Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing Little & Packing Light

Blog Entries

Wearing Little & Packing Light

Although Hedo Vets know that they will be naked most of the time at the resort (except for check-in, check-out, breakfast and dinner), and wear very little during the rest of their time in Jamaica, it wasn't until my 4th Trip that I learned not to pack too much stuff.

Last year, two Hedo vets told me their secret. For a week-long Hedo Trip, they pack each day's clothes/costumes/accessories/jewelry into one large 2-2 1/2 gallon ZipLock bag for a total of seven ZipLock bag each. There are additional large ZipLock bags for toiletries, since they will each use a 7-day supply of suntan oil/lotion, mouthwash, shaving cream, nail polish, etc., like on any other week-long vacation. There are also additional large ZipLock bags for each pair of shoes/sandals. (Shoes are a packing problem for most people...I try to limit myself to 3-4 pairs including sandals and the comfortable shoes I wear to the Airport). Extra ZipLock bags are brought for packing souveniers (rum bottles, etc) to take home. The ZipLock bag trick helps discipline them when packing, saves time and thinking about what to wear each day down at Hedo, and really helps avoid a mess if a bottle of mouthwash leaks or if bottle of rum breaks inside their luggage from the rough handling at the Airports.

I tried the ZipLock trick on my last Hedo Trip, and it really works well. Are there any other Hedo Vets that always pack too much? Anyone ever pack too little for a Hedo Trip (if that is possible)?
    Last edited by Jamaica Joe; 09-22-2012 at 10:30 PM.

I always pack way too much. But since there is no Walmart/Target down the road, I would rather over pack then under pack.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Can't fit the go go boots in a ziplock ...should I leave them home ...nope

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    I always pack way too much. But since there is no Walmart/Target down the road, I would rather over pack then under pack.
    I agree- I'd much rather have clothes or costumes I don't use, or extra toiletries and suntan lotion, than not enough.

Laura

Can we use a Hefty bag for the toys and lube?

Hedo II: March 12-18, 2010
    Hedo II: March 20-26, 2011
    Hedo II: March 17-24, 2012
    Hedo II: March 23-30, 2013

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by millionsnmilo View Post
    I should mention that I try to pack most of my footwear, a book, and iPod dock/speakers in my carry-on luggage bag.

I really is simply astounding how much we pack and carry for a nude vacation. It just doesn't make sense!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    If we each have two pieces of luggage,would that be considered having packed heavy,light,or about right?
    NN

We take 2 of the largest suitcases permitted. Last year they both were right at 50lbs each. The only carry on is my Bahafresh cup so I can carry on a double --double bloody mary (jet rock won't let you leave with them anymore.. if they see), laptop, and a book.

I really hate feeling like a pack mule.

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

"Can we use a Hefty bag for the toys and lube? "
    Sounds like your ready to party,hell yes!!!
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.........as long as you're not overweight. This year for the trip we had 4 pieces of luggage weighing almost 180 pounds total. Of course most of that was "stuff" for the Jamaican Waterslide Team, but even we felt that we had gone way overboard this year. After 27 trips to one or the other Hedo's, we have this list that started on an early trip with, "Gee........wish we had brought (fill in the blanks) with us................"

Quote Originally Posted by millionsnmilo View Post
    They actually make a Ziploc bag big enough for those boots now...LOL!!

I generally pack just about the right amount of clothes. I figure in the events, what the group will be doing and if I plan on going somewhere. If I need to I can always hand wash something. I generally have most of my little things individually zip-locked for safety and I've always limited myself to one checked bag! So far....I said so far!
    Promises may get friends but
    'tis performance that keeps them

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunset Bill View Post
    Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.........as long as you're not overweight. This year for the trip we had 4 pieces of luggage weighing almost 180 pounds total. Of course most of that was "stuff" for the Jamaican Waterslide Team, but even we felt that we had gone way overboard this year. After 27 trips to one or the other Hedo's, we have this list that started on an early trip with, "Gee........wish we had brought (fill in the blanks) with us................"
    Every Trip, I forget to bring the game "Twister" !

We're planning on cramming into 2 carry-ons this trip. We're only going for 5 nights which helps keep the packing light. I suppose it depends on how involved you plan to be with theme nights (for example, a pimp hat takes up a lot of room). We will 'dress up' for the themes but won't get too crazy. D is able to fit most of her outfits into gallon-sized baggies. (I know, awesome huh?) Shoes are the space-taker-uppers. So far the only true bummer is that, with carry-ons, we need to limit liquids to the 3oz rule. So we can't take the big bottle of sunblock. What we save in checked-baggage fees, etc, we'll pay for in the gift shop by buying a bottle of over-priced sunblock. We'll let you know how this luggage experiment goes.

Blog Entries
    Wow...I don't think I could spend a week on vacation--even Hedo-- with just the contents of one carry-on bag (and no checked luggage)! Shoes/boots and costumes can really take up luggage space, and I like to bring a sizable bottle of mouthwash and plenty of suntan lotion/oil with me. I suppose if Hedo was an all-nude, all the time resort, then I could make do with only one carry-on bag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast