Thread: Hello from snowbelt region in Ontario Canada

Hello from snowbelt region in Ontario Canada

Hello, I'm new to anything and everything to do with this site. I'm a 42 year old single attractive male with 4 children (aged 5,7,16 and 18) the younger two of which are Autistic. Been married twice, both marriages failed after 10 years for different reasons. In general, I'm actually quite shy, but when approached, can get into very lengthy discussions, and as I'm told, I'm a very good listener! I"m just recently separated, and am looking for something "different". I am just looking to let loose, have a great time, and have friendships on my vacation...I just don't want to go somewhere and be alone the whole time. As I said, I'm shy and find it difficult to approach people (especially if they're naked!). Sometimes my shyness is mistaken for "snobbiness", but I'm just not good at starting conversations...but good once they're started! I've seen many comments about singles at these resorts as being treated as "outcasts" (especially men) and of course paired with my shyness, would mean I would be alone the entire time - at least that is what I'm afraid of. I know if I go to a "regular" AI vacation, I'll definitely be alone...that is why I'm considering one of these spots. But would I fit in, would I be accepted? After 20 years of relationships gone bad, I just want friendships! I don't need to "hook-up" with a single woman, but I do need to hook-up with "people" in general and be able to enjoy myself and the company of others, and hopefully they'll enjoy my company. Again, I'm not looking for sex, I'm looking for friendship...maybe I'm starting to sound a little sad here, but I'm just trying to be honest. Maybe this isn't the best place to "dump" everything, but I'm looking for help in finding a destination where I can have a great 7 days and not regret spending the money, because I know I'll be paying for being "single".
    Any comments and suggestions as to where to go would be fantastic!

Blog Entries
    Hedo is the place for you my friend, no one is an outcast there unless they make themselves one. Find a group before you go and join them and you'll have some friends before you arrive. A good group leader with introduce you around once you are there and check with you occasionally to be sure you are having fun etc.

Your story isn't that different than mine and I'm ready for trip six as a single. I've gone as a couple twice, had a roommate once, and had a great time everytime.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Thanks takemetonegril....
    Where or how would I find a group, and is there a "best" time for singles to go to Hedo? And which Hedo to go to?

Quote Originally Posted by markymark1970 View Post
    Thanks takemetonegril....
    Where or how would I find a group, and is there a "best" time for singles to go to Hedo? And which Hedo to go to?
    Dont spend too much time deciding on which one to go to as they closed Hedo 3 a couple of years ago.
    Im not sure there is a "best" time for singles. Lots of great groups accept singles at all times of the year.
    Check out the calendar and see which groups are going when the timing works for you. Contact them and or their members to get a feel if they are the right group for you. A good idea is to book through the host groups travel agency for the best deal that week and a greater chance of not getting bumped.

The calendar is located HERE.

Cheers,
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.