Thread: Airport office

Airport office

Arriving for Thanksgiving week, out of interest does Hedonism 2 have an office at the airport, Lots of offices there we remember checking in to the old Superclub one before moving off. We were wondering if we still had to check in or just make our own way to Negril. Any answers please.
    Lets get nekid with boots on

Hedonism II Nov 2007
    Hedonism II Nov 2008
    Hedonism II Mar 2011
    Hedonism II Nov 22 -Dec 1

Just returned last week, no Airport office to check in at anymore, the transportation companies are set up at desks in the middle of the airport lobby with signs or find a taxi if that is your travel option.
    Hedo II CHERRY popped May 2010
    Hedo II Sept 2010,2011, 2012, 2013,2014, 2015,2016,2017,2018
    Hedo II May 2011, April 2012, 2013, 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018
    July 2-8,2017 won 5 free nights at the Repeaters Party
    NEXT TRIPS HOME!!!
    April 25-May 4, 2019 with Tom's Trips Zoo Krew www.tomstrips.com
    September 5 - 14, 2019 with Tom's Trips Zoo Krew IIwww.tomstrips.com
    Earthangel496 on SLS / Kasidie

Quote Originally Posted by earthangel496 View Post
    Just returned last week, no Airport office to check in at anymore, the transportation companies are set up at desks in the middle of the airport lobby with signs or find a taxi if that is your travel option.
    Thanks for that, we just need to sort the transport out now.

Hedonism II Nov 2007
    Hedonism II Nov 2008
    Hedonism II Mar 2011

Try Rocky's Taxi and Limo service. They won't make you wait on a bus load. Also, if you have 4 people going each way, it is cheaper. We found a couple to ride TO Hedo but they are leaving on a different day. It was going to cost us $10.00 more ($110 instead of $100 for round trip) but we asked if they would match and they did.

Interesting question.
    We found out that transfers are included in our booking of the resort (through our Dutch tour operator), but now we have to find out where at the airfield/to whom we have to hand the transfer tickets in so that we will actually be accepted as already paid for passengers for the trip to Hedo.

Quote Originally Posted by smallandtall View Post
    Interesting question.
    We found out that transfers are included in our booking of the resort (through our Dutch tour operator), but now we have to find out where at the airfield/to whom we have to hand the transfer tickets in so that we will actually be accepted as already paid for passengers for the trip to Hedo.
    Who is your transport with if you know?
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Sorry Paul, that is the big unknown to us as well.
    On the e-ticket we were emailed there are two transfer vouchers with the name of the airport and Hedo and vice versa, but no name of company, person or anything else.
    I already emailed the travel company asking where, at what desk, or to who I should hand in that voucher to get us transported, but no response so far.

Hi. Our experience has been that any of the tour staff (just outside the Customs Hall, will point you in the correct direction. They might even take you by the hand and drag you to your bus. We've had a coupon (like yours) the last couple of trips (we have a similar coupon for next week) and it's always worked out just fine, as there are only a couple of organizations bussing us to Negril. Whoever takes you will get paid. There's not any space to get lost. So, relax and anticipate the ride to Negril.

PNK

Thanks, PNK!

During our previous trips we simply walked into the Superclubs lounge and handed the voucher to the lady there.
    In return we got a couple of Wata's and some time to mentally prepare for the often interesting (like doing 110 km/h in a 30 km/h zone, overtaking around blind curves, continuous tailgating small cars and similar tricks that would instantly get your driver's license taken in the Netherlands) trip to Negril.

Since our last trip Hedo stopped this all inclusive airport to resort transfer and stopped being part of Superclubs, so things are a tad different this time around.
    With a total trip taking 23 hours from our home to get to Negril, I'd hate to lose any more time travelling or waiting than is absolutely necessary, let alone needing to organise anything locally like that transfer while being dead tired already.

So thanks for the heads up!

Just do like I did when riding in a taxi when I lived in Paris - hide in the back seat and don't look up!

Quote Originally Posted by zork View Post
    Just do like I did when riding in a taxi when I lived in Paris - hide in the back seat and don't look up!
    LOL!!! Sounds like a plan!

Having driven many a time in most of the countries in Europe, including several dozen holidays in France, I'm used to meeting that kind of driver attitude on the road alongside me.
    Doing 150+ MPH on the German autobahn, driving on Albanian mountain paths or driving in Italian rush hour traffic in Rome is all fine by me.
    These Jamaican drivers might not drive as crazy as some of the drivers I've seen around me on the roads in the Balkans, but at least here in Europe I was the one who had the steering wheel in his hands and the pedals within reach.

That's not the case in such a bus with someone I don't know driving it like there is no tomorrow...

Just booked our transfers last week with a company called Viator, confirmation in an email with voucher, with the instructions when in the arrival area go to desk no 8. Hopefully that will do the trick.
    As you said smallandtall, with long travel times we dont want to be messed around, This time our trip from the middle east, house to Hedo is taking nearly 3 days with 2 layovers. with a time difference of 9 hours. Partying with 9 hours jet lag, easy!!!!!!!!!!.

Hedonism II Nov 2007
    Hedonism II Nov 2008
    Hedonism II Mar 2011