Thread: Family Resorts in the South

Family Resorts in the South

I know this is the adult travel forum - but having said that - a lot of us have young families. I have seen some recent posts about traveling with kids. We are thinking of taking the kids down south just after Christmas. We are not finding much. Would prefer Jamaica, but would consider Cuba or Punta Cana. can anyone recommend family type resorts in these place? Is the old Hedo III even still open as a family resort, can't seem to find it, can't say I would take the kids there after all we did there, lol, but I was curious.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Don't know about kids, but my friend and her b/f recently found themselves at the "old Hedo."
    They requested to be moved out of the resort within hours.
    Ironically, the only good thing she said about it? "The food was good!"
    lol

Yes, we found a very nice place last fall. Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe Premium Hotel in the DR. We were at "the Beach", the adult only part of the very large and very family resort. Lots of great beach, lots of fun water parks for all ages. Check out the web site and pay the slight extra to get the Deluxe package so you have all of the resort to eat at. They do have a few adult only places, enclosed bars, disco and gambling as well as the Beach area on one end where we stayed.

Mac,

It depends on what you are looking for. Here's a list that you can research:

Beaches Boscobel & Negril (even though it's a Sandals resort.. )
    Jakes in Treasure Beach (very rustic, but lovely & sports oriented)
    Sunset Beach in Montego Bay
    DeCameron in Montego Bay, Runaway Bay (I think this is the Old H3)
    RIU Negril, Montego Bay, Ocho Rios
    Iberostar in Montego Bay (rave reviews from all who stay there)
    Hilton Rose Hall (has it's own water park and seconds away from great golfing)

Hope this helps!!

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    I know this is the adult travel forum - but having said that - a lot of us have young families. I have seen some recent posts about traveling with kids. We are thinking of taking the kids down south just after Christmas. We are not finding much. Would prefer Jamaica, but would consider Cuba or Punta Cana. can anyone recommend family type resorts in these place? Is the old Hedo III even still open as a family resort, can't seem to find it, can't say I would take the kids there after all we did there, lol, but I was curious.

Looking now at resorts in Cuba or DR only. Has anyone stayed at one with two adjoining rooms? This would be our first trip and we have 3 kids, 14, 9 & 4 so they could stay in adjoining room. SO much more difficult to find a resort that is family friendly!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HedoIIIlover View Post
    Yes, we found a very nice place last fall. Barceló Bávaro Palace Deluxe Premium Hotel in the DR. We were at "the Beach", the adult only part of the very large and very family resort. Lots of great beach, lots of fun water parks for all ages. Check out the web site and pay the slight extra to get the Deluxe package so you have all of the resort to eat at. They do have a few adult only places, enclosed bars, disco and gambling as well as the Beach area on one end where we stayed.
    And the adult-only parts - dare I ask, are they swinging-oriented? If so, could be a pretty good balance between family and adult fun.

Are you just looking for general Caribbean family resort advice? Or advice on how to combine family fun with swinging?

Can't help for either - but would love advice on the latter. What I think would suit us best is a family friendly hotel in a nice town with a swinging club. Any suggestions?

by the way I'm looking for and want to try something similar