Thread: Anything Like Hedo?

Blog Entries

Anything Like Hedo?

I've been to Hedo II a few times and enjoy the friendly guests and staff, as well as the sexually-charged atmosphere--especially when it is busy. But Hedo II is an older resort that lacks some of the amenities (though you don't really go to Hedo for the rooms or the food ).

I understand that Caliente Tampa is a much nicer and newer resort in terms of amenities (it opened in 2004, I think). But is it anything like Hedo in terms of friendly people and atmosphere? Or is it a more reserved AANR nudist type of place? What is a good time of year to go for more of a Hedo-type experience? Just wondering...

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Actually,I came to this site to meet Caliente people as we have been the last three years and have had a little difficulty
    in "breaking the ice" etc.Generally speaking,it is a very nice modern facility where straight laced nudists live and peacefully
    coexist with the lifestyle crowd in order to keep the place afloat financially.In my opinion it is a generally well run and wonderful
    place.However,there is NO BEACH and pda's can get you thrown out but a little bit of it does go on very late at night and
    management mostly looks the other way but I would not count on it as an ironclad rule.The place is mostly dead until the
    third Thursday of the month from what I gather as the AAHZ group comes then and puts on a theme party.That's why we
    go then,even though we are not in the lifestyle,as the place is packed and the nightclub is rocking Thurs-Saturday night.
    They have a meetngreet on Fridays for those who are so inclined to attend.It is not HEDO but it is a nice place if you can
    deal with the limitations.But we are looking for a place with a beach that does not frown on a little affection between old
    married folks and hopefully has hot and cold running water.;-)
    Naughty Nudists

Blog Entries
    The Hedo experience may have ruined other potential resort, beach, pool, and boating experiences for me. Lack of (and restrictions on) PDAs is no problem...I understand that no stateside vacation spot or resort could serve liquor and permit that. But if I have to wear a swimsuit or clothes outside my room, or can't take a drink with me whereever I go, then I'm not a happy camper!

Can I have an drink with me by, or in, the pool at Caliente?

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamaica Joe View Post
    The Hedo experience may have ruined other potential resort, beach, pool, and boating experiences for me. Lack of (and restrictions on) PDAs is no problem...I understand that no stateside vacation spot or resort could serve liquor and permit that. But if I have to wear a swimsuit or clothes outside my room, or can't take a drink with me whereever I go, then I'm not a happy camper!

Can I have an drink with me by, or in, the pool at Caliente?
    They do serve drinks poolside but absolutely no glass and I have never noticed anyone in the pool with one.It may be limited to
    beer in a can as I recall but you have to be advised I hardly ever drink!You also can have lunch poolside etc.You will notice the
    charge on your bill listed as "boutique charges" so don't freak out when you see it and thought you did not buy anything at the
    boutique.
    Naughty Nudists

Blog Entries
    No glass makes sense...plastic only is a good pool area rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaica Joe View Post
    I've been to Hedo II a few times and enjoy the friendly guests and staff, as well as the sexually-charged atmosphere--especially when it is busy. But Hedo II is an older resort that lacks some of the amenities (though you don't really go to Hedo for the rooms or the food ).

I understand that Caliente Tampa is a much nicer and newer resort in terms of amenities (it opened in 2004, I think). But is it anything like Hedo in terms of friendly people and atmosphere? Or is it a more reserved AANR nudist type of place? What is a good time of year to go for more of a Hedo-type experience? Just wondering...
    Caliente is nothing like Hedo and a waste of your money. The staff is rude, the place is dead unless there is a party there by people not members, you could be 20 yards from pool but have to walk 150 yards to main gate to get to pool, drinks are expensive, and the food is average.