Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off site activities?

Off site activities?

My wife asked me the other day if there were any must see/do things near Hedo. We will be there March 24-30 and I was not sure if anything beats laying on the beach, drinking and partying at Hedo, it's our first trip. Should we go to falls? Or Ricks? Or do many people do snorkeling / booze cruzes. I am fine with R&R but wanted to ask. Also is the spa at Hedo nice?

First, it has been difficult to beat the sand gravity (or nude pool gravity). We have found it hard to be away from Hedo for too long while we are there. We did a trip to Rick's once by cab and we think that is worth it at least one time. We still have not done one of the catamaran cruises mainly due to weather, but we are hoping to do both the snorkel and sunset cruise this year. With the sunset cruise, you can kill two birds with one stone and get your trip to Rick's. If you really want to go do something, the Appleton Estate Rum tour is good. The Dunn's River tour is really cool, but better for when you stay closer to Ocho Rios. Otherwise, we have never felt guilty just hanging and drinking by the nude pool. We try to go with as little planned and with little expectations and just see what happens.

Hedo II: March 12-18, 2010
    Hedo II: March 20-26, 2011
    Hedo II: March 17-24, 2012
    Hedo II: March 23-30, 2013

First time on Jamaica (another resort) we did the Mayfield river walk. That is something I promise to do again. Might be the only outing we will do this, our second trip to hero. Can't wait to get back there (42 more days) and soak in the sun. Got to get away from al this snow.

Sounds like good advice, thanks.... I love the beach, pool, hottub and maybe a cruise if the urge strikes...

We are not into the lifestyle (we are into each other though) but love the freedom of being who we are.... Nudist when the occasion itself. So we do hang around the nude side of the resort and enjoy what happens there. Nothing wrong with a little exibitionism or voyerism so long as it is done with respect...

Maybe this year we will even try the hot tub after diner. All things considered the outing to the Mayfield River is one of the best if you can get away from the freedom of the resort. hate to have to wear clothes for the outing but it's worth it.

We are going to do Appelton Rum and Pelican Bar on Tue. (19th?) as we hear it is a great day out and about just before you arrive. Juju tours has nothing but good reviews and they are very responsive to questions.
    Send me a PM here and I will give you more info if you wish.
    Bruce and laura

Has anyone been on the snorkeling trips? Wondering if it's worth it.

In our experience in Negril, not hedo, the cat tour is fun, and snorkeling is ok, dinner at cosmos and 3 dives are good. Some friends have rented motorbikes and had a great time touring around.

We have taken trips off the resort 4 or 5 times each trip. On our 11th. We eat out at night at least! We want to do Floyd's pelican bar the next time. Be aware that anything like that will take allll day. It's isn't like running down to ricks and back. It's close to st Elizabeth. The last time we went there it took a little more than two hours to get there. We have done horse back riding Atv riding a lot of shopping and gone to the mountains to see the marijuana fields. Would Also like to do the trip to Appleton's estate but haven't found any one to go with us yet. Go off the resort once at least you won't regret it.

I really enjoyed the Dunn's River falls tour. Make sure to have the driver bring a ice chest and stop and load it up with Red Stripe's . A great day and a lot of fun. We also did the zip-line which was crazy fun too. Something closer to Hedo is the One Love Bus Tour, Just buy a drink at each bar stop and tip the driver Lembert. 3-4 hours and a great way to see parts of Negril. Highly recommend !
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Blog Entries
    A nice build your own outing is the beach walk. Negril beach is public so you can walk the whole thing. A nice walk is to Margaritaville. There are shops, restaurants and beach vendors on the way and a couple of really nice places to swim. It's fun to walk past the other resorts and see how bored everyone looks. I do enjoy walking past Beaches and seeing a bunch of nice (and wealthy) young families enjoying the beach with their kids.

Margaritaville is expense and almost franchise like, but it's worth seeing and a good place to grab a cab back to Hedo. If you need gifts, coffee or booze have your cabbie take you to Times Square first and get your stuff then you'll not have to leave the resort again for the rest of the week!

Cheers
    Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

As Bruce said, we are going to Appleton tour and Floyd's Pelican Bar (a tiki hut 3 mi. out in the Caribbean) on our next trip to Hedo in March. This is our first trip with Juju tours but we have read nothing but rave reviews on tripadvisor and are really looking forward to this! Check them out! Our pre-trip experience with them has been top notch.

Laura

We hired a driver (resort employee on his day off), along with another couple, for a trip to Appleton's for the tour then to nearby YS Falls for a zip-line. This trip took all day but was worth it.

The grounds at Appleton's are beautiful, and the tour is very interesting. Best part are the free rum samples. Maybe not the best thing to do before our next stop.

Then on to a quick lunch and zip-line at YS Falls. It was so much fun. It's another beautiful place to see.

The worst part of a day trip are the roads. Travel is slow and pot holes, bicycles, and other obstacles are frequent. I'm thankful I took the trip, but we were exhausted by the time we got back.

Negril is just to awesome not to venture off property at least once during your stay!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Quote Originally Posted by lauraff7 View Post
    As Bruce said, we are going to Appleton tour and Floyd's Pelican Bar (a tiki hut 3 mi. out in the Caribbean) on our next trip to Hedo in March. This is our first trip with Juju tours but we have read nothing but rave reviews on tripadvisor and are really looking forward to this! Check them out! Our pre-trip experience with them has been top notch.

Laura
    Floyd's Pelican Bar looked pretty cool , Would not mind checking that out ...
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast