Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Questions from newbies

  1. #1
    Registered User Brian&Terri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    859

    Questions from newbies

    Hello! We are new to this site & have never been to this kind of resort & were curious. We are both in our early 40s & wondered what the average age is for most people that visit here. Does the restaurant serve food other than seafood? I have an allergy. We also wanted to honestly know how often people would have open sex in the daytime or at night? Do people stare at you when you are nude? We aren't really the partying/drinking type of couple & wondered how you let people know that without looking like prudes? Can we check out the nightlife activies without being forced to join in?
    Thanks!
    Brian&Terri

  2. #2
    Registered User hedopair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Fairport, New York, United States
    Posts
    84
    All good questions- - first, the age ranges and body types of people are a microcosm of the what you would see if you went to the supermarket at home. You are right in the middle of the span. It is a remarkable thing- when you get naked and you are around other naked people, you really pay attention to who they are as a person and not what they look like. Naturally you may take a peek , but just remember to go back to their face. No one is going to stare unless you have something like three breasts or a third leg. As for the pda's - you might or might not see any open sex. And do not fear being forced into doing anything, swingers #1 rule is "no means no". Be flattered they asked and politely decline - end of story. I highly recommend reading "the naked truth about hedonism 2" by Chris Santilli. It will answer many of your questions. My advise, go, get naked and one of the best vacations of your life.

  3. #3
    Registered User we2are469's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    510
    Ah yes the first trip. Best dam vacation I've ever had.
    Been back many times since, but the first time was the best.
    Allergies, yes, I have a fish allergy (but not shell fish). Earlier this year we had dinner at the Japanese restaurant, (it's one of those were they cook the food in front of you on a common grill) the name escapes me now, but the first thing the waitress asked was if anyone had allergies. I raised my hand and explained my allergy. As a result the fish dish for everyone, was cooked AFTER my beef choice. They can deal with allergies at Hedo.

    Yes three breasts, and a 24 inch dick, will get stares, and that's about the only thing that will get a stare.
    If you feel uncomfortable being nude, there is a "prude" beach, and most of the time you can have it all to your selves, not much use.
    You don't even need to talk to any other guest, if you don't want.

    I had the same fears about swinging, etc. on our first trip (we don't swing), but really, I never had to say no, a simple not interested was all that was needed.

    No one will make you consume alcohol if you don't want to, and no one will care what you drink, it won't affect any relationships.

    You can sit in on any nighttime entertainment and no one will care if you partake or not.
    There are some private group specific functions though, that you may not be able to attend.

    You won't be the only couple not drinking.

    We didn't see a lot of serious sex during the day, last April, actually less than previous years. Now, around the hot tub, after midnight, that's a different story.

    Brian, Terri, just go, you'll have a great time, at YOUR comfort level.

    Ray
    Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly,
    laugh insanely, fuck like there is no tomorrow, and forgive quickly.
    Butt Crack Tours April 2019
    Biff's Bunch April 21 2019

  4. #4
    Registered User phillygirl22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    2,170
    No problem if you don't like to drink or party. But fair warning, most people there do! The pool gets loud and rowdy...including people who (illegally) smoke pot.
    Perhaps a place like N would be a better choice? Just depending on what you are looking for and can tolerate around you.

    As for PDA, its there! and some months (january) it will be in your face. Again, if that isn't your thing, no problem. But if you will be uncomfortable around it, Hedo may not be your best choice.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    55
    Hedo is what you make of it. You do as much as you want or as little as you want and nobody will judge you.

  6. #6
    Registered User Brian&Terri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    859
    We don't mind the party side of the resort....seems it's more the pool area at night. We are mostly looking for crossing the line and going nude for the first time. As far as PDA we won't mind that so much as long as it's not everywhere...and to be honest we wouldn't mind showing some on the beach at night.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    621
    All good comments, especially the inference that Hedo is what YOU make it, not what other people do. Go with an open mind and a good attitude and you'll have a blast. You will find no pressure whatsoever to participate in anything that makes you uncomfortable.

    To amplify the food questions, the buffet usually has one fish entree and several meat/chcken entree's for each dinner meal. The menu at the Italian restaurant is also heavily weighted toward meat and pasta dishes so you should have no food issues whatsoever.

    Finally, we invite you to review the pages of our web site at www.jwst.com including our latest trip report. You'll find lots of ideas, tips and suggestions on making the most of your vacation as well as the travel issues in getting there. You'll also find lots of photos of the resort and the staff who will be your hosts.

    Good luck.

  8. #8
    Registered User HedoJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hebron, CT
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian&Terri View Post
    We don't mind the party side of the resort....seems it's more the pool area at night. We are mostly looking for crossing the line and going nude for the first time. As far as PDA we won't mind that so much as long as it's not everywhere...and to be honest we wouldn't mind showing some on the beach at night.
    Our first time was back in 1994 and it was our first time being nude. After a couple of hours wearing a swimsuit we got naked and we realized that everyone was dressed just like were. Back then we had no idea about swingers and had people ask if we played with others. We told them no and they told us no problem and sat and talked with us anyway. Fast forward, now we are the people who ask if you play with others. Like someone said, be honored that they asked because they found you attractive enough to ask. Most of the PDA's take place in and around the hot tub and along the edge of the pool. If you do decide to enjoy a little PDA action at night on the beach, I would advise you to use bug spray as the sand fleas are horrible after dark. If you are thinking of doing it IN the water at night, get that thought out of your head. The larger fish come in to feed at night as well as the jellyfish. We met a couple who did just that their first night after arriving around dinner time. They both had jelly fish stings on very sensitive parts of their bodies.
    Joe & Ellen
    Sandy Hook (NJ) Annual Hedo Reunion - August 24-26, 2018
    Desire Pearl - October 27 - November 3, 2018


    AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

  9. #9
    Registered User Silverfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    96
    I guess it depends what time of the year that you go. I have saw people from 18 to 80 and the 80 year old were alot of fun to be with. They were fun to here of all their travels and life that they lived.
    The week that we go it is most over 45, that Nov 23 to Dec 4 every year for 10 years now. For the food they have more than seafood,jerk chicken beef, pork, salads,pasta station, Lobster on Friday nights you won't go hungry.You have 2 other places to eat, plus the places by the beach one by the nude side one by the prude side, samie and fries jerk chicken. Remember not every day is the same. They might run out of ham might not have jerk chicken etc. Open sex or PDA can happen any time anywere and again who are there and what time of year. I good time is at night at the hot tub so if you don't want to see say away from it at night. When your naked after awhile you don't even know you are. Most people don't stare unless young single guys or old Walie's. Swinger's, just say NO and they will let you go. Word of advise if you drink get your own and watch it, one time 5 years ago a young couple just married, some buddy date rape druged them, nothing happened they got back to their room and crashed. I hope some help if need more ask.

  10. #10
    Registered User W&K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Near Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian&Terri View Post
    Hello! We are new to this site & have never been to this kind of resort & were curious. We are both in our early 40s & wondered what the average age is for most people that visit here. Does the restaurant serve food other than seafood? I have an allergy. We also wanted to honestly know how often people would have open sex in the daytime or at night? Do people stare at you when you are nude? We aren't really the partying/drinking type of couple & wondered how you let people know that without looking like prudes? Can we check out the nightlife activies without being forced to join in?
    Thanks!
    Brian&Terri
    These are some very good concerns... The first time we went, we had a pretty good idea what to expect, but it turned out to be even more fun than we thought. First and foremost... The friendliness of the people we've met is second to none. We've made awesome friends that we stay in touch with all year round between vacations.

    Food...
    Surprisingly there is a lot less seafood than you'd expect, and that goes for both the buffet and the theme restaurants. They're all very American styled, so you won't go hungry.

    Ages/People...
    Some are swingers, some are naturists, and some prefer to stay clothed. Though I admit, I haven't met many clothed persons who didn't end up naked by the end of the week. Haha. We're 46 and 36, and Hedo makes us feel like we're 25 again. We don't call ourselves swingers, but we sure love the fun and naughty games like Human Sundae etc. A blast indeed.

    PDA's...
    There are things that would seem shocking if done in downtown Louisville, but this is Hedo. Haha. We've seen a few, but it's not like some of the "neverbeen's" describe... A 24/7 orgy all over the resort. Haha. I'll be very open about this because those who visit the site are very open. One night in the piano bar, we saw two girls acting on a dare, and giving a dual blow-job to a guy. We were all caught up in the fun of the moment and cheered the girls on.

    There's not much more during the daytime, other than the odd fondle & stuff, but it's not about just sex. It truly is naughty silliness, and a lot of fun. Those of us who keep going back are not the kind that think a PDA is gross, no matter who it is... Young, old, big, small, green with purple polka-dots... It doesn't matter. No one judges others, which helps us not judge ourselves. :-) I love that part.

    The afore mentioned late night activities are very much expected so it's no surprise. Yes, you can take part or observe, it's entirely up to you. keep in mind that it takes place in an area of the resort that being nude is mandatory.

    All in all... It's great for one's sex life with the fun and naughty atmosphere. It's hard (pardon the pun) NOT to be passionate with your partner constantly.

    So far, there is only one group of people that I wouldn't recommend going to Hedo, and that would be couples who suffer from extreme jealousy. Sadly, I know people who fly into a fit of rage at the thought of someone seeing their spouse naked, or their spouse seeing someone else naked. I feel very sad for those people, and urge them to go to Disneyworld instead.

    When are you going?

    W&K
    ---------------------------------
    Hedo III - Feb 20-27, 2010
    Hedo II - Feb 19-26, 2011
    Hedo II - Mar 2-9, 2013
    Hedo II - Sep 21-28, 2013
    Hedo II - Sep 21-28, 2014
    ---------------------------------

  11. #11
    Registered User cristianos101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    tenerife
    Posts
    167
    we have just returned from our first trip and absolutely loved it,,, food was great, with many choices every meal. entertainment was great when done by the in house crew (check which groups will be there when you go incase u have to endure some crap movie shite, or fetish week like we did). i set my alarm for 10am to remind me the nude pool bar was open. sex happened all the time when we were there, day and night.... up to you, either sit and watch, leave, or join in... no one cares. the nude pool is one happy party from around 11am to 6pm, then the hot tub at night from midnight onwards..... the only question swingers will ask u is " are you here for the swinging side or just the nudist side"... they are not stalking, prowling monsters, and if u say only nudist then that will be fine. as for staring.. its human nature to look, but we saw old and young, fat and thin.. and everyone was partying. have fun... we cant wait to get back.

  12. #12
    Registered User Brian&Terri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    859
    Oh wow sand fleas would never have thought about that....thanks.

  13. #13
    Registered User mac_r_a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    5,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian&Terri View Post
    Hello! We are new to this site & have never been to this kind of resort & were curious. We are both in our early 40s & wondered what the average age is for most people that visit here. Does the restaurant serve food other than seafood? I have an allergy. We also wanted to honestly know how often people would have open sex in the daytime or at night? Do people stare at you when you are nude? We aren't really the partying/drinking type of couple & wondered how you let people know that without looking like prudes? Can we check out the nightlife activies without being forced to join in?
    Thanks!
    Brian&Terri
    All great questions. As far as the age, the agerage age can change daily. Our group last year was average 30 - 45. But some groups can be average 50 - 60, all depends.

    The restaurant serves lots of other kinds of food, but it may very well have come into contact with seafood, so hopefully it would be ok.

    And as far as the sex, that depends on the group and people that are there. But yes, you will see some, especially as the day gets later.

    And no, no one stares at you when nude. It is a strange concept, but once you go you will understand what it is like. After a few minutes it just feel natural and within a few days you will hate putting clothes on to go to supper, lol. Really, it will happen!!!

    And if you're not party people, just make it what you want. If you want to go to the pool and party, do that; if you want to lay on the beach and read a book, do that; if you want to take a stroll, do that; and if you want to give your husband a bj on the side of the pool, we will all appreciate that It really is your vacation, no on thinks anything of what you do as long as you are happy.

    And as for watching the night life without joining, of course you can. Never think anyone at Hedo will make you do anything you don't want to. Although the EC's can sometimes flirt a yes into you to join, happens to the best of us, lol.
    7th Annual HEDO SWITCH HITTERS - April 21 - 28, 2018

    www.hedo-switch-hitters.com




    Click here to book your April trip!!!

  14. #14
    Registered User CapnMorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southern Ontario, Niagara Region
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by W&K View Post
    These are some very good concerns... The first time we went, we had a pretty good idea what to expect, but it turned out to be even more fun than we thought. First and foremost... The friendliness of the people we've met is second to none. We've made awesome friends that we stay in touch with all year round between vacations.

    Food...
    Surprisingly there is a lot less seafood than you'd expect, and that goes for both the buffet and the theme restaurants. They're all very American styled, so you won't go hungry.

    Ages/People...
    Some are swingers, some are naturists, and some prefer to stay clothed. Though I admit, I haven't met many clothed persons who didn't end up naked by the end of the week. Haha. We're 46 and 36, and Hedo makes us feel like we're 25 again. We don't call ourselves swingers, but we sure love the fun and naughty games like Human Sundae etc. A blast indeed.

    PDA's...
    There are things that would seem shocking if done in downtown Louisville, but this is Hedo. Haha. We've seen a few, but it's not like some of the "neverbeen's" describe... A 24/7 orgy all over the resort. Haha. I'll be very open about this because those who visit the site are very open. One night in the piano bar, we saw two girls acting on a dare, and giving a dual blow-job to a guy. We were all caught up in the fun of the moment and cheered the girls on.

    There's not much more during the daytime, other than the odd fondle & stuff, but it's not about just sex. It truly is naughty silliness, and a lot of fun. Those of us who keep going back are not the kind that think a PDA is gross, no matter who it is... Young, old, big, small, green with purple polka-dots... It doesn't matter. No one judges others, which helps us not judge ourselves. :-) I love that part.

    The afore mentioned late night activities are very much expected so it's no surprise. Yes, you can take part or observe, it's entirely up to you. keep in mind that it takes place in an area of the resort that being nude is mandatory.

    All in all... It's great for one's sex life with the fun and naughty atmosphere. It's hard (pardon the pun) NOT to be passionate with your partner constantly.

    So far, there is only one group of people that I wouldn't recommend going to Hedo, and that would be couples who suffer from extreme jealousy. Sadly, I know people who fly into a fit of rage at the thought of someone seeing their spouse naked, or their spouse seeing someone else naked. I feel very sad for those people, and urge them to go to Disneyworld instead.

    When are you going?

    W&K
    Excellent post W&K, I think you hit the nail on the head. We are in our early 60s and feel like 30 again at Hedo. Although not lifestylers we were there during lifestyle month the past two years and looking forward to this year again. The first year we were there, there were some PDAs, last year there were a lot more so I think it really depends on what group is there at the time. No one has ever done or said anything to us that would be considered inappropriate even in the "Vanilla World"...OK, naked hugs from friends new and old notwithstanding!

    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 Kitten and Angel's Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 Kitten and Angel's Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling

    "If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

  15. #15
    Registered User we2are469's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    510
    Ah yes forgot about the sand fleas. They really got to me last year. We like sitting in the shade of the trees on the beach, that's where they live. People sitting in the sun don't usually have that problem. If your having a PDA on the sand, it could be a problem.
    And the PDA's at the late night hot tub are hard to see, because the lights are really dim. And then they are covered with lounge mats also.

    Come and have fun with us, we won't bite.

    Ray
    Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly,
    laugh insanely, fuck like there is no tomorrow, and forgive quickly.
    Butt Crack Tours April 2019
    Biff's Bunch April 21 2019

Similar Threads

  1. Newbies here with lots of questions
    By cd_couple87 in forum General Adult Travel
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 10:28 AM
  2. Hedo II newbies - a few questions
    By bbreik87 in forum Hedonism II
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 06:51 PM
  3. newbies with bicurious wife questions!!!
    By newbiesjan09 in forum Hedonism III
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-23-2009, 11:35 PM
  4. Newbies With Attire Questions
    By FunNJCouple in forum Hedonism III
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 08:38 AM
  5. Newbies Top 10 Questions??
    By iPAL&GrlSct in forum Hedonism II
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-18-2007, 05:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •