Thread: Waterskiing at Hedo

Waterskiing at Hedo

Among all the other activities we hope to participate in I am interested in waterskiing. Anybody ever ski in the mornings? Do they have quality gear or would I want to bring my own?
    James and Yvette

Breezes Negril June 2012
    Breezes Negril Dec 2012
    Hedo II Feb 2, 2013
    Hedo Jan 18-28 2014
    The pool at The Artesan on weekends when it is hot!

We went waterskiing last year in the afternoon. They take you over by bloody beach (i think that is the name of it, not sure though). Its like 5 minute boat ride. The equip. seemed fine. it was different for me as they start you off in 3 ft of water or so. Not a bad thing just different then the lakes that i was used to. Im sure I will do it again, not the wife though as she just had acl surgery. Have fun

Equipment seemed ok to me... but it was my first (and only!) time! lol
    Was one hell of a nasal rinse!!

I wish I could again but hurt my back on ski's 25 years ago now disabled because of that. Bad back. Be safe and sure can have fun.

Blog Entries
    Skiing is a big part of the trip for me. Last year they got a brand new ski for my friend from Dubai. She unwrapped it and got the first ride, I got the second. It is a good quality ski.

She is an everyday water skier at home and noticed that the regular (best) ski pulled a little left. I get to ski maybe four times a year, all in a week at Hedo so I wouldn't have noticed that slight pull, but when I mentioned that I fell getting up she said it was the ski. First time up on the new ski, no problem, snapped right out.

The drivers are usually awesome. They had a new one last year and he was good. There are two sets of parallel swim barriers along the beach to keep the boats separate from the swimmers and the drivers regularly drive between them and if its a mirror inside the nearest one and not a lot of people on the beach, you're in there.

Incredible some days as the water is so clear when it's glassy it looks six inches deep, it can be startling when your carving a nice sheet

They had a brand new ski boat on the beach last year but they weren't using it. I think the old boat is a Donzi with a somewhat tired 225 Yamaha. While it coughs every time on take off it's still a 225 and sits down pretty good and gets me (5'10" 185) out of the water in a resonable amount of time.

Have Fun
    Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Thanks! I am a year round skier and getting a few turns in in Jamaica would be awesome! Very picky about my gear, but sounds like at least the ski they have will function fine for a pass or two down the beach. cool
    James and Yvette

Breezes Negril June 2012
    Breezes Negril Dec 2012
    Hedo II Feb 2, 2013
    Hedo Jan 18-28 2014
    The pool at The Artesan on weekends when it is hot!

Blog Entries
    That would make sense in AR.......

In Maine we ski on snow and I know what you mean about equipment, I'd definitely be able to tell if either of my snow skis had even the slightest pull to either side or anything out of whack.

Cheers

Bill
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesandy View Post
    Among all the other activities we hope to participate in I am interested in waterskiing. Anybody ever ski in the mornings? Do they have quality gear or would I want to bring my own?
    Better idea to just rent jet skis or go para-sailing. There is a booth to sign up for watersports on the beach, which are mostly contracted out so you need to pay for them.

Hopefully, the boats are up and running when you're there. We were there last summer and the ski boat wasn't running because of engine problems. Big disappointment for us as we were really looking forward to this. There was an Englishman that came the day before we left to work on the engine, but too late for us to use. They had another boat there that looked rigged for skiing, but they didn't want to take it out for some reason.

We skied a couple of times on our second trip. first trip the boat was broke down for the entire week. second trip boat worked great, drivers were good, and it was lots of fun!!
    First Trip to Hedo - WWV - Jan 2011 - Virgins No Longer
    Second Trip to Hedo - WWV - Mar 2012
    Third Trip to Hedo - WWV / Hedo Amigos - Mar 15-25, 2013
    Fourth Trip to Hedo booked - WWV/Hedo Amigos - Mar 14 - 24, 2013