Thread: Post First Trip Questions

Post First Trip Questions

My wife and I got back from our first trip to HII a week ago and had some
    questions. The trip was for the time one week after Thanksgiving and two
    weeks before Christmas. It was also the same time as DennyP’s WWW
    group was there.

This was our first trip to a resort like HII, both with the public nudity and the
    atmosphere of sexuality. Still, after the initial five minutes absolute fear
    at stripping down the first time we spent almost all our time on the nude side.

I had asked in here before going if that would be a dead time for the resort
    because of being between the holidays and was told no and that the WWW
    group would be large enough to make things interesting, anyway. I guess it
    did. They did tend to own the resort for the week.

The nude side was were where the action was. On the other hand, the prude
    side; beach and pool, was like a ghost town. At any given time there
    could have a hundred and fifty people on the nude beach or in the pool and
    hottub and on the prude side there literally three or four people!!!

Was this, in fact, because of the time of year and because the WWW group
    were all people that preferred the nude side? Or is this the way it is all the
    time? To my wife and I it seemed a shame that such a nice beach and pool
    was empty while on the nude side you couldn't find a beach chair or get near
    the bar.

Although there are some things my wife and I still have to work out about
    expectations that we now have a better handle on after our first trip, as
    other’s have warned us, we’re planning our second trip already, possibly
    for September.

Will the resort have a different feel to it at that time of the year? It might
    be a bit late for summer vacations, but there are no big travel holidays at
    that time of year. With that and no big group like the DennyP group will
    the nude and prude sides be more balanced. Aside from the possibility of
    severe weather is there any reason not to go in September?

Mike

The nude side and prude side are never balanced. You will always only see one or two at that side. Nude is where people hang out. Sept. will be quieter and will be different, no two hedo trips are the same. Personally we prefer a less busy resort as the service gets better with less guests, and even though there are less people around, maybe a bit less energy, It all depends on what you make of your time there. Hedo is about the people and the fun they want to have.

We were there the week before, and the week of Thanksgiving,and no amount of people were on the prude side.It has been like that on all 3 of our trips and the people we know that go in April say it is like that then also.September is in Hurricane season so definately not as busy.
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

I read in most all trip reports about the unbalance in the Nude and Prude facilities as well as population of the sides. Why are the resorts set up this way? Why doesn't the management or owners re=establish a balance for the majority of the population? I also read this about all the resorts in Jamaica. Does the government have anything to do with this ratio?

Was this, in fact, because of the time of year and because the WWW group
    were all people that preferred the nude side? Or is this the way it is all the
    time? To my wife and I it seemed a shame that such a nice beach and pool
    was empty while on the nude side you couldn't find a beach chair or get near
    the bar.
    I read in most all trip reports about the unbalance in the Nude and Prude facilities as well as population of the sides. Why are the resorts set up this way? Why doesn't the management or owners re=establish a balance for the majority of the population? I also read this about all the resorts in Jamaica. Does the government have anything to do with this ratio?
    Every repeat guest feels the same way. It is retarded. Hedonism III is a little more balanced (as far as how much of the resort is prude, and how much nude) but still, the population distribution is the same.

The reason is, of course, that if you weren't going to hedo for the raunchy partying you'd go to Sandals or some other place instead. So in general the only people who go and stay on the Prude side either.

1. Didn't know where they were going, or what Hedo was.

2. Knew about Hedo, and chickened out.

3. Are shy gawkers who go just to look at the naked people but are too shy to actually take their clothes off, so they sit on the prude side and catch glimpses.

It could also be a government thing, Jamaica (and Superclubs owning family) is very conservative believe it or not and maybe they do not like the image of a full nude resort. I know that the government has complained to the resorts about some of the groups that attend.

But in anycase, it is a perennial recommendation by guests to the resort to do away with the prude side (other than the dining area... I don't know if anyone wants a fully nude buffet).
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

Making Plans...

As I said in the beginning of this thread we're thinking about our next trip and
    are thinking about going in September (2007).

I know that depending on the way the summer goes, that could be a time to
    think about hurricanes. Has anyone been at HedoII during a storm? How bad
    can it get? Does it make a difference that the resort is on the west end of
    the island and most storms travel east to west?

What do they do they do? Do they put everyone on flights out before it blows
    in or do they have storm plans? What if it takes a couple of days for it to blow
    through?

New topic: I know of the calendars on this board and on DennyP's site. I also
    know about the list of events on the HedoI site. Are there any other calendars
    or list that I can check to see if any groups or events are planned for the time
    we're thing about going (second week of Sep.)?

Mike