Thread: What's with the end of Aug?

Registered User gandltunnelhill's Avatar

What's with the end of Aug?

Hello, everyone. My wonderful wife and I are traveling to Hedo on the 22nd-30th of Aug. I couldn't help but notice there are no groups during this time and there are not many people we have talked to that will be there during this time frame. I didn't know if this was the week that the Zombies attack Jamaica or what? If my wife and I are going to become flesh hungry monsters let us know or if you are awesome and going to be there during this time period that would be nice to know as well. Us humans got to stick together during the zombie apocalypses.

LOL, very cool post, especially considering the recent newsworthy zombie like attacks. Not sure about the time period, as we go a bit later in the year, but I think as long as you stay away from Kingston you'll be free of zombie worries. As a matter of fact, we were the only zombies we saw at hedo during halloween week last year. And while no brains were consumed, I can't honestly say that there wasn't at least a little bit of flesh eating that went down.
    Connie and Mick from Reno, NV

Trip # 2... Oct. 27th - Nov. 6th, 2011

Trip # 3.... Oct. 26th - Nov. 4th, 2012

Trip # 4 ... Oct. 30th - Nov. 8th, 2013

Yahoo...... Dancing_2Some
    SLS......... Dancing2some
    AFF......... Dancing2some

Given the dates you are looking at I imagine it has something to do with the school year. I know that in the past we have lost people from our group depending on where our dates fell compared to their kids' school schedules. A lot of people would find it very difficult to go on vacation right after the kids go back.
    Nick (and the darling Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Registered User gandltunnelhill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickandKitty View Post
    Given the dates you are looking at I imagine it has something to do with the school year. I know that in the past we have lost people from our group depending on where our dates fell compared to their kids' school schedules. A lot of people would find it very difficult to go on vacation right after the kids go back.
    Nick (and the darling Kitty)tm

Ah, didn't think of that. Thanks

No worries- it is something we have had to contend with every year.... until next trip... ours graduates in 2013 then we will probably still go the same time of year but only because that's when all of our friends go!
    Nick (and the proud mama Kitty)tm
    Last edited by NickandKitty; 06-04-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

I suspect that you're looking at a lower occupancy time, considering both that US schools are starting to be started back up, and it's hot as Hades at that time of year. It's the off season. That being said, I'm sure there will be others there, and one year in June a few years back, we were there for a week that was about 15% occupancy. If you rounded up the entire resort, you'd all fit comfortably in the nude pool and noone would feel crowded. While it was definitely not a blockbuster week like we've experienced at other times, it was still a fantastic vacation, and the more intimate, lower occupancy feel allowed us to get to know a lot more folks.

Another thing to keep in mind is that for a lot of travelers, they don't start paying attention to this forum until a month or maybe two before their trip, so you may see a few more folks show up in the coming weeks.

On the up side, during a slow week, your odds of being upgraded to a higher room category are significantly increased. When we were there for the 15% occupancy week, they have garden view prude shut down completely, and most folks were put into ocean view nude, regardless of what they'd booked.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gandltunnelhill View Post
    Hello, everyone. My wonderful wife and I are traveling to Hedo on the 22nd-30th of Aug. I couldn't help but notice there are no groups during this time and there are not many people we have talked to that will be there during this time frame. I didn't know if this was the week that the Zombies attack Jamaica or what? If my wife and I are going to become flesh hungry monsters let us know or if you are awesome and going to be there during this time period that would be nice to know as well. Us humans got to stick together during the zombie apocalypses.
    Yeah, school, hot as hades & a higher chance of a hurricane rolling in. You do get magical upgrades during slow weeks. Slow doesn't mean bad, either! You get to know more people better, you get your food & drinks faster, there is no problem getting a table or stool in the bar and a better chance at a shady spot.

This may or may not be a factor...but the Hedo reunion at Sandy Hook is usually held on the last weekend in August.

My husband and I will be there Aug 18-25. We usually go to St Maarten during these dates (as it is his birthday), however, Delta has stopped flying non-stop to SXM from Atlanta so we thought we would try something different this year.
    We are very excited as we have never experienced the "freedom" that Hedo provides!

we will be there Aug 26-Sept 2. We usually go end of May, but do to other factors that didn't work for us plus this was the only week over a 6 month period USAir had low point value frequent flyer seats available. We are so looking forward to our trip.

gandltunnelhill --- since you get there before us you will need to warm the place up and take care of the zombies - unless they like to party and have fun then the more the merrier