Thread: Sea Mountain Inn

Sea Mountain Inn

Hi,

Has anyone been to the Sea Mountain Inn resort in Palm Springs? Thinking of going for a weekend and would be grateful for any insight

Thanks

Yarray

We are also thinking of going in December.
    If anyone has comments on this resort or places in the area or San Diego area please let us know

Thank you

I have been only to Sea Mountain on a weekend. It was expensive for what you get. $400-$450 a night, 2 night minimum. The place is very small. The rooms are very nice, they do give you free margarites that are brought around by naked workers about once an hour. Dewey also comes around once an hours with shots. The give you a picnic type lunch, fried chicken and snacks. The rest of the day there are potato chips, fruit, nothing much. For dinner you can order out, not cheap but good. They tack on an ordering fee of $5 per item.
    It is a great party atmosphere, lots of pda's all day long. The people are very friendly. When we were there it was a younger crowd and they were all in good shape.
    Would I go again, absolutely, but only if I was in the area. For the price I would rather go to Hedo or Desire and get all the food and drink I wanted.

I went during a weekend but during a slow time...I paid 199....but that being said, I will comment on a few things. I have been to Hedo...and it is definitely a more lively venue. For its proximity and not having to fly--as well as worry about the surrounding area because of political unrest--it is a great alternative to Hedonism...or even Desires...

I like the food they have because I eat very health conscious and am in gret shape...so the worst thing for me there was the all-you-can-drink margaritas Since you are in America, there are a host of venues from which you can choose locally that are excellent choices for food. I actually never ate anything fried there....however "casey" is correct--if you are a hearty eater, you will not like the food. Again, since all you can eat of fatty foods does not appeal to me, this is a great choice.

The girls are great with bringing the margaritas--I know calories--but it is fun. It is a very close-knit place and you have much more of an opportunity to talk to people....and yes it is small even though the pictures make it look big.

I believe they want close to $400 per night on weekend

Quote Originally Posted by yarray View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone been to the Sea Mountain Inn resort in Palm Springs? Thinking of going for a weekend and would be grateful for any insight

Thanks

Yarray
    We've been a few times and have always had a great time. It is not cheap but we've also always felt it was worth the cost. We have met lots of people that have stayed at other resorts within a block or so walk from SMI and then get day passes to save on the cost. We've been on week-ends and weekdays...i definately prefer the week-ends. Give it a try...I'm sure you will enjoy it.
    H3 - January 2010 with WWV
    LV - April 2010 with WWV
    H2 December 2011 with WWW
    H2 December 2012 with WWW
    H2 December 2014 with WWW
    H2 December 2015
    H2 December 2016
    H2 December 2017 with WWW

I know that we are going on Dec 30 31 and 1 so it is well worth the 400 for us...New Year's Eve there sounds fun!

I'll be in Palm Springs the weekend of 1/4/13 - and am unfortunately alone. Since only couples and single women are allowed at SMI, are there any women that would like to join me? I'm in my early 30's, medium height with slim but athletic build and have full, dark hair. I'm new to the site so not sure what protocol is, but do reach out if interested. Cheers.

We stayed at Sea Mountain in Southern Calif and had a fantastic time.
    The people we met were young, old, middle/upper class and all very down to earth.
    I liked the relaxing music during the day and party atmosphere at night.
    We relaxed in the hot tub at nights, saw some PDA and felt comfortable not having pushy people.
    After experiencing Hedo and Desire we highly recommend if you are traveling in Southern calif add this to your bucket list and stay here.

Wife and I went to SMI for a long weekend last year. As others have commented, it's very small, the food is more or less a joke, but it's a boat load of fun. The facility is well maintained, the rooms are small, but comfortable. We had a slow draining tub and they took care of it within 20 minutes. We combined it with a slightly longer trip to SoCal and took the opportunity to visit (and have sex in) Joushua Tree National Park.

The weekend we were there the PDAs started around noon and went all day. There's absolutely no sex police and it's a very comfortable and relaxed environment where anything and everything goes. This is a place you go to be in a very sexually charged environment. You can't esacpe it (which is fine with us). If you're a voyeur, exhibitionist, or in the lifestyle you'll see a lot, show off a lot, and have a great opportunity to meet with other fun, likeminded couples.

Counter to what we've experienced at Hedo and Desire there's a lot more activity during the day than at night, probably because of the influx of day-pass visitors.

We've only briefly heard of the place but never realized it was this kind of environment. Thanks for the tip. Sounds like something worth checking out and SoCal is an easy flight from Chicago.

Just to chime in...We are a early 30s in shape couple and have been to SMI about 6 times now. We have flown into LAX 5 of those times and driven over. Once, we flew into palm springs airport. Palm Springs airport is definitely the way to go if you can get a good fare. LAX is about 2 hours(?) away depending on traffic.

The fact that we have been there 6 times should say enough.

Yes, it is a little pricey but we feel it is worth it. Our routine is to go off property for dinner every day. Palm springs and Desert Hot Springs is nice and has plenty of dining options. A really light continental breakfast is served (coffee, cereal granola bars and prepackaged pastries) and maybe a quick lunch run to subway gets us through the day. Some stay at the hotel that is walking distance away and do day passes. We've never done that. I figured if we had to fly there, we should go all the way. The rooms are comfortable. Most rooms are pretty loud so don't go there and expect to turn in at 9pm and get a solid nights sleep. Some rooms are quieter than others. When booking ask if you are concerned.

The couples there have varied from young and quite fit to an older crowd. That is correct that the sex police are nowhere in sight. Open activity is permitted everywhere.. Lounge chairs around the pool, on the edge of the hot tub or in the great play/dance area on the round bed or awesome couches.

We went to HedoII once but felt it was a little too big and didn't find any play areas we felt comfortable with till the very end. SMI is nice and intimate. Naked as soon as you walk in the door and you don't have to put anything on the whole time!

As always, we can't wait to go again!

My tips: Stop at the liquor store and get your supplies. The resort provides enough diet coke and coke for your mixers. The Margaritas are good but I don't like a lot of them.
    Eat at Desert Hot Springs. Plenty of options. The indian place was great! Save $ if you want and get day or night passes if you live close enough or stay off property. Rooms are nicely appointed with cable and a dvd player. Bring moisturizer. You find you spend hours in the pool and hot tub. Your skin dries out pretty good. Have Fun!

hi
    visit the all new sea mountain spa
    www.nudisthotel.com and our vegas www.spanudes.com

We are heading there for Labor Day 2019 (Saturday and possibly Sunday). Anyone else going? It is always a good time.
    11/2018 - Couples Tower Isle, Jamaica
    05/2019 - Sea Mountain - Las Vegas
    05/2019 - Whispers - Las Vegas
    11/2019 - Bliss Cruise