We went to so many bars and restaurants and had blast. Met a couple from a lifestyle site and they showed us around to all of their hangouts including The Whistle Stop and the Garden of Eden one flight up. While there, there were only two naked guys.

Within a short walk from the Pilot House, we found some great little places for breakfast. Walking all over Duval and the side streets till the wee hours, we always felt safe. We inquired about booking two rooms at the Pilot House for Fantasy Fest 2014 and were told they were already booked with regulars that stay there very year. On the day we left, our flight was not until 6 PM but they let us store our bags in the office along with our pool towels so that we could wander around and then come back and use the pool until we had to leave. One of the South Florida group even offered their room and shower so we could get cleaned up before grabbing our taxi.
    Joe & Ellen

SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast