Thread: Hedonism II- March 15-24, 2013 with the Amigos

Hedonism II- March 15-24, 2013 with the Amigos

Hedonism II- March 15-24, 2013

Another Hedo Amigo trip is in the books, and it was another great one. We arrived on a Friday midday this year, to give us a day or so to unwind before the high gear partying began. There were already a few Amigos on property who gave us a great welcome, as did “concierge” Serena, who we have known since she was a bartender at Hedo III and greeted me with, “Laura, you’re disappearing!”- a great payoff to nearly one year’s worth of Weight Watchers and my 60 lb. weight loss. Over the week, all my Amigos were just so complimentary and supportive, thank you all for the encouragement!

I won’t do the day-by-day thing, there was just too much, I’ll just hit some highlights. Bruce and I, even after our 12 or so Hedonism trips, still love to play the poolside games, and this year it was really great that, for the first time in several years, the “scheduled” EC games actually happened, and happened on time or very close to on time. Bruce jumped right in and won a poolside contest one of the first days, with the help of a sexy Amigo lady who was a great sport when he pulled her out of the pool to help, and lots of licking of rum crème followed….

In addition, we noticed that, again for the first time in years, the evening after-dinner shows all started on time or very close to on time, starting with the costume contests which moved along at a good clip with much less time spent trying to get the crowd to yell repeatedly.

Since we were at Hedo just a few weeks after the transition to new management, I am hopeful that the positive changes mentioned in the two paragraphs above, which we noticed consistently during our 9 day trip, were deliberate and will continue! In general, the staff seemed upbeat and positive, and we noticed other little things that we had not seen before, like beach chairs being systematically hauled down to the watersports area for cleaning and scrubbing, unusually quick food preparation at the nude grill, etc.

Another HUGE highlight for us was the piano bar, which had a new player named Kemar (he told us he was starting his 4th week). He really seemed to “get it”- charming, personable, kept the songs and perverted lyrics coming, encouraged and invited folks to dance on the piano (but did NOT bully anyone into it), started each evening promptly at 10:30 p.m. and did not seem to have a set ending time, just went with the flow. Eldon told us on our first evening there, “You’re gonna like the new piano player” and he was absolutely right. There’s been quite a turnover of piano players at Hedo recently, sure hope Kemar stays.

This was also the first time in all our trips that we took a full day tour off property with a company called Juju Tours. A young Jamaican, Garth, picked us up promptly at 9 a.m. and we spent a full day (together with another couple) going to Appleton Estate, Pelican Bar, and lots of little stops along the way. I wrote a whole trip report for Tripadvisor about our day out with Garth, so won’t go on and on here, but all I can say is- this was STUPENDOUS and I HIGHLY recommend JuJu Tours.

Of course, the best part of an Amigo trip to Hedo is all the old and new friends. We hardly ever ate a meal alone, you can’t go anywhere on the property without chatting with Amigos, and no one parties like the Amigos! The Monday pool party and Magic Mike contest were hilarious, Wednesday night disco under the stars around the pool (thank you, Wild Women Vacations, our Amigo travel agent, for bringing Sandman to be D.J.), the incomparable Friday Blow Out Party which just cannot be described, etc. etc. We also were honored to win the 1st ever Hedo Amigo Door Decorating contest, despite some great competing doors-we went the nostalgia route with photos of our 2005 Hedo wedding and many of the Amigo trips since then.

Already booked for Amigo 2014, ha!

Thanks for the great report. It is always good to read about the positive changes taking place at this early stage of the changeover.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Always glad to hear someone really enjoyed their vacation.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Nice to hear things are improving...thanks for the report
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Thank you for the report.
    Hedo 3 Nov 2009
    Hedo 2 Nov 2010
    Hedo 2 Nov 2011
    Hedo 2 Nov 2012
    Hedo 2 Nov 2013
    Hedo 2 Nov 2014
    Temptation Jan 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2017

Another great week in the books! Glad you two had such a good time and yes you looked great! If I would have known the beer chugging competition would have ended like that I would have joined in...much different than when we did it in October and I ended up wearing a bikini. I am sure B had a lot of fun doing that one!! Congrats on the decorated door win...it was down to you guys and one other but the right one won!!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Registered User cnjcpl4whatever's Avatar
    Thanks for the report with 19 days to go it helps with the DIF, one question are there alot of new EC's ? We know about 50 and sorry to see him go is Hennessey still there? Thanks
    RESPECT EVERYTIME
    ALL THE TIME,
    JOHN & TERRY
    April 17th to 29rd 2023 Trip 18

Quote Originally Posted by cnjcpl4whatever View Post
    Thanks for the report with 19 days to go it helps with the DIF, one question are there alot of new EC's ? We know about 50 and sorry to see him go is Hennessey still there? Thanks
    Winston and Hennessey are still there. It had been a full year since we'd been to Hedo (TOO LONG, ha!) and I didn't recognize any of the other ECs.

Laura

Thank you for the trip report and adding the info in about JuJu tours. We were thinking about trying to find an enjoyable tour that includes the Appleton factory to take with some friends, will definitely check that out

~Brent & Nat
    Coming back to paradise for our 7th visit
    H2 2018 6/11-6/28

http://www.adulttravelforum.com/forums/image.php?u=13923&type=sigpic&dateline=1405126528

Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by bumpngrind View Post
    Thank you for the trip report and adding the info in about JuJu tours. We were thinking about trying to find an enjoyable tour that includes the Appleton factory to take with some friends, will definitely check that out

~Brent & Nat
    Brent , we need to talk about the Appleton tour and the Pelican Bar. Bruce and Laura had some great things to say about it !
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Here is a short trip report I wrote about for Tripadvisor about our day out with JuJu Tours, and I tried to attach some photos (not too sure I did that right!):

Attachment 6416Attachment 6415Attachment 6414Attachment 6413Attachment 6412We did a full-day tour which included Appleton Rum Estate and the Pelican Bar. We were picked up promptly at 9 a.m. by Garth, our Jamaican tour guide, who drove and accompanied us all day 'til we returned to our resort at about 8 p.m. Garth was a gem; personable, talkative, and took great care of us and the other couple who went on the tour. Besides our two planned destinations, Garth stopped and bought some raw sugar cane for us to sample, stopped at a roadside stand where we had parrot fish and bammy bread for lunch, stopped so we could sample some local crawfish, etc. etc. While driving, it was very interesting to talk with this young, intelligent Jamaican man on all sorts of topics. He really made the day special.

Both destinations were fun- Appleton was interesting and informative (and if you drink all the rum punch and various types of rum they keep offering you, it's quite an inebriating experience as well!) and the Pelican Bar was just spectacular (a driftwood hut several miles offshore, accessible only by boat, where you can swim, drink, and eat the "catch of the day" prepared over an open fire).

And on top of it all, a couple of days after returning home, we received an e-mail with a ton of photos Garth took of us and our various stops throughout the day.

The car was also stocked with cold water, beer, and rum punch, and on our way back to the resort from our last stop, we and the other couple on the tour drank several toasts to a wonderful day in Jamaica.

All in all, I HIGHLY recommend JuJu Tours- they were top notch, start to finish.

Laura

Registered User cnjcpl4whatever's Avatar
    Thanks Laura
    Quote Originally Posted by lauraff7 View Post
    Winston and Hennessey are still there. It had been a full year since we'd been to Hedo (TOO LONG, ha!) and I didn't recognize any of the other ECs.

Laura
    RESPECT EVERYTIME
    ALL THE TIME,
    JOHN & TERRY
    April 17th to 29rd 2023 Trip 18

Fantastic report! Can't wait to there later this week!