Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick, How bad are you feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by DelCouple View Post
    We both are feeling fine. Must be because like Millions, Mrs C didn't have any dirty things in her mouth (or anywhere else). We really didn't have much "close" contact with anyone to catch a bug. Maybe it was in the rum. LOL (I'm not a rum drinker)

Hope you all get better soon
    B
    Did she at least have yours in her mouth? lol
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    Did she at least have yours in her mouth? lol
    Hell Yea.... First time in puplic was at the Amigos blow out party the day we arrived.
    March 22-30 2013 Was our first trip of many to come. We had a blast with everyone, and I can see each trip getting better, and better.

March 28th 2014 plans to be an even better trip then 2013!!

March 27th 2015 hope to meet many old friends and make even more new friends

March 24th to April 2nd. Runaway Repeaters & Swing Into Spring

March 25th to April 3rd 2017. Going with the great people in SWING INTO SPRING aganin!

"Disclaimer - that is not us in the avatar picture"

Quote Originally Posted by DelCouple View Post
    Hell Yea.... First time in puplic was at the Amigos blow out party the day we arrived.
    Awesome way to break yourselves in
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Yes it sure was! The Amigos are one great group. Just wish the rest of our week was as good as that Friday.. But we have next year to make up for things..
    March 22-30 2013 Was our first trip of many to come. We had a blast with everyone, and I can see each trip getting better, and better.

March 25th to April 3rd 2017. Going with the great people in SWING INTO SPRING aganin!

I have been wanting to ask if anyone else had been sick but was hesitant to bring it up on this board for fear it would cause people to rethink their vacation plans. As it is now out in the open here is a quote from Owcangrace's Jan 26-Feb 2nd trip report. "Bad - There was a bug going around or food poisoning occurred as many people experienced vomiting and diarrhea and the nurses station stayed busy. We feel it could probably happen anywhere but it happened so it can’t be a plus. We lost 2 days between us to the issue as did a LOT of couples.

I was there Feb 3-10 Sunday through Sunday. First off don't try to tell me that we drank too much or had too much sun. We spend our entire lives drinking too much and when the season allows, having too much sun. Anyway on Tuesday night my wife started to not feel herself. I encouraged her to not worry about it. We had reservations at the Japanese restaurant and we went down to the main lobby early for mre a drink and her a ginger ale. About 10 minutes later she had to go back to the room becuase she felt weak. I went back and cancelled our reservation and got her a plate of assorted food and when i got back she told me she had vomited 5 times. The rest of the evening she was somewhat better and my morning she was functional.

On Friday, lobster night about 4 o'clock I started to feel nauseous. Since I never feel this way, I mean never, (if I puke once every 4 years its a big deal) I immediately knew I had what she had. I thought I can probably fight the urge to puke and manage to make a night of it. Well, we get to the main lobby and the smell of the lobster immediately makes me want fresh air. I didn't want to ruin her night so she and some friends went ahead and ate while I sat outside on one of the beds sipping ginger ale. I started to get the urge to puke so I camped out behind the bathroom on the tennis court bleachers. Why didn't i go back to my room you ask? Because we were moved to breezes because of overbooking due to the snowstrom on the east coast. Anyway after trying to fight it i just went in a puked about 5 or 6 times. I told myself, "well that should do it, I should feel fine now". My wife came and checked on me and i told her, i'll be fine in 15 minutes or so go back and have fun. Well in 20 minutes I was back puking. We then went to the nurses office and she really didn't have any answers. A friend of ours had heard there had been 60 visits to the nurses office with similar complaints in the past weeks. We then went across the road to our room and I had another episode of 5 to 6 times. I thought I 'm going to bed but another 30 minuted later I was heaving my guts out for the last time. I woke up the next morning with extreme acid reflux/heartburn and had to eat tums and prilosec while sitting upright on the edge of the bed groaning. The whole next day was screwed up because my stomach was so raw. I coudln't eat or drink hardly anything. By Sunday morning I was 100% again. From what i could find on my own research it was most likely some form of norovirus.

I must say that we still had a great time and coulnd't have that much fun anywhere else and are looking forward to going back next year. Hopefully with new management any food related issues have already or will be dealt with by then.

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
    Silly girl, its called alcohol withdrawl

Sorry to hear you arent feeling well.
    Congrats to you and T on the anniversary though.

Cheers,
    Well that could be it too....lol
    I wish I feel like crap!
    Thanks I will tell him.
    Have a great time on your trip!!
    So do whatever it takes
    'Cause you can't rewind a moment in this life

H3
    April 27-May 4 2008
    April 24-May 2 2009
    April 23-May 1 2010
    _ R.I.P. H3 _

H2
    April 1st-10 2011
    March 30-April 7 2012
    March 28th-April 6th 2013
    March 27th-April 5th 2014

We were there the second lifestyle week and the mrs. got pretty sick too. Sore throat, coughing, sinus pain, and just general blah!!!

Lasted a good 3 days.

Cheers,
    S and C
    The Chemist and the Flyer

... adding the human touch.

Quote Originally Posted by bibabe View Post
    Have a great time on your trip!!
    I wish.
    Cant find the time this April...

Cheers,
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Blog Entries
    we never had a problem in Jan. sorry to here that alot of you are sick... we are heading back in jan 2014 and looking forward to it.... we hope that everyone is feeling better soon....

I hate to ask the question but did anyone who got sick get a flu shot this year? Lots of times these sorts of "bugs" start on the airplane on the way down and then take a few days to actually manifest themselves and spread to others. Our experience has usually been that those with the flu shot in their system usually get passed over by these bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by millionsnmilo View Post
    Fun ..not sure where it came from. I must admit I didn't use a lot of hand or penis sanitizer. Not to worry I didn't feel like crap till I got home, maybe that is just the DIF starting to take over.

Have a great trip -- wish we would see you there.
    Shoot I almost got to meet phillygirl at a flyers game but she was with work peeps and I was with my daughter. Would of been shocking for both.
    Shocking? For your daughter, maybe! A few of my work friends know

Just so odd to see "phillygirl at a flyers game!!!" I"m a football girl through and through!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Bill View Post
    I hate to ask the question but did anyone who got sick get a flu shot this year? Lots of times these sorts of "bugs" start on the airplane on the way down and then take a few days to actually manifest themselves and spread to others. Our experience has usually been that those with the flu shot in their system usually get passed over by these bugs.
    Yup had the flu shot -- Millions said she has only seen me this sick 2x in the 25 years we have been together. Been home since March 30 and I'm still sweating at night, w/ no energy. 2 hour nap today -can't remember last time I did that. This shit needs to pass.

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

Yup had the flu shot -- Millions said she has only seen me this sick 2x in the 25 years we have been together. Been home since March 30 and I'm still sweating at night, w/ no energy. 2 hour nap today -can't remember last time I did that. This shit needs to pass.
    Really sorry to hear your so sick bro. Like I said we had no "close" contact with others. I'm getting a gut feeling that is way we feel fine.. Good for one point bad for another.

I felt fine after my Amigo trip. Sometimes I have gotten the " crud " but not this trip. I do tend to lose my voice usually halfway thru the trip sometimes.
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Guess she didn't put enough dirty things in her mouth ;-)
    What does that say about me?
    I think it says a Flyers fan? Sorry, wrong thread.

Hate to say it here, but we felt fine when we got back, just some major DIF setting in already.
    Last edited by mnwild; 04-09-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Hedo II: March 12-18, 2010
    Hedo II: March 20-26, 2011
    Hedo II: March 17-24, 2012
    Hedo II: March 23-30, 2013

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast