Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breezes Sold!!

Breezes Sold!!

Breezes Negril was sold to couples today. Dont know what that means for Hedo if anything. But thought you all would want to know.

Actually, according to the press release, they are in negotiations.

COUPLES AND SUPERCLUBS IN NEGOTATIONS RE BREEZES GRAND NEGRIL,

KINGSTON, SEPTEMBER 11, 2012:- Lee Issa, Chairman Couples Resorts and John Issa, Chairman, SuperClubs Resorts, announced today that both parties are involved in firm negotiations concerning Breezes Grand Negril. These negotiations are expected to conclude on or before November 30, 2012, at which time a more detailed statement will be issued.

During the negotiations, the operations of Breezes Grand Negril will continue normally and all forward bookings will be honoured up to and after November 30, 2012.

About Couples Resorts:

Couples Resorts, headquartered in Montego Bay, Jamaica, owns and operates four properties in Jamaica – Couples Tower Isle, Couples Sans Souci, Couples Swept Away and Couples Negril. Pioneered by the legendary Abe Issa, “father of Jamaican tourism,” each Couples Resort is an unsurpassed model of the all-inclusive resorts concept, boldly designed with local inspiration to create a harmonic sense of nature and authentic Caribbean spirit. For over 33 years, Couples has delighted guests and refined the Caribbean all-inclusive resort experience by providing unparalleled service, exceptional dining experiences and exclusive added value inclusions. For further information please visit http://couples.com/.

About SuperClubs:

SuperClubs, the world’s only Super-Inclusive resort group, headed by John Issa, the “Father of the All-Inclusive vacation”, includes properties in the following brand categories: Breezes Resorts – Breezes Bahamas; Breezes Búzios Resort & Spa in Brazil; Breezes Varadero, Breezes Jibacoa and Breezes Bella Costa; Hedonism II in Jamaica. SuperClubs also operates and independently markets affiliate ROOMS Resorts in Ocho Rios and Negril, and Jamaica’s Negril Beach Villa.

Every SuperClubs holiday is Super-Inclusive – accommodations; all meals, SuperSnacks and premium brand cocktails; unlimited use of all sports facilities, including equipment rental and instruction; entertainment; weddings; recreational activities; and hotel taxes. Tipping is not allowed. For more information or reservations, contact SuperClubs at (800) GO-SUPER (467-8737) or visit their website at www.superclubs.com
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

So glad our vacation is before Nov 30 and I sure hope the Adult Couple Hedo theme stays the same. I hope the new owners realize that this is a one of a kind style and a style of fun that is here to stay. To loose all of us would be a loss of major income for a resort in deep need of upgrade. What dump a ton of money into a place for family. There are tons of family resorts on the planet. We are die hard hedonites. I sure hope our future at H2 does not change..............

Quote Originally Posted by PeasnapodX2 View Post
    So glad our vacation is before Nov 30 and I sure hope the Adult Couple Hedo theme stays the same. I hope the new owners realize that this is a one of a kind style and a style of fun that is here to stay. To loose all of us would be a loss of major income for a resort in deep need of upgrade. What dump a ton of money into a place for family. There are tons of family resorts on the planet. We are die hard hedonites. I sure hope our future at H2 does not change..............
    Breezes next door to Hedo was sold and is now going to be called Couples Grand Negril. No mention of Hedo's fate yet!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Hedo was not sold as of today. Despite what the press release says Breezes is sold. I have confirmation at the very highest level.

Keep in mind also if Hedo does get sold it is not necessarily a bad thing. I think everyone including the staff would love to see someone put some money into it.

Kinda scary though at the same time... Yikes, what if Royal Decameron picks it up and turns it into another prude resort like they did to H III.

What I love about Hedo is a vacation with other guests that are like minded, and of course the off resort excursions. A couples resort is just that to me. Change of ownership may be a good thing? Change the Name? Just keep the theme upgrade the rooms and I feel sure the hedonites that left will also return. The issue of food to me it is good not fab. When you think about it our price to stay there is comprable to the food when feeding a bunch of folks. I would not be able to stay as long if the prices go up to improve food quality. To me if they address the rooms problems for our comfort when we do sleep there that is a plus. I did have a shower with broken heads, missing tiles, cold not hot water. These may be things that should be fixed. Hubby and I were discussing the fact there is no other resort that brings back the same guests as often as Hedo. There are tons of family and a few couples partially nude locations to pick from but we do keep Hedo in business and we also encourage others to come join us for a one of a kind vacation they won't find anywhere in the world. I told Hubby this is not the Playboy mansion with Very High Dollar food but it is the next best thing in my view. If Hedo turns into H3 we will be looking for another place to go.
    Do you know of a resort that has groups like the Fluff's etc. that bring in year round repeat guests? I look at that from the owner standpoint having had a previous business of my own that return customers are just a valuable as the property. This is money in the bank. I also think they can offset the slow times of year to us die hards by offering great special short stays for us so they can keep the place at capasity.

Isn't there already a Couples resort right across the street from Tim Air? Interesting....I'm sure they wouldn't have two Couples resorts next door to each other unless, of course, they're not planning on turning it into another Couples but something entirely different????? That should get the rumor mill going...Peace!

There is a lot more competition out there now. Desire, Desire Pearl (super nice), and now Fantasy in Puerto Vallarta. Its CRAZY nice. Rooms are actually small condos first class, and half have private pools, 2 huge infinity pools, gormet food, and there is more to do in Puerto Vallarta. Unreal excursions! Its only a little more than Hedo, and less than Desire. I love Hedo but its hard to justify the price, considering the condition of the property.

Registered User shellysdoughboy's Avatar
    Still just alittle more than hedo is still a little more than a lot of us can afford , either way it sucks being on shaky ground .... Either way will have to follow the LVD crowd where ever they go for Lovevoodoo fest ! Ain't no way we are gonna miss another party like that one !
    HEDO 2 NOVEMBER 13-21 , 2009
    HEDO 2 JULY 13-17,2010
    HEDO 2 NOVEMBER 10-21 , 2010

HEDO 2 MARCH 5-12 , 2011
    Hedo 2 November 9-20 , 2011 homeward bound !
    HEDO 2 MARCH 4 - 12 , 2012

FREEDOM OF THE SEAS NOV. 2012
    hedo2 july 28- aug. 3 2012
    jewel of the seas tamp 2013
    FREEDOM OF THE SEAS Nov. 2013

Brilliance of the seas Jan.27-Feb 1 -2014

hedo march 6-14 , miss no swim suit -2014
    Hedo March 7-14 , 2015 miss no swim suit
    Hedo March 2-12 , 2016 miss no swim suit

We are hopeful that Hedo remains and the format does not change. Upgrades would be nice but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water. If we ever won the lottery everyone on this board would get a free trip to the NEW IMPROVED HEDONISM 2!!!! Brought to you by the Reid's lol

Our group did a couple of beach walks in June and passed thru many of the other hotels on the beach.I was impressed by the upkeep many of the other resorts had ... however, what they lacked were people. Sure it was great to see a resturant right on the beach,drink service, but it was so boring ! I would guess most of the resorts were 25% full, as Hedo was at least 65% occupancy those weeks.
    My take would be any new owners would also see repeat guests and occupancy and would only want to come in and improve without changing it to a family resort. There are already alot of family resorts in Jamaica and so many are not full.
    I think Hedo will be around for a long time still and hope that if there are new owners, to invest in the property and just improve on what we all love !
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Quote Originally Posted by keystone View Post
    Our group did a couple of beach walks in June and passed thru many of the other hotels on the beach.I was impressed by the upkeep many of the other resorts had ... however, what they lacked were people. Sure it was great to see a resturant right on the beach,drink service, but it was so boring ! I would guess most of the resorts were 25% full, as Hedo was at least 65% occupancy those weeks.
    My take would be any new owners would also see repeat guests and occupancy and would only want to come in and improve without changing it to a family resort. There are already alot of family resorts in Jamaica and so many are not full.
    I think Hedo will be around for a long time still and hope that if there are new owners, to invest in the property and just improve on what we all love !
    Bob
    Amen brother!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

I don't think Hedo is going anywhere. These other first class resorts like Fantasy are great because the force the owners current or new to keep up with the times. Competition is a good thing!

I second third and fourth all of that.. Win the Lotto folks and I am totally in...Don't ya think if we take the Hedo theme somewhere else all will follow...Ya I hear LVD is fun and I just can't wait for the Nov trip to find out what the Hype is about on this group.. The resort is sold out because of the group it has got to be fun and the goat races will be a blast cause I ain't gonna miss that for all the money in the world.....NO not me. The new owners to be should check out this forum before making a purchase. The more you know about why we love this place the best plan of action can be achieved. If this resort could be solidified to the current format what would it take on our part to insure this? Turn it into a timeshare? Where we are forever owners of it and had a voting say in needed upgrades? Chipping in yearly dues?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast