Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just arrived last evening.

Just arrived last evening.

Got in to N last night, about 6. It took a good 45 min to get through immigration but got our luggage and headed for the JLT desk. Got two drinks, Red Stripe and a rum & coke, $17 later were on the bus waiting..... And waiting..... And waiting some more.....NOTE TO SELF, PAY THE EXTRA $ AND DO THE PRIVATE TRANSFER! Almost a hour we waited in the bus for it to be filled. Good news was the driver, Chris, was very nice, and we were the first stop. Check in went fine and our room is in block 10, right on the beach, beautiful! Wife wanted to unpack so I headed to the bar to fill our mugs, ran into old friends, LOVE THIS LITTLE PLACE! After unpacking headed to the hot tub, another round of drinks, then another. Another note to self, make sure the little wife eats something before 3 big rum punches, she was toast! Back to room and in bed by 8....oh well, long day of travel and we were tired anyway. Occupancy looks pretty high, heard about 70, a lot more than two years ago. I will try to write more later.

Glad you got into Block 10 :-)
    Your first day scenario sounds alot like it did a few years ago lol
    Enjoy, say hi to everyone there for me (there are a few)

18 days and we'll be there...

OK, I thought I'd better take some time to write about day two. After this most days will probably be very similar.

Up really early, beds too hard for me so didn't sleep well. Breakfast was good, had an omelet, lots of other stuff, everything was very good! Headed to the pier, wife loves the pier in the mornings. After a couple hours I came up to our balcony to read, she stayed on pier for a while longer. Lunch was great at the pool bar, I had jerk chicken and pork. Afternoon we did some pool volleyball then hot tub. Evening dinner was on the beach, buffet style, food was very good, I'm sure everyone found something they liked. Back to hot tub, was too hot so we decided to check out the hot tub by block 10, that one was perfect temp but no drink service. 3 other couples with us in hot tub, eventually staff came by to tell us we had to keep it down.....I can tell you this ain't hedo! About 10:30 wife and I decide we had enough and went out our room. Again neither of us slept well. Hopefully we get used to the beds and sleep better from here on.
    Last edited by GBSoren; 01-24-2013 at 12:11 PM.

hope you enjoy the stay! looking forward to the hot tub! 35 days to go.

Blog Entries
    we are so ready to get there, it is so friggin cold here, be there hopefully sat some time, who knows with this snow coming anyway sounds like there are more people there, hope we get our regular room in block 8 we will see anyway, keep us a spot on the vollyball team see you guys soon

Well sounds good the difference with hedo by the night pool the staff allow you to have as much fun the night pool is always a place to be at hedo n resorts sounds like fun itself

We are back home now, back to below zero temps for highs, I think we lost almost 100 degrees from yesterday 9:30 am in Jamaica to today in MN! I'll try to sum up days 3-8 and give you some of what we liked and disliked.

All days started the same for me, up before 6 am, a combination of just me being an early riser and uncomfortable beds ( for me anyway). Breakfast for me was great everyday. They always have a small Jamaican dish area that you at least must try, a couple of the edays it was great, but please try it. Usually then to the pier, a couple of the days it was just to windy so we made our way to the pool area early. Then morning volleyball, always a blast! Lunch at about 1. I always enjoyed lunch, either from the buffet or pool grill, we could always find something we liked. Of course I could eat jerk chicken for every meal so if I could find that I'm a happy man!
    Afternoons we laid in the sun and played more volleyball, usually starting anywhere from 3 to 5, again great fun. Somedays we'd hit the hot tub after volleyball, other days we'd try to grab a quick nap on our balcony..... my favorite part of the day! Then a shower before dinner. Hot water was hit and miss, the first 3 days it was perfect, after that it was a little more iffy. Dinner was mediocre to great, we liked the Italian when it was open. The main dining when buffet style was great IMO. When ordering off the menu, again IMO, it was mediocre, portions small ( for me ) and food just ok. Desserts were probably the most disappointing, I can't remember anything I liked. I'm not a big dessert eater so not a big deal to me.
    Evening entertainment was also average, again not a big deal to us, by that time we are tired and looking forward to some sleep. We didn't even hit the hot tubs in the evening much.

OK, what's good....First the people, the staff is fantastic! The guest are also great, we had a good time making some new friends but most of all getting re-aquanted with old friends! So nice to see some of the same couples that were there two years ago! The food was also very good. The pool volleyball and waterslide. The pier. Oh, and the Red Strip Light in the room fridge! Loved it! And the wifi, nice to be able to stay in touch with home without having to worry about cell phone charges.

Not so good.....
    For me the bed, to hard, by morning my shoulders would ache ( I have shoulder pain on a good day). Bugs, yes tropical island. We loved our room location except for one thing, we were on lower level. You hear EVERYTHING in the room above you, noisy neighbors mean not much sleep. The wind, not everyday but it can get windy. Hot water....also iffy.

We'll be there in 10 day's,David still there he made a special drink up for the wife last time she really like...

TLS--arriving Saturday. What was the drink David made for your wife? My wife isn't a heavy drinker, but her 'vacation drinking lips' certainly arrive when we hit the beach on day one!

Thanks for the reviw. By bugs do you mean mosquitoes or crawley bugs in the room. Don't care about crawley ones. But the bitting ones need to be prepaired for. Went to St. Thomas and the, wife got eaten alive, then had a reaction. The bites got the the size of quarters, drove her insane with itching, and then scabbed over. Nasty vacation.

mostly mosquitos, the insect netting around the beds worked to protect you while sleeping. We didn't see any "crawley" bugs in the rooms. We also had bites from something, mostly around the pool, that must have been tiny because we didn't see them.

Jeffery made ''Fuzzy Monkey'' which she liked, the one David made her didn't have a name he just told her he would make a special one for her..Be there in 7 day's can't wait!!!!

ohh, can't wait anylonger! 30 days and counting!

GB...any info on theme nights? Have read some about this, but I don't recall any posts here about that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast