Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireings

Quote Originally Posted by we2are469 View Post
    from http://www.ehow.com/about_5542605_ja...ment-laws.html

Termination

In Jamaica, employers are required to give their employees notice before they fire them. The employer must give at least two weeks notice if the person has been employed for less than five years. Those who have been employed for five to 10 years are given four weeks notice. Employees that have worked at a company for more than 10 years must receive at least six to eight weeks notice. All employees must give only two weeks notice, regardless of how long they have been working for a company.

Which leads me to believe Cop might be right. I don't think any employees were given advanced notice, and one even claimed they were never given anything in writting. Termination, then rehire is common, lets hope that is the case, and that the employees don't get screwed in the process. However, they may be hired back at a loss of benefits, so may choose not to return.

Ray

When we were there in December it was discussed that the staff was receiving monies for owed vacation not taken and various other sundries so they would be off the Superclubs liability books.
    Every employee knew that in the eventuality of a new ownership that this would happen... as Todd and Cop describe.... so to those who say notice is required... it was given... mid december, to everyone on staff.

A subset would be offered employment in the new venture, as well the potential for new hires from outside the resort.

For those who would not continue, I believe the redundancy pay come in here.. in some cases perhaps in lieu of notice.

Kevin, Delano, Rusheen still in place as of today and I heard all the current EC's are too.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    As with everything, things get blown out of proportion.
    I feel bad for anyone that loses their job, but let's face it, changes with new owners will happen.
    I am going to trust the judgement of Kevin and the new owners and keep good hopes for the future.
    As for the person who was talking with Sophia about their vow renewal, I will let you know what I find out soon. I have several vow renewals to perform myself with my group in April and will be in contact with the resort today or tomorrow to find out if Sophia is still there and if not who will be our contact in reference to the vow renewals.
    Cop..
    Hey Cop, interested to hear what you find out. I KNOW that Sophia is NOT there. I have a great concern as we are heading there next week (March 7) for a wedding on March 9th ... Sophie was dealing with it all, I've sent Kevin a message about the wedding so hope to hear back from him soon.

Do you mean Carl that worked with Augustus?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedo1990 View Post
    Just had to reply to this. In February a young lady walk up to the nude bar, waited 2 minutes and said quite loudly "what does take to service around here?". Never mind that there were 15 other people waiting first and there was only a single bar tender. This sounds like the same type of situation. Right or wrong, I suspect sometimes the bar tenders reflect the person they are serving.
    You suspsect quite wrong there old mate. You can ask anyone on here that has met me there. I walk around with a shit eating grin 99.99% of the time. That being said there was a time when my wife got felt up that i wasnt with said shit eating grin but it did come back quite quickly. So careful before you judge someone on here before you know what the hell your speaking about. Since you just came aboard it seems anyway.
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

Also have no problem waiting to get a drink and have never once been rude to a staff member there. I have waited over 30 min sitting on a bar stool in the nude pool for a drink with the above shit eating grin in place. But when a staff members is down right rude why not say so. But i am the bad guy for stating what happened to me
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    I agree with Philly 100% here. I will say that Scumba was at least more pleasant then delroy. Delroy was a total prick when i met him last year. If hes gone not foreskin off my pecker. Some of the ladys were friendly but i am not sure of there names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    You suspsect quite wrong there old mate. You can ask anyone on here that has met me there. I walk around with a shit eating grin 99.99% of the time. That being said there was a time when my wife got felt up that i wasnt with said shit eating grin but it did come back quite quickly. So careful before you judge someone on here before you know what the hell your speaking about. Since you just came aboard it seems anyway.
    "Delroy was a total prick when i met him last year. If hes gone not foreskin off my pecker" Just defending a friend who I do know "what the hell I'm speaking about" which is why I joined and replied.

It is standard practice when a company gets sold, there is a 100% "layoff" from the old company (In this case SuperClubs) and a hiring (usually about 95%) of the staff by the new owners of the company (in this case, Marshmellow). This happens in ALL sectors in Jamaica. This ensures a clean break between the two entities, so if there are any liabilities (like debts, accounts payables, lawsuits) associated with the previous owner, they stay with the previous owner and do not interfere with the operations of the "new" entity. All staff are paid up any vacation, redundancy monies earned, benefits due etc - often times staff take the opportunity to change careers, go back to school or whatever because the package can be pretty nice!!!

So there really has not been a dramatic mass firing - transitions like this can be easily spun out of control and rumours go a-flyin'..... Did some people not get rehired by the new owners? - sure, that's the new owners' prerogative. Did some dead wood get trimmed - they would have been stupid not to, even if those people were loved by the guests. As some of the posters have noted, Kevin is very experienced, has been at H2 since he just started to shave and knows that place inside out. So any changes WILL definitely be well thought out and backed up with decades of experience - I wouldn't be surprised if some of the changes Kevin will make have been simmering in his head for quite a few years!!

Sophia was not rehired.
    As for others Im not sure.
    I will find out who will be handling the weddings and let that couple know when I do, as I need that info myself.
    I am still putting my faith in the new owners and hoping for the best. Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Cop I know the new owners a long time they are wonderful people and trust me this was not easy for them
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

I have nothing but high hopes for them my friend.
    Nothing about running a place like that can be easy.
    Changes are bound to be made.
    Such is life.
    Cop..

Quote Originally Posted by L&I View Post
    Kevin is very experienced, has been at H2 since he just started to shave and knows that place inside out. So any changes WILL definitely be well thought out and backed up with decades of experience - I wouldn't be surprised if some of the changes Kevin will make have been simmering in his head for quite a few years!!
    Thank you for bringing a little sanity to all of the concerns people have posted. We know very few facts, and I'm concerned there have been more assumptions than known facts. I have only been to Hedo once, but I will return in April and again in Sept. with my Hubby. We fell in love with Hedo at her worst. The people we met and the spirt of the resort are now a sweet addiction. At this point in the ownership transition patience is unfortunate but necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by A_n_B View Post
    "I suspect sometimes the bar tenders reflect the person they are serving. "
    My thoughts exactly.
    I understand what you are saying, but I assure you, I'm not the person you are implying.
    But thanks for the insult

I am so guilty and wrong to assume that firings were final. I apologize to all on here. So sorry. I am very confident that Kevin will do the best for this place and make it part of our dream vacations for years to come. He is an awesome person and I have an astounding amount of respect for his view and thankful that he would listen to my input on improvments to Hedo and what I thought about my fave Hedo resort and how important it is to us to return because of many fun free times we get to enjoy there. No place like home and he knows this well. I will be concerned about my food consumption forever and I feel much better about the staff changes and so glad the entertianment crew is tact. It was so funny when 50 got a birthday lady on stage and humped her and her husband fell out of his chair and pissed his pants I am sure. Kevin did not miss a trick. Kevin's wife was stunned by the hoopla and we know our EC's bust thier buts and are a hoot.

Looks like Steven Pottinger is no longer with Hedo...and hearing Rusheen Harris has been moved to Front Desk Manager. Been reading some accounts from people on Facebook who are there now...pretty surreal week with EC's working the dining room and lots of new employees already on property.
    Last edited by Face Down; 02-27-2013 at 10:33 PM.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast