Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bar etiquette?

Bar etiquette?

*prepares to be lambasted*

During our most recent trip, a number of times the nude bar was understaffed. During these times, on a number of occasions, someone would come to the bar and make a massive drink order. "18 purple motherfuckers" or "12 dirty bananas" or "6 rum creams, 4 daquiris, and 3 mudslides" etc. While bar service was already slow, this really slowed things down, making it 20 to 30 minutes before the bartender could get caught back up (usually due to another bartender happening by with ice and helping out).

While we all deserve to get whatever drinks we want, is it too much to ask that if you see the bar slammed with people, to try and keep your drink orders to a more reasonable number?
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

I am fairly sure that person was not drinking all 12 shots themselves! So whether the whole pool hovers around the bar, or one person volunteers to leave the fun for a half hour, the guests deserve to drink what they want. The problem is with the staffing, not the guests.
    In my 3 trips I can honestly say the bar staff has been the WORST part of the whole trip. (except my jamaican sweetie Eldon!)
    Running out of alcohol, mixers, glasses, and always horribly understaffed.

So yes, imo, it would be too much to ask.
    But I understand your frustration!

I agree with Phillygirl - that was probably one person ordering for a group of people. So instead of 10/20 people coming over and ordering one dity banana at a time, there were drinks ordered for 10 people. Makes sense to me. Just sucks to be next after that person, lol.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Blog Entries
    In the past the bar service was much better for sure. Couple of years ago I got tired of waiting and wandered up to the gift shop, got a bottle of Appleton ($16) and brought it down to the hottub where there is ice, and soda, whereas we all have our own cups there were no lines and no waiting till it was gone.

Yea, it's all inclusive and all, but $16 isn't going to ruin my vacation and I don't like waiting
    Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

The thing we saw on our last trip was someone coming up and ordering 10 damn douchey shots that are made with 3 to 4 different colored liquors. Those things take forever to make and slow everything down. Does drinking multi-colored shots make you cooler or something?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by takemetonegril View Post
    In the past the bar service was much better for sure. Couple of years ago I got tired of waiting and wandered up to the gift shop, got a bottle of Appleton ($16) and brought it down to the hottub where there is ice, and soda, whereas we all have our own cups there were no lines and no waiting till it was gone.

Yea, it's all inclusive and all, but $16 isn't going to ruin my vacation and I don't like waiting
    Cheers
    we did the same thing.... its not a big price to pay for not having to make that trip to the bar when you can't see the bar for ppl....lol..... we will also be doing that on our next trip also..... just makes it easier

Blog Entries
    Totally agree with Phillygirl22. I've totally been waiting what seems like forever for drinks at super busy times at the nude pool bar and piano bar. But who wants to check others drinks to see if they ordered too many, or requested multiple drinks with too many ingredients (takes too long to make). Who's gonna police that? (Well I guess Cop could do it, lol) Drink limits per person would suck! I have patiently waited behind some pretty big orders and felt the pain of a long wait at the nude bar, yet it never crosses my mind that these people should drink something faster to make, or not order so many drinks at one time. My thought is wow there should be 2 sets of Delroy and Scumba today...see it as a staffing issue. In my humble opinion, you can't fault the customer for the number or types of drinks they want at any given time. We all know that Hedo has its operational kinks. Staffing and stocking the bars at peak times (nude bar especially) is certainly one of them. My problem is that when Dude goes to the bar, he ends up running his mouth with whoever's there and 15-20 minutes later I go to the bar and grab the drinks from his hands...LOL

At the VERY least they should have 3 barkeeps at all times at the nude pool: one for landside, two for pool side. And reversing the beer tap would be pure genius. Does anyone really need their beer poured for them? I think not.
    Maybe even a closer soda fountain and some basics set at a "serve yourself" station??? (They do it at breakfast!)
    I don't know, but I certainly can not get upset for people ordering their drinks, multi-ingredient or not! They paid good money to be there!

We bring a large bubba pitcher for woowoos. We use it for flip cup and shots all day. It's about 50 ounces and I imagine that there are probably 36 or so shots in it once the ice is accounted for. While I understand the frustration of waiting for your drink, in my mind I am taking care of 36 or so drinks at once with one trip, which in the long run makes for fewer trips to the bar. Any blame at all in my mind needs to rest on the food and beverage scheduling that short staffs the bar on a regular basis.
    I love PG's idea of a larger self serve station.
    Nick (and the thirsty Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

I definitely agree that the root cause of the issue is lack of staffing by SC at the bar(s). The whole topic would be a non-issue if there were more bartenders.

And I certainly wouldn't want to volunteer to be the drink police, by any means.

I'm probably more susceptible to this than many, since I drink water out of my Bubba Keg and drinks out of their small glasses, in order to assist myself in staying hydrated. Perhaps I'll just have two Kegs next year.

Thanks for disagreeing without turning evil on the topic. I'm perfectly fine with being wrong on this subject.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

CP- not sure whether your last comment was directed at my disagreement or the tone of the conversation in general but I am glad to see it as well. The reason I have over 2k posts here and only about 500 on the "other" board is because most of the time people here are nicer to eachother and less prone to being vicious when they disagree with a statement or opinion. It can get downright ugly over there.
    For us, we carry the water bubba all week long every trip- it's pretty much a constant companion. We also use 24 oz insulated cups but neither of us drink anything elaborate usually- rum and diet, vodka ting. Personally I like seeing some of the stuff people order- sometimes we discover new things that way- god knows I never would have come up with a monkey brains shot on my own!
    Counting down- 384 hours total, 192 hours at work (8- 24 hour shifts), tons of packing, some re-toxing, and one triathlon til we are on the plane!
    Nick (and the so so sexy in scubs Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Oh yeah! Two mugs is a no brainer!

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    And reversing the beer tap would be pure genius. Does anyone really need their beer poured for them? I think not.
    Maybe even a closer soda fountain and some basics set at a "serve yourself" station??? (They do it at breakfast!)
    Now there is a GRRRREATTTTT suggestion... self serve beer!!! It could eveen be added to the self serve station- why not, at an adults only place? I bet it would cut way down on the bartending backlog!

Laura

Blog Entries
    They actually used to have bottles of Appleton at the self-serve drink station by the nude pool in our early years of going there..2001-2004 ish, and then they just stopped doing it. There was a daquiri machine like at the main bar and bottles of Appleton the brown and the white all over the place. Even when we used to go to Breezes Montego Bay (also Superclubs) it was the same way...Appleton bottles everywhere. Wish they would at least do that again. It would total help relieve the bar scene. In the meantime, we will continue to use our 24 oz mugs for drinks and our 64 oz Bubba Keg for ice and water.
    Next: H2 - Nov 5 - Nov 14 2015 Dirty Perv
    H2 – 5- 24 - 5-28-14
    H2 – 10 24 - Nov. 2 '14
    Desire - RM&Pearl – 6-26 - 7-2-14
    H2 – LVD 11 8 - 16, 2013
    H2 – Jul 22 - 31, '12
    H2 - Dec 5 - 11, '11
    H2 - Jul 22 - 29, '11
    H2 - May 28 - Jun 4 '11
    H2 - LVD Fest - Nov 13 - 20, '10
    H3 - Jul 23 - 26 '10
    H2 - May 29 - Jun 5 - '10
    H2 - LVD - Nov '09
    Gr. Lido & H2 May 2009 Wedding&Hnymoon
    H2 July - '06: H2 - Oct '07: H2 - May '08

I would guess that people would "steal" the bottles of rum to take home. So that is why they probably stopped doing that
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast