Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piano bar update

Piano bar update

Got home late last night from Hedo- still recovering, but a quick note. I can tell you that there is a new young Jamaican in the piano bar (been there less than a month) named Kamar (I am not sure about spelling- but pronounced Ku-MAR). In my opinion, TOP NOTCH! He keeps the music going nonstop, knows all the songs (and even the page numbers off the top of his head), takes requests, encourages Hedo lyrics and came up with some new ones I didn't know, encourages but does NOT bully folks to dance on the piano, to sing with the microphone, etc. etc. Has great people skills. He told us he has been doing piano bar-type stuff for 12 years in various hotels and loves his job, and you can tell. One night the place was packed and, honestly, everyone was singing and dancing, even the folks up in the bar area, the place just rocked. And of course Eldon was great, and our very first night Eldon told us, "You're going to REALLY like the new piano man!" and he was right.

Oh, and most nights we were there, Kamar was in the main dining room in the evening, then came over to the piano bar around 10 p.m. and socialized, and started singing and playing pretty promptly at 10:30 p.m., and did not seem to have a set cutoff time.

Am going to try to attach a photo, but not sure if I'll figure out how!

LauraPiano Bar (3-16-13).jpg

Awesome, last September the piano bar was boring. I'm anxious to check this out for myself in a little more than 4 weeks!!

Cool, looking forward to seeing him... ooh, in 4 days time!

Awesome, I have never been a fan of the piano bar but we are gonna give it a honest try this year. Looking forward to it in 4 weeks
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Good to hear, we didn't enjoy the piano bar last november.
    Hedo 3 Nov 2009
    Hedo 2 Nov 2010
    Hedo 2 Nov 2011
    Hedo 2 Nov 2012
    Hedo 2 Nov 2013
    Hedo 2 Nov 2014
    Temptation Jan 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2017

Again I know I was in the minority on the forums about Dion, but the new guy sounds exactly like what it should be in the piano bar.
    One question, is he playing a digital keyboard or actually playing the piano?
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

I'm really interested in going to the piano bar when we go back, the last few times were a joke....had one drink and were on our merry way...

Blog Entries
    I love hanging around outside the piano bar after dinner, chatting with who ever stumbles by. This year I might actually stay up and go inside when the music starts.

First night last year I walked in, Eldon greeted me warmly by name and handed me my favorite drink, now that was amazing. Smart and personable. The piano bar promises to be a good venue now with a great bartender and a good show.

I agree with cop, I thought that Dion was a bit of a bully and I didn't think it was fair to really lean on people like that no matter how freaking funny it was.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Again I know I was in the minority on the forums about Dion, but the new guy sounds exactly like what it should be in the piano bar.
    One question, is he playing a digital keyboard or actually playing the piano?
    Cop..
    He plays an electronic double keyboard. A difference from Dion though- his "set up" time is less than 5 minutes, mainly to plug in the mikes, and he honestly starts on time. He apologized one night that he started at 10:35!! One night last week there were no microphones- seems the ECs took them somewhere during the day- so Kamar just proceeded without any. It was kind of refreshing; it was the night of a big outdoor disco under the stars, so there were less piano bar folks than normal, and the lack of microphones didn't have any negative effect. As I said, Kamar is very personable, easy going, and seems to genuinely enjoy just keeping the music going, taking requests, laughing at guests' antics, etc. etc.

We talked to Kamar one night and he said the regular piano is way out of tune. He mentioned that they need to bring in John (the former H3 piano bar guy) to tune it, seems he is the go-to guy for piano tuning!

Laura

Was Eldon in the Bar ?

Is this the end of that infamous (second) Canadian National Anthem: "Why, 'em See, Eh?"

Surely not, but once you've seen a couple of them you've seen them all. "Memories are made of this", but that's another song, like "Magic Moments" etc.

See what DIFF does to those of us locked into the far north. Five days to go.

PNK

We were there in December and left within minutes most nights, just not impressed but when we were there a few weeks ago this new fellow, Kamar was in the house and we actually managed to stay most nights and enjoy. As mentioned above, Eldon is amazing ... he always greets us warmly as well and proceeds to make our favourite drinks ! Awesome customer service.

Kamar was so great - and so were you Bruce - its a hard days night!!!!!!
    Eldon was his usual terrific self.
    We took some friends to the piano bar and they said "why haven't we been here everynight". Kamar is so witty and really gets into it.
    First Trip to Hedo - WWV - Jan 2011 - Virgins No Longer
    Second Trip to Hedo - WWV - Mar 2012
    Third Trip to Hedo - WWV / Hedo Amigos - Mar 15-25, 2013
    Fourth Trip to Hedo booked - WWV/Hedo Amigos - Mar 14 - 24, 2013

Awesome news! Thanks for the update
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 19 - 26, 2014
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 18 - 25, 2015

T11 With The Cocktails Crew!!

We go in 8 days and will keep everyone updated.
    CopNkitten..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast