Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Key West C/O

We will be at Pilot House Sun-Wed Jul 13-16. We'll add a trip report upon return.

WE still have 78 days until we get back to The Pilot House. We are hoping to find some fun couples there.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Back from the Pilot House Guest House
    Thought we would have some fun with our new Nikon camera

Attachment 7432

The place was fun
    We will put a trip report shortly

k&r

That new camera takes really nice pictures!. There were too many people around last year for me to bring the camera to the pool.

Quote Originally Posted by rkd2013 View Post

Attachment 7432

The place was fun

k&r
    Joe & Ellen

SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    That new camera takes really nice pictures!. There were too many people around last year for me to bring the camera to the pool.
    I think we were only one of two couples still there on Tuesday so we had pool to ourselves for most of late afternoon after housekeeping had left

Trip Report

Pilot House Guest House - July 13 thru July 16

This was Karen's and my first visit to Key West in over 20 years. We had looked into several of the big resorts (Westin, Hyatt, Marriott) but really didn't want a "family-style" trip. The Pier House does offer a topless option on one section of their property but still a family resort. We settled on the Pilot House because it was adult-only with a clothing-optional pool and spa. Here's our take on our 3 day adventure.

Property: The Pilot House is a historic mansion beautifully converted into a guest house with six additional Cabanas by the pool. There is also a nice jacuzzi in a separate enclosure that invites fun in privacy. The property is landscaped with palm trees and a mix of flowering scrub.

Room: Our Cabana was very roomy with king bed, very comfy with nice pillows, small kitchenette, great walk-in shower which invites fun times, good storage and drawer space, and excellent A/C. Got some cool photos in shower with new Nikon waterproof camera.

Location: One block from Duval and Eaton, 10 minute walk to Fogerty's, Sloppy Joe's, Capt. Tony's. Small grocery and liquor store within 500 feet. Really a great location. We never needed any transportation to any place we drank or eat. Oh...and a Starbuck's just down the street.

Pool: Small but cozy, enclosed on all sides for privacy; nice chaise lounges, tables, towels, ice maker, music mix played in background. The pool area is c/o and you get plenty of sun for your all-over tan. It does lend itself to easy interaction with other guests because of it's size but can get tight with more then four couples and floats in pool. There are only 14 loungers which can be a problem if property is full (20+ guests). We did enjoy the pool to ourselves Tuesday afternoon after housekeeping had left for the day. Lots of fun!!

Jacuzzi: Located in back of guest house in a covered enclosure, very romantically decorated, and very private in the evening. We enjoy ourselves each night after dining and clubbing. This was Karen's favorite part of the property.

Guests: The pool was full when we got there early Sunday, couples from mid thirties to our age...lol. We met two nice biker couples (40ish) and had great conversation in the pool with all but the biker couples had interesting stories of their trip to Hedonism. We can't wait for out trip in November.

Staff: Excellent housekeeping for the rooms; could be better for the pool area. Never really saw any upkeep for the pool during stay other then the guests tiding up when leaving. Daniel, the manager on duty for our stay, was great with directions and recommendations. Everything he suggested was "right on". We never met Virginia.

Food: None! Except for an ice maker everything you eat or drink must be brought on property. This is a guest house not a bed and breakfast. We never found this an issue during our stay.

...and the big question...

PDA: None during the day at pool. The staff are present tending to the Cabana rooms at this time so the most action at the pool is conversation and tending to your partner on a float. However, the jacuzzi was perfect in the early/late evening for making your own fun. We also had the pool to ourselves on Tuesday afternoon and enjoyed each other without interruption. There is no staff on property after 6pm so the right mix of couples could be exciting as the property is very intimate.

Conclusion: Very romantic stay, comfortable, quite, intimate, fun guests, fantastic location. We already blocked same time next year.

Note: The two properties next to the Pilot House are under considerable renovation with the accompanying construction noise. This is temporary but consider this a factor if you plan on visiting within next two months.

k&r

Great trip report. Sounds a bit like our first stay there last year for 2 nights. We had such a great time last July that we are booked for 3 nights at the end of September.
    Joe & Ellen

SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1

Great idea, for a pic, and an exceptionally hot pic as well!

Hi, new member here, going to Key West in July. I think we have a handle on the clothing optional options, my question is more along the lines of general attire. I understand casual is acceptable at almost everyplace anytime. I was wondering more about night for bar hopping, etc... This time of year, is more risque, see through clothing ok? My wife will wear less and show more on vacation so what can we get away with? Thanks, Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rkd2013 View Post

Attachment 7432

The place was fun

k&r
    K&R,

Excellent trip report and even better picture! Thanks. We've been thinking about Key West for a long weekend mini-vacation and wondering what our options were. Your report helps! Thanks

We like the Pilot House and Key West so much we going back for the full week next year.

We can't wait to get back there also. Always a fun time. Great pic K&R!! Thinking I might need to waterproof my camera now...lol

We love the Pilot House too! We "enjoyed" the hot tub even in mid afternoon...if you pay attention you can see anyone else that may be coming into the tub. I saw feet under the gazebo wall once and had my wife hop off of me before the other couple could make it to the entrance...great fun. The staff leaves at about 6 each afternoon and that really frees things up at the pool as well. Of course a lot always depends on the crowd but we plan to keep going back to Pilot House!

Well we are booked for one last time at the Pilot House. They are closing for renovation in November, so we are going down in October to celebrate my birthday, and hang out naked foe a few days. Sadly when they re-open I don't think they will be clothing optional anymore, so no need for a trip report I guess. I will miss the place, we have only been there 3 times, but really enjoyed it. We need to find a new "naked" place to retreat to.

Wow so Pilot house won't be c/o anymore after November?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast