Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breezes Sold!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveVoodooTravl View Post
    I don't think Hedo is going anywhere. These other first class resorts like Fantasy are great because the force the owners current or new to keep up with the times. Competition is a good thing!
    Yes I agree with that somewhat? I also think that these other resorts are really trying to delve into that Hedo market because they realize how much money is to be made on the Nude stylists. That is why we see more resorts like Hedo opening. Still to get the party going like we do is a challenge because we tend to go back to Hedo again and again. Why?

1. I think the Hedonites have shown how dedicated we are to an idea of a vacation being what the consumer wants period. 2. The resort realized the more you please a guest this rebounds to return visits. 3. We work hard for our vacation dollars and choose to spend it at Hedo. 4. The Travel Agents have made many dollars booking repeaters for the style resorts. 5. Securing employment for the Staff at the resort i.e. one server has to work two years serving coffee and water before they are promoted that is a good thing. 6. We are the best Marketing stratagey this Resort gained over the years. The old (Word of Mouth) advertising. Survey says "____", 7. When I think about it? My view is the other resorts may get a return guest once maybe twice meaning (PRUDE ONLY RESORTS), but these vacationers tend to look for new vacation locations during a lifetime. NONE of them can say they have had the same couple back over twenty times ever? Can they? 8. A bird comes back to the nest, and so we call Hedo "HOME". 9. DIF. 10. My bucket list!!!!! 11. Location is ideal. 12. Expand the resort. 13. Hubby and I will continue to return to Hedo as long as the theme we enjoy stays until we are unable to travel there i.e. bus, car, boat, plane, space ship...LOL. 14. Beam me up Scotty. 15. If we had 400 couples per week times 52 weeks a year at $1000 each comes up to over 20 million a year. 16. Expand this resort to accomodate 400 couples/guests. 17. over 20 mil and this place will see the bottom line go up.
    Last edited by PeasnapodX2; 09-15-2012 at 12:13 AM. Reason: spell check

Agree with Peasnapod - No place like Hedo. The Mexican resorts have their benefits but it is still going to Mexico. Many of my friends just won't go cause the ganja is not cool, the water cannot be had (so many get sick even when they are careful), the staff, even though they provide good service - just don't get it like the Jamaican's do. The "adult" resorts feel more like regular resorts that just allow designated areas - I dunno - guess it's difficult to put into words. Isn't that typical of a Hedo vacation - when you get back it's almost impossible to put the experience into words. I think people have searched elsewhere because yes the resort has gone down hill in some ways - but with all the change of ownerships - one can only hope that the resort ends up in someone's hands who understands what they have. Heck, obviously, SuperClubs doesn't truly understand what they have for that matter. Most vacations elsewhere after a few days I feel like I could go home and when it's time to leave I am usually ready to go. Hedo is the only exception. You see people crying in the lobby when it is time to go home. Hedonists, all of us, feel like the resort is "ours". I mean when you go there 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 times you kind of get that feeling. It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out. I am rooting for the resort!!

How many other resorts can say that they have been opened 31 years and counting??
    Hedo 3 Nov 2009
    Hedo 2 Nov 2010
    Hedo 2 Nov 2011
    Hedo 2 Nov 2012
    Hedo 2 Nov 2013
    Hedo 2 Nov 2014
    Temptation Jan 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2017

Quote Originally Posted by keystone View Post
    Our group did a couple of beach walks in June and passed thru many of the other hotels on the beach.I was impressed by the upkeep many of the other resorts had ... however, what they lacked were people. Sure it was great to see a resturant right on the beach,drink service, but it was so boring ! I would guess most of the resorts were 25% full, as Hedo was at least 65% occupancy those weeks.
    My take would be any new owners would also see repeat guests and occupancy and would only want to come in and improve without changing it to a family resort. There are already alot of family resorts in Jamaica and so many are not full.
    I think Hedo will be around for a long time still and hope that if there are new owners, to invest in the property and just improve on what we all love !
    Bob
    ...that said. Without occupancy, upkeep tends to be less problematic (discounting economics). Which brings into play other questions regarding the home court.

Agree with Jon 100%. Hopefully one of these new resorts despite where they are "Get it" or if Hedo gets sold the new Owners will get it.

Am I missing something? The press release doesn't say anything about selling HEDO

Quote Originally Posted by Jeno View Post
    Am I missing something? The press release doesn't say anything about selling HEDO
    LOL... no, you're not missing anything....

Most definitely time for a panic! What if ...

Facts: There's a recession; Americans and Europeans are not traveling as mach or a long as in the recent past; labor costs on the island are high and staff more demanding of 'rights'.

So, with an excess of room capacity and low tourism growth on the horizon, some hotels will be closed, modified, mothballed.

Then there's significant growth in capacity in Mexico (an oil-rich country) with good wages and growth capability.

Will Hedo close? Who knows. It already changed once from Negril Beach Village (I remember it well).

Will Hedo change? I do hope so. I can see the need to upgrade the rooms, the service, the restaurants. The current management has lost touch with its client base. The guests are NOT all hard core swingers -- but ordinary people who like to let things go a bit. Read the comments on these pages and guests still want good service, good booze, good food and a place to play (without intimidation). You'll also notice people venturing to other resorts (as they get older perhaps) and enjoying the experience.

So perhaps some changes are timely and desirable. The costs at Hedo will probably need to go up. That will change who visits (particularly in this recession).

Just my comment

PNK

Quote Originally Posted by Jeno View Post
    Hedo has not been sold, and are operating on the assumption that it isnt.
    Plans are being made, things are good here.
    The EC's are working the rooms and at least one by the nude pool all afternoon.
    Saw a room getting new paint scheme, no more battleship grey.
    Saw bathroom with new tileing and shower doors.
    LOVE the new fans in the dining room.
    Augustus is back on the nude beach (here as I am typing this, said to tell everyone Hi)
    We always want things to be better, who wouldnt.
    The staff knows of the rumors of the resort being sold but taking it like I am, they dont know any hard facts and are operating like they will be here for a long time.
    Nick and Winston (Winstina) are rocking the stage and with Thomas in the Piano Bar.
    Until some hard facts come out there is nothing any of us can do, but continue on and enjoy our home.
    Keep suggesting our improvements, and enjoying our second home.
    (We miss you Phillygirl)
    Cop on the scene at Hedo II..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Cop N Kitten - Honest evaluation of Thomas at the piano bar? Assume that is the new piano player?

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Cop for the on-scene report. I'll try to do the same when I return next month. It sure beats speculation. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon and Janet View Post
    Cop N Kitten - Honest evaluation of Thomas at the piano bar? Assume that is the new piano player?
    All my evaluations are honest.
    He is extremely talented and we enjoy him greatly.
    He does need to learn more songs and is getting better day by day at interacting with the crowds.
    The place was packed last night and still jumping when we left at 12:20am.
    Cop.l
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

And I will of course have a full trip report when I get back to the states.
    Cop..

Oh, and he's actually playing the piano, in the piano bar. Not digital keyboard with techno crap and spending half the night trying to get people on the piano instead of playing.
    We hope he is still there when our group returns in April.
    Cop..

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Hedo has not been sold, and are operating on the assumption that it isnt.
    Plans are being made, things are good here.
    The EC's are working the rooms and at least one by the nude pool all afternoon.
    Saw a room getting new paint scheme, no more battleship grey.
    Saw bathroom with new tileing and shower doors.
    LOVE the new fans in the dining room.
    Augustus is back on the nude beach (here as I am typing this, said to tell everyone Hi)
    We always want things to be better, who wouldnt.
    The staff knows of the rumors of the resort being sold but taking it like I am, they dont know any hard facts and are operating like they will be here for a long time.
    Nick and Winston (Winstina) are rocking the stage and with Thomas in the Piano Bar.
    Until some hard facts come out there is nothing any of us can do, but continue on and enjoy our home.
    Keep suggesting our improvements, and enjoying our second home.
    (We miss you Phillygirl)
    Cop on the scene at Hedo II..
    Thanks for the update...will be on property in 18 days and can not wait to get there!!!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast