Thread: Hidden Beach Resort - Recent visitors

Hidden Beach Resort - Recent visitors

We are booked for Hidden 4/7 - 4/19 catching up with some friends that usually pick the same dates. Just finished reading a number of trip reports on another site which painted a pretty unflattering picture. Shortage of lounges, not so good food, cold hot tubs and pool and although the staff tries, declined service. Reading between the lines suggests an arrogant management attitude. Hidden is not our favorite resort since it doesn't have a swimmable beach, but we go because we enjoy friends that we meet up with. Has anyone been there in the last six months? I am pretty bummed if it has declined as few people I have communicated with seem to indicate. Thanks -

Review

Hi there. We were there in January (2nd visit). Some of what you say is true. The pool was a little chilly, they say it was heated - but certainly not warm enough for hanging out at the swim up bar. The hot tubs do need to be turned up.

There were a shortage of loungers by the pool, especially when it was windy on the beach. We usually hung out on the beach anyway, but a couple of days it got really windy. Previously, we would have gone up on the roof top deck which was mostly sheltered. however, they have removed all the furniture up there.

The food during the day was ok (a lot of grilled stuff at lunch time). That said, we ate next door almost every evening, which was much better quality than last time. The Asian, Mexican, Italian and Garden Grill were all excellent. Each of these would do well as a stand alone restaurant here in the States. Loved the food at El Dorado, whoever is running their restaurants has stepped up their game.

We agree with what you have heard... and we're thinking of Pearl next year.

Quote Originally Posted by backstop View Post
    We are booked for Hidden 4/7 - 4/19 catching up with some friends that usually pick the same dates. Just finished reading a number of trip reports on another site which painted a pretty unflattering picture. Shortage of lounges, not so good food, cold hot tubs and pool and although the staff tries, declined service. Reading between the lines suggests an arrogant management attitude. Hidden is not our favorite resort since it doesn't have a swimmable beach, but we go because we enjoy friends that we meet up with. Has anyone been there in the last six months? I am pretty bummed if it has declined as few people I have communicated with seem to indicate. Thanks -

How was your stay?

We are booked for Feb 4 to 11

We have been going to C/O for 8 years in Feb. Hope to meet new friends as this is our first at Hidden Beach
    R & G

We were there in Dec and LOVED it.. It was our 5th trip and cant wait to get back home to HBR. The pool has a heater but with the cool nights its tought to keep it warm.. The staff is great with some new additons to the staff... I know Jesus is on the dark side and wants to get back to HBR... Alex cant wait to see you again as well as Esparanza.... I know Miguel has taken over the managemnet of HBR and is working toward getting it perfect again. We are exotic Travel Memebers so if anyone is into going to HBR again and wants 50% off the price look us up and we can set it up... Anyone wanna ask any private questions please feel free to send a message.

Thanks Rob and Maria