Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bumping at hedo 2

Blog Entries

Red face Bumping at hedo 2

I was hoping by now to have all our trip arrangement out of the way. We have booked a trip to Hedo 2 for the 27th April 2014 for a week through a U.K. travel Agent, then intended to then join Switch Hitters we contacted them and its no problem, however Val has been reading trip reports for Halloween and found several couples got bumped, quite a few from what she read, it seems that if large groups are in attendance then there is more likelihood of getting bumped, and of course when we will be there two groups are going to be there, she worries a lot, but then she is more intelligent then me, the questions she is asking if you get dumped at another resort what happens on theme nights, can't just walk out in theme outfits, you would have to wear street cloths then change, is there a place to change then what do you do with your stuff, don't want to be carrying a bag around all evening, plus if you stay till say 3am and the Hotel you have been dumped in is to far and have to get a Taxi, what if you can't get one at that time, stumbling around in the dark at that time isn't a good idea, problem is being bumped would upset her so much because it would be inconvenient, can't just pop back to your room if you forget something, Val would just want to go home, problem also would be she would never trust the resort again so no more trips, and we loved it last time, and have so been looking forward to it, but once she gets to worry that's it, she wants to put the trip back when no groups will be there, only I don't because my birthday is on the 29th April and that was the whole point in going then, are you more secure with getting rooms with a group, I have to ask, any words of comfort out there, I wasn't worried before but it can be infectious worry that is

Glenn, (Val has gone to bed)

We won't be there same time as you, but I'd offer you our room to change and get ready... So I'm sure if you just meet folks and make friends, tell them your situation and you may get plenty of offers to help make your trip fun and easy.
    Mitch & Melisa

Wow, it's people like you Mitch and Melisa that make Hedo such a great vacation. We're booked for Jan 25th 2014, it would totally bum us out if we got bumped. I would hope there would be some kind of restitution for anyone who got bumped because over booking should never happen.

We went with the switch hitters last year and I think the resort was about 75% full. I don't think you will have a problem with a room. Don't change your dates, they are a fun group and some of the best people you will meet.
    1ST TRIP APRIL 27TH MAY 1ST 2013
    2ND TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 12TH TO APR 18TH 2014
    3RD TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APR 10TH TO APR 17TH 2015.
    4TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 8TH TO 15TH 2016
    5TH TRIP WITH KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 17TH TO 22ND 2017
    6TH TRIP KITTEN&ANGEL'S SPRING FLING APRIL 6th to 14th 2018
    7TH TRIP MAY 4TH TO MAY 11TH WITH TANTRIC HEARTS.
    8TH TRIP November 6th to 14th
    9TH TRIP APRIL 30TH TO MAY 8TH

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Hi Glenn,even if you get bumped for a night,there will be a room available later surely.Theme wear should not be an issue as I personally know a lady who cabbed over from hedo in Naughty Schoolgirl outfit which was covered by one of those black Victoria's secret beach dresses with the snaps.Works great for a quick change!

Hi Glenn.
    Please tell your Mrs not to worry mate. My wife and I have been about 10 times now, often visiting when there are very large groups from America present. We never book with one of their groups,...always booking with travel agents here at home.
    We have never been shipped to another resort, even when Hedo has been chocka.
    Tell the wife not to worry mate, just enjoy the build up to your holiday, you will both be fine.
    All the best.

Blog Entries
    Whoa, slow down, don't worry. Likelihood of getting bumped that week is slim, I've been going third week of April for seven years now. The tourist season in Jamaica runs Dec. 15th to April 15. Hedo is a little different as it stays busy year around, but not that busy in late April. Halloween, anniversary week, New Year's, January, you can expect it to be full, but late April you should be fine. Couple of years ago we had three big groups and a couple of people got bumped. Most of these three groups were accustomed to having the place to themselves (or mostly to themselves) in past years and eventually the other groups changed their dates back to their original spots before and after us. No one has been been bumped since.

If you do get bumped, most likely you'd be right across the street at the property that used to be part of SuperClubs. I understand they are using different resorts as well, but I would think that they'd usually try to get you to Grand Lido. It's really not to much further than the last set of rooms at Hedo. A few minute walk and very safe at anytime. It might not be so bad to be "dumped" across the street for a day or two anyway, nicer room, much better food, LOL and all Hedo amenities available.

Get hooked up with the group before you go, that will help as well as groups do have some influence.

Cheers

Cabs are generally available anytime of day or night in Negril
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

No worries. Last year was fine - we were about 70-80% capacity, the year before we have 2 nights of our group week that were at 100% capacity and a couple of people did get bumped. I always find out right before we go how full resort is going to be and then take it from there No worries Mon
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    No worries. Last year was fine - we were about 70-80% capacity, the year before we have 2 nights of our group week that were at 100% capacity and a couple of people did get bumped. I always find out right before we go how full resort is going to be and then take it from there No worries Mon
    Thanks everyone for your kind and reassuring replies Val has read them and feels happier (thank god) mac_r_a we have sent a P.M. to you and yes we intend to join switch-hitters, so looking forward to meeting you in person. Thanks again to all those you sent reassuring replies

Glenn & Val

Glen and Val,

All good advice from everyone! I know it is hard not to worry, but relax, it will all be okay. No sense in worrying about something that will likely never happen.

As others said, that isn't always a super busy time to start. If you did get bumped it would likely be across the street to Lido...so you can wear your clothes, and you can always bring clothes over to keep in a friends room. Seriously, it is not something that happens often.

Try not worry! It's all good!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlizvt View Post
    Glen and Val,

All good advice from everyone! I know it is hard not to worry, but relax, it will all be okay. No sense in worrying about something that will likely never happen.

As others said, that isn't always a super busy time to start. If you did get bumped it would likely be across the street to Lido...so you can wear your clothes, and you can always bring clothes over to keep in a friends room. Seriously, it is not something that happens often.

Liz
    Your right it is hard not to worry, but if it did happen the thing that would bother Val is that the resort should know the problems and it should be up to them to provide a place to change if it was required not to have to rely on the kindness of other guests to offer there rooms to change for theme nights, I suppose Val and her worries just show that woman tend to see problem's that us guys don't, that most woman are more intelligent then than most guys, (did I really say that)

Glenn & the lovable Val

I hear you Glenn, the resort SHOULD know....but that is Hedo for you!!
    Liz & Chris

Blog Entries
    Actually if necessary I'm sure they'd provide room for you to change either at the spa or there are both lady's and men's locker rooms right off the gym you could use, but as we are all saying IT'S ALL GOOD, NO WORRIES MON!!

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Blog Entries
    Thanks one and all for the encouragement but I'm not that worried but Val does tend to, and I'm just trying to reassure her, but again thanks.

Glenn & (my sexy) Val

Austin TX, just south of St. louis and slightly north of Negril

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlizvt View Post
    Glen and Val,

Liz
    Liz is pretty spot on with her comments. Gary and I were bumped over Halloween/Anniversary for 3 nights. This was our 30th trip and only really the 3rd, maybe 4th time that I remember folks being bumped. We were put over at Grand Lido, a shorter walk than I had thought. I didn't have any issues wearing whatever I wanted when going back to Hedo at night time, not many folks out walking about at Lido so there wasn't an issue for me. We were also fortunate that many of our normal November friends were not in house so it was a laid back time for us. Bumping doesn't happen an outrageous amount so hopefully Val can relax. We were happy that we ended up with 4 free nights from taking them bump and it was very minimal inconvenience.

Relax, Go and Enjoy!
    Lora
    GARY N LORA

BOSOM BUDDIES
    Feb 20 - Mar 1, 2014
    Nov 1-8, 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast