Thread: Question about Hedo's recent alcohol availability from recent visitors

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question Question about Hedo's recent alcohol availability from recent visitors

I am curious about Hedo's alcohol supply and availability to answer questions to my group members for our annual June Group Trip and thought any recent visitors would be the best source for answers

Specifically:

Have they re-introduced champagne or sparkling wine at one or more of the bars?

Is Jack Daniel's or the house tequila readily available?

Is Red Stripe Light beer available at any/all bars?

And finally, with the sale of Appleton Estate rum in 2012, is it still the house rum or some other brand?

Thank you in advance and safe travels to all.

Ann, TS

Quote Originally Posted by The Travel Slut View Post
    I am curious about Hedo's alcohol supply and availability to answer questions to my group members for our annual June Group Trip and thought any recent visitors would be the best source for answers

Specifically:

Have they re-introduced champagne or sparkling wine at one or more of the bars?

Is Jack Daniel's or the house tequila readily available?

And finally, with the sale of Appleton Estate rum in 2012, is it still the house rum or some other brand?

Thank you in advance and safe travels to all.

Ann, TS
    As of two weeks ago they did have Champagne. They had Jack Daniels and Jim Beam and Jose Cuervo. Regardless of what the taps say I do not think they have ever had Red Stripe Light and I specifically asked this trip. They had Appletons White and Special and most of the week they had VX. They also had Jagermeister which I have never seen at the bars. Overall the stocking of the bars was much better than it was when I was there last October....even though we tried to drink them dry!!!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Blog Entries
    Thank you very much for the update....and a very positive one at that. I'll be happy to report back on it and would not expect any less for our June trip.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Face Down View Post
    As of two weeks ago they did have Champagne. They had Jack Daniels and Jim Beam and Jose Cuervo. Regardless of what the taps say I do not think they have ever had Red Stripe Light and I specifically asked this trip. They had Appletons White and Special and most of the week they had VX. They also had Jagermeister which I have never seen at the bars. Overall the stocking of the bars was much better than it was when I was there last October....even though we tried to drink them dry!!!

It's a sad this (and other) subjects have to be breached when discussing all-inclusive. Hope they get the supply problems all ironed out.
    Promises may get friends but
    'tis performance that keeps them

Ann, TS
    No Red Stripe lite that I saw last week. We just had them fill our 52oz bubba keg with red stripe and ice. Used it as a pitcher with the small cups from the bar. We made our own ice cold lite beer.

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback..it is much appreciated by both me and the Krewe.

We had several issues last June and had been told that shortages and limits would never be a problem again and it appears that is the case and everything is back to normal.

This should reassure everyone and anyone headed to Hedo.....

Thanks again.

We had all the aforementioned avaiable in March, but I am not sure about Red Stripe light, because I never ordered it. They even delivered a bottle of Champagne to our room, for my Birthday.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the followup update. That is such great news and confirms that all is well @ Hedo. The red stripe light was just for one our krewe members who has since said it was not a big deal and they will enjoy whatever beer is there and do vodka-cranberry the other times.

And belated Happy Birthday wishes to you!

Can't answer specifically to the brands you mentioned, however.......we brought our own 32oz tumblers and they were cheerfully kept filled whenever we asked. It was our first trip so we had no basis for comparison, but we were very pleased with the drink service and the food.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the update. I personally have never had an issue with quantities but last summer was the first time I saw them "run out" for a long time any sparkling wine, Jack Daniels and assorted other items and I just wanted to reassure my group that those issues are a thing of the past. Thank you again and glad you had a good trip! :-)

Thanks for the update. I personally have never had an issue with quantities but last summer was the first time I saw them "run out" for a long time any sparkling wine, Jack Daniels and assorted other items and I just wanted to reassure my group that those issues are a thing of the past. Thank you again and glad you had a good trip! :-)
    I agree Ann, it was tough last June... but the last couple trips reassured me it will be better !
    " Ken "

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Blog Entries
    Thank you "Ken".....and I expect you to "buy" me my 1st drink (champagne of course) on my arrival :-)

Got in last night and never heard anyone say they were out of anything all week.
    Extra bar tenders in the nude pool bar during the day, even with several groups in house, never a long wait.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Blog Entries
    THAT is exactly what we all wanted to hear and we all appreciate your feedback and mini-report....

I'm more excited than ever! 67 days to go....

Thank you again.