Thread: Desire RM November 6 - 9 Swingset Group

Thumbs up Desire RM November 6 - 9 Swingset Group

This was our first time to Desire. We were invited by some old Hedo 3 friends who were hosts for the Life on the Swingset podcast group that was there this week. We had always wanted to try it out so we booked 3 nights with Char Travel.

We were supposed to leave for PHL Sunday night to take the first flight out Monday morn but one of our dogs hurt herself. We contacted Char who was at the resort to tell her our issue. She was able to make our room available for Friday and re-booked our airport transfers. She was also waiting for us at check in when we got of the van. We were quite impressed and thanked her for her service.

Check in was a breeze. No timeshare sell. 10 min tops and we were in our room. Room was at the very end of the resort but since it is a small resort it only took 2 min to the lobby bar area. The room had lots of closet space. plenty of drawer space under the TV and in the closet as well. The light switches were hard to find at night sometimes. Flat screen TV had plenty of channels. 4 beers, 4 large bottles of water, 4 sodas in the fridge. bathroom was nice. The water pressure was a little weak. The toilet flushed with gusto. Plenty of clean towels. Plenty of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion stuff in the room as well. Nice soft large robes were nice to use. Outside the room was a large table with ashtrays and 6 chairs to chill out on.

Beach was the first stop. Beach chairs a plenty. No towel card required. Just ask for some and you get some. Drink service on the beach was awesome. But we chose chairs that were close to the bar so we could mingle with the bartender so the drinks were very good. Security on the beach was also tremendous. The beach gets passers by from other resorts so Security walked them down until they passed by and made sure nobody with a camera in hand got bold. The sand was like stepping in all purpose flower. Very soft. I missed not having floaties so we could just chill out on but the waves were pretty strong there so floaties might not be a good idea.

Pool was next on the hit list. The pool had good music. The pool chairs were all full so we just parked our stuff on the side next to the steps. The beach volleyball court was next to the pool. There seemed to be some pretty competitive games going on. A lot of sandy backs. Pool temp was perfect and the water was very clean. They had set ups for pool volleyball and also the EC's set up pool basketball once during the week. The EC's were nice and did a great job getting people involved and leaving the ones who did not want involved alone. We got a chance to meet and speak to many friendly people there.

The pool grill was next. The food was awesome. They had a large buffet available there. Also a cook that would make chicken, beef fajitas ot skirt steak or burgers to order. Also the fresh fish tacos were also tasty. Drink service there was awesome. Very clean and there was always a table clean and ready. No stealing silverware from another table required. Management was always present and making sure things were taken care of.

Rooftop Hot Tub for "Happy Hour was next on the list. The stairs leading up were right behind the pool. The area had beds and the area in front of the rest rooms had clean towels and cubby holes to store your stuff while you enjoyed the hot tub. It gets crowded up there. Lots of PDA the later it got. Bar service was good. I know Spanish so I think that helped me. The bar supplied whipped cream so that was a bonus for all of us who enjoy whipped cream booby sucking.

We made some friends us at the hot tub and made dinner plans. No reservations required anywhere. We enjoyed the Buffet 2 nights and the Asian the last night. All were very good. The place seemed to be overstaffed. There were so many people there to serve you it was great.

Lobby bar was next. Good drink service there. Lots of top shelf tequila. Espresso machine was popular. Late nights, the make awesome pizza with tons of cheese. The raccoon looking things that hang out behind the lobby bar freaked my wife out big time. Again, there was always a chair or a seal available. And the bar staff was friendly to us always.

The nightclub was the next stop. Very nice set up. Seating when you first walk in. A large dance floor. A large bar right after that. Misc was very good. The bathroom area was unisex so it was a little confusing at first....especially if you are drunk...LOL. But cool once you figured it out. I didn't see the play area in the back so I cannot review that part. I was too busy dancing with all the hot ladies.

Late night hot tub activities were going on after the night club. clean towels up there means you don't have to go back to the room to get yours. There were quite a few bugs up there. We bot got bitten up there a lot. Bug repellant up there would be a good thing for you. Lots of PDA going on on the beds around and in the hot tub.

Early morning risers we are. The lobby bar was always staffed. Lots of espresso / coffee drinkers. My wife orders tequila for breakfast and it is no problem. No need to wait for 10 AM for a drink.

All in all, every day was a repeat of this routine. As you can tell we liked it very much and will be back next year. The Swingset group was very nice and even though we did not really participate with their group activities, they all were very nice to us. See you all next year!!!

great report! Thank you!
    So, overall, the major "negative" difference was no PDA on the beach or at the pool?
    I could handle that for all the other great POSITIVE differences!!!!

I can also mention that the resort is 12 min from the airport. And there is 2 security checkpoints before you enter the resort. The TA booked us private transfers included. No non paying locals allowed. Very nice. No PDA at the pool or the beach allowed. The resort is small enough to get back to the room for a quicky before the mood is lost. Also, you are allowed to enjoy playrooms at the disco.

sounds awesome to me! not just to become a couple

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Thanks for the trip report. Very helpful!! It makes us even more excited about our first trip to Desire, Cabo in a few short weeks.
    "Your clothes conceal much of your beauty, yet they hide not the unbeautiful ....Would you meet the sun and the wind with ...your skin..? For the breath of life is in the sunlight and the hand of life is in the wind.." Kahlil Gibran