Thread: Key West in August

Key West in August

We will be in Key West August 24-26. We are already planning on going to the Garden of Eden so she can dance naked. Anybody know any other places we should check out? Quick trip but we want to pack a whole lot of fun in a short time.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Key West at any time always has potential to be more fun than you can imagine...more so in October during Fantasy Fest...and there are no scheduled major events during your stay. (http://www.keywesttravelguide.com/barsandnightlife.html)

I would plan on visiting the touristy bars like Sloppy Joes, Margaritaville, Capt. Tony's, Green Parrot, etc but definitely spend some time @ Irish Kevin's when they have live music which tends to get raucous and wild and includes the audience.

Enjoy a great breakfast at Blue Heaven, a late night snack-meal at Jacks, one of the drag shows at 801 or La Te Da, a deli meal from Fausto's Grocery and great souvenir shopping at Walgreens on Duval Street (now that Fast Buck Freddies is closed).

Catch a sunset on top of the La Concha and for a nice, traditional dessert, try the Key Lime Pie Factory down by the wharf....

Watch for traffic, bikes, ctyles and the conch train when doing the Duval Crawl.

Have safe fun! :-)

That is an excellent breakdown Ann... If I ever get to Key West it has to be with you and Charlie !
    Bob ( Ken )

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Thank you Slut! Do the regular bars, like Cpt Tonys, get wild too? I know it is a crazy place. I didnt know if they would frown on titties in the mainstream bars. We have planned a moon light at Latitudes and dessert at Better Than Sex. Thanks for the breakfast tip. Anybody else have advice?

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the kudos Bob and I'd love to take you on a tour of the sights and sounds of Duval Street and then to the lesser known but sometimes equally wild and crazy.

And Txrings--I know Irish Kevins can get wild during non-Fantasy Fest times and there have been some times the same with Capt. Tony's---especially when cruise ships are in town and right before they are scheduled to leave port. What happens is usually spontaneous and short-lived so trying to plan anything is speculative at best. The Garden of Eden is a good choice but even then, depending on the crowd, it can be hit/miss.

Key West in August also

We will also be in Key West in August 31 & Sept 1st for the Brew Fest
    To bad we will miss you.
    I think we will check out this Garden of Eden

We were in Key West in April. We always stay at Marreros which is only a half block off Duval. It's a great place and has a nude pool area. We went to dinner with a couple we met at the pool. After dinner and bar hopping we wound up at the Garden of Eden. It was quite late and not much was going on...just a bar crowd and two naked men hanging around. A nice gentle rain began to fall and it wasn't long and the four of us were dancing naked in the rain together. It was so much fun and so sexy too. When it finally stopped raining we headed back for a late night skinny dip together and well....let's just say it was an amazing night!

WOW! Dakotacpl. Ya'll sound like a hell of a lot of fun!

We try to be! Hope you have a great trip . Key West is a FUN place!