Thread: Goose & Budges's Trip Report Feb.8 - 15th 2013

Goose & Budges's Trip Report Feb.8 - 15th 2013

Hello everyone,

We had the best vacation of our lives so far, even though it was full of good & bad surprises. We started our trip on a five hour train ride to Cochrane Ont., then arrived at Timmins Ont. by 1 am. Had a short sleep & was on Air Canada (Jazz) to Toronto. We arrived in Toronto during their worst storm of the year & made our connection by the skin of our teeth. It took us almost an hour just to get to ramp! Because of being 7th in line for de icing & snow getting into the engines we were on the tarmac for 5 hrs. The crap that happened on plane would take to long to explain, so I won't go there. The rest of the flight was OK.

Budge has never been to Hedo or Jamaica so I couldn't wait to see her expressions when we got of the plane in Mo Bay. She & I were not disappointed. After about half an hour we were on a small bus with three other couples all going to different resorts. We had a great time talking to the driver & sharing stories & laughter with passengers which got us into the party atmosphere.

We arrived at the front desk @ around 8 pm. We were offered drinks almost right away & waited our turn for about ten minutes. The couple in front of us were being informed that the resort was overbooked & would have to stay at Breezes for the evening so I was almost sure we would have to stay there too & I was correct. We were disappointed but not as upset as the lady in front of us. After about 10 minutes we were on our way. We were pleasantly surprised when we opened our suite door. Breezes is fantastic in it's own rite. We were tired but we dined, danced & explored both resorts then lay on the beach & stared at each other & the stars until we went to bed.

The next morning was priceless. Budge opened the door & we could not believe our eyes. 9 AM, sun shining Jamaica in all it's glory, with the ocean less than 30 feet away. We were told our room at Hedo would be ready by noon so we had a bite for breakfast & played in the water at Breezes till then. Made our way over, settled in our ocean view prude room & checked the grounds out. It was as I remembered it from 20 years ago with a few changes. The flying trapeze is gone but I think the extra pools & waterslide make up for it. Now it was time to get nekid in public! This was a first time for my wife. Budge is the type of person that will try anything once as long as no one gets hurt so off went the towels. We made it to the nude bar, ordered a drink, & settled into the pool & took in the ambiance. We met many nice people during the afternoon & went back to the room around 6 to freshen up for the evening. Headed to the dining room at 7 & found a table. I went to go get some drinks & wasn't gone 5 minutes. When I went back to the table there was a guy chatting up Budge. I introduced myself & after politely & discreetly letting him know our situation we had a pleasant meal with him. We watched the fantastic show & took in all the sights & sounds until 11 & went to the disco. We were there for an hour & only a handful of people milled through & we decided to go to the room for fun & rest until the next morning.

Sunday morning we headed up for our first breakfast then made it to the nude beach again. Since we got there earlier then before we found ocean side loungers right away. We put our inflatables we had brought with us down by the tree where others were & went back to lounge when Budge said lets get a beer. Before I could even answer a beautiful petite lady, named Eva, grabbed her hand & said lets go get a drink darling, never mind him. Right from then, I knew we were going to have a fantastic time. The Hedo bug bit us hard that day & the sting stayed with us. The rest of the stay was like that. We partied with people , met people from the forum, & made some new close friends. Went to Ricks with friends, went parasailing, partied at an off resort club with he best driver in Negril. Joined in onstage after dinner a couple of times & Budge & I even won the onstage reggae dance contest. What a hoot! We went off on a quest with new friends who head a an organization called Katie Bears. We handed out stuffed animals to school children with them & I must say it was a very emotional experience. Please check their web site out at www.KatieBears.ca.

I would also like to say that the Hedo staff are top notch. Everyone of them made us feel like we belonged. There are a few who touched our hearts & we can't wait to go back & give them a big hug & kiss.

I could be here all day telling you what happened but for those of you who have been there you need no explanation & for those of you who are open minded & are thinking of going, don't listen to the negative hype & just go. If you follow the golden rule you will have a fantastic time.

Love to All

Goose & Budge

Wow, sounds like you guys sure had a hard time getting there and then getting bumped to boot. Glad it worked out for you in the end and you had a great time.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Kind of like the Planes, Trains, & Automobiles movie, but Hedo made it all better. Going back next winter for two weeks this time. Even though money is tight, Budge has already saved half the funds & started planning our trip on the way back home. Maybe we will cross paths Capn'.