Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Augustus needs work gloves

If we all love him so much, perhaps we should kill this thread so he doesnt get fired!
    If you bring him something, its a gift, a "thank you'" if he sells it, just consider it a conversion to cash "thank you!"

April 16, 2013.........6 pairs double lined work gloves, one DVD player, two boxes rice crispy treats....
    And he needs gloves already??? LOL..that's funny..........
    When you get back from Hedo, reality just slaps you in the forhead............we miss Hedo 2

March 16th....

Quote Originally Posted by twomech View Post
    April 16, 2013.........6 pairs double lined work gloves, one DVD player, two boxes rice crispy treats....
    And he needs gloves already??? LOL..that's funny..........
    When you get back from Hedo, reality just slaps you in the forhead............we miss Hedo 2

Took him a really good pair the last week of April. He asked if there was anything in them and I said no. Then he proceeded to stand there and wait until "something" was put in them. I for one will not be taking him anything anymore. Just saying......
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Methinks he has a late night road side stand selling gloves and electronics, lol.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Me thinks you are right, lol. I am all for helping someone, but not someone who takes advantage....and the resort probably provides him with his gloves anyway, that's why he has ones with holes in them all the time.

That was "ballsy" of him. We even stopped bringing him Rice Krispie Treats (which we would slide a little something under the cover). Once he kept pestering us for laptops and DVD players, we stopped everything. Jon does read this forum so..................

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    Took him a really good pair the last week of April. He asked if there was anything in them and I said no. Then he proceeded to stand there and wait until "something" was put in them. I for one will not be taking him anything anymore. Just saying......
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Quote Originally Posted by HedoJoe View Post
    Jon does read this forum so..................
    Yep that's why I am saying "something" lol

my point of view:
    I have been to hedo twice and during the day I love to stay in the sun and float in the caribbean sea, so I can see Augustus work hard for us all day long. I also bring him a drink from tim to time. why shouldn't I do it? I mean, I am on vacation, I have time. on the other hand I always have a impeccable beach when he is on duty, he brings me ashtays and bags when it were to rain. it's a pleasure to watch him working and also, maybe even more entertaining when he makes his jokes with us guests. his repertoire of jokes is very limited but everytime I hear him yell "sir....sir...sir" I start to grin and I enjoy his short show. sometimes it's hard to understand him because of his jamaican english. as for the reproaches my 2 cents are: you are in jamaica, don't forget we are paying guests because we can afford it. we are there because we love it so much and have the best time of the year, we even call it home. I would not blame him for being jamaican. I believe it is ok if he sells the stuff people bring him, or maybe he gives it to friends or family who need it, for free or for little money. anyway, it's his decision. I think the jamaican world is much different then ours and hedo is a wonderful place but has not much in common with the jamaican reality. next time I will tip him again and he doesn't have to ask for it. and maybe also bring him some gloves he asked for. I myself have asked him what he would need me to bring and he was not shy to ask stuff that wouldn't fit my bag :-)))
    I think I have understood that most jamaicans think all of us are rich and don't realize that we work at home and save as much as possible to afford the vacation in the island of pleasure.
    I would love to read more guest reports about Augustus still hard working and bringing joy to the guests as I have experienced. if he asks for something just tell him that it is not easy to bring all the stuff he wishes. I really hope to see him again next time, he is the one that makes the difference. I think he deserves all he gets without asking. nobody is forced to give him anything.

...we're jamming...

Having been to Hedo a lot more than twice, I totally agree that Agustus works hard. His presence on the nude beach is enjoyed by most and he was missed when he was banished to the prude beach for a year or so. I never minded bringing him down a "LITTLE" something or bringing him breakfast from the dining room or a drink now and them. I enjoy bantering with him and trying to pull of practical jokes on him to get him back for his jokes. I think him ASKING for high end items goes way beyond friendly gestures. When he is asking just about everyone for a piece of electronics that could set someone back the cost of a few extra nights at the resort, it gets to be too much. Some people save up for an entire year to go to Hedo for one week. Can you imagine what it would be like if every employee asked all the guests to bring them expensive items from home. The guests would get fed up with the begging and go elsewhere.

Just my two cents.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

There are a ton of good folks at Hedo that help you out.

The painter saw me painting my own rock and told me to bring it over for some clear --no charge.
    The jacuzzi clearer is the most awesome guy --never asked for anything but helped us out completely.
    The waitress staff hooking me up with real cream for my coffee (in the room).

Agustus rocks --he made sure my lady was happy. Me he had on a boat to Cuba

I think they all try hard -some are just more vocal then others

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

Quote Originally Posted by millionsnmilo View Post
    There are a ton of good folks at Hedo that help you out.

The painter saw me painting my own rock and told me to bring it over for some clear --no charge.
    The jacuzzi clearer is the most awesome guy --never asked for anything but helped us out completely.
    The waitress staff hooking me up with real cream for my coffee (in the room).

Agustus rocks --he made sure my lady was happy. Me he had on a boat to Cuba

I think they all try hard -some are just more vocal then others
    Honey I would put you on a boat to Cuba...
    So do whatever it takes
    'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012
    March 28th-April 6th 2013
    March 27th-April 5th 2014

I dont think anyone is saying they don't like him.
    We love seeing him and glad he is still around, and felt bad about when he was hurt.
    Just observing the glove thing, lol.
    I don't blame him, just trying to do better for himself.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12