Thread: Hello from Africa..

Hello from Africa..

Hello everyone. I am a 37yrold single girl.

I have been reading the forum for a few days now and am seriously tempted to visit H2 in 2013 or 2014. The vibe of most posts that i have read seems quite positive, open and fun. The numerous reminders of respect to others are trully appreciated by a single girl.

Relatively nervous on racial basis (I am black), status (single) and expectations (mine). Would love to hear from all hedo lovers and especially any single ladies and all your (I am sure will be) wise words of guidance.. What is the best time for a single woman to visit? (currently open to play with other singles, only if available and willing. This is not main expectation). I note the emphasis on sobriety and appreciate this as well. Which of the groups cater to or are most "friendly" to a single hetero girl?

And any other pertinent advice pointers for a solo vacationer at Hedo, please feel free. The FUN or SUCCESS Hedo vacation stories from solo girls are highly encouraged

Asante
    Zambia (lacked inspiration when creating site name.... Possibly need to have quiet words with administrator - insert wink smiley here)

Hello Asante,
    Welcome to the forum.
    Glad to see that you can feel the resort vibe through the forum.

You mention racial bias... being brutally honest if people didnt know you it could be easy to perceived as a local prostitute due to location and your skin colour. That would be easily be avoided because you are there during the day and not just the night.

As a fellow single I would recommend joining a group ahead of time. Most get together ahead of time online allowing everyone to get to know each other. Im sure Philly Girl will pipe in with her thoughts as a single Hedo girl.

Your expectations are not out of line at all.
    I think you will have a great time if you do decide to go.

Cheers,
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

ScubaSteve,

Thank you for the honest answer. I guessed same as well but wanted to reconfirm this with veterans. And yes, the resort vibe comes across loud and clear. Very nice.

I am looking forward to Philly Girl's words of wisdom... In meantime, which of the groups would you recommend, if you had to? I am sure all are awesome, but any pointers will help..

Wishing you a great week,
    Asante
    Zambia

hi asante welcome to forum

Asante,
    I think you would have a great time.
    The friends you make during the day will carry into the night. Not that you cant make night time friends too.

Personally I have had the pleasure of travelling with a few different groups over the years, those groups and the others I have not joined are all great. I dont know of any groups that cater just to singles though there have been a few conversations about starting one. Most groups accept singles and I might venture to say that almost all would accept a single female.
    Its difficult for me to make a recommendation to you for a group. Maybe start with what time or times of year work best for you, refer to the trip calendar LOCATED HERE and see who is going when. Check them out and see if they sound like the group for you.
    From what you have written above, you are not a swinger so January might not be the best time, summer is cheaper, winter is usually clsoer to full capacity or over booked...

As for other advice,
    -Dont drink more than you can handle,
    -Dont over do it on the first day,
    -Dont worry, I can almost guarantee you will have a great vacation.
    -Do... book a trip and have a great time!

If you are even a half-ways decent person (inside/personality) others will pick up on that, look out for you, ask you to join them for dinners and such.

Cheers,
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.