Thread: Curious on your first time at a swingers club

Curious on your first time at a swingers club

We've never been to a swingers club but are considering giving it a shot. We've been to Hedo and had a good time. No hooking up but we didn't try either. My question is how are most new people that don't know anyone at a club treated? Do people stick with the groups of people they already know? Is it easy to interact with veterans? I'm sure every club is different but in general what have your experiences been like with new couples trying it for the first time?

If anybody in Indiana has local experience feel free to share.

We've become regulars at our local swingers club (TJ's Lasting Impressions in Duncannon, PA) but I'll relate our initial experiences. To start, we went only because they had a nude hot tub (we weren't swingers at all at the time) and it sounded like a little piece of Hedo. While standing in line to pay, the couple in front of us introduced themselves, and sort of took us under their wing. We explained our standing, and they were very cool with it. We really enjoyed our night there.

As the years have gone by, we've gone many many times to the club. I love talking to new people, and I'm the lowest pressure person in the world. No does truly mean no, especially at our club. I would expect it's the same most places. If it's not prohibitively expensive, I'd give it a shot, as we definitely have made many friends there, 99% of which we wouldn't do anything with. They're just great, open, people which make for amazing nights out.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

The club we belong to in CT (celebrating 39 years this month) seems to welcome new members every Saturday night. When you arrive, you are greeted by the male half of the couple that owns the club. Once he gets you checked in and you pay the fee, either his wife or a couple that has been members for a while (us included) will give you a tour of all 3 floors and tell you about what goes on, and what you can and cannot do. If it is a couple giving you the tour, you have just met some new people. We like to introduce people we give a tour around to other friends so that there is no awkwardness in meeting people. If it is the owner, all you have to do is ask them to introduce you to a few couples. You may find people that are in small groups that are cliquish just like you will at Hedo. Like ColonelPanic said, if the cost is not prohibitive, give it a try. Look into joining a site such as SLS (swinglifestyle) or swingerzonecentral. The SLS home page list clubs and parties in your area. If you find one or two, give them a try. Lifestyle people at clubs are usually just as accepting as the people at Hedo.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

We have tried several of the ones here in the San Diego area and our experiences have been mixed. The hosts were always very gracious and did a good job of taking us on tours of the facilities and introducing us as we went around. After that sometimes people were friendly, some were not. We found one club to be pretty club to be pretty clicky, lots of regulars and not terribly outgoing. That was fine- we are outgoing and loud enough that we just hit the hot tub and made our own party that was soon joined by some pretty awesome people.
    Other experiences have been pretty much middle of the road. I think the biggest problem we have run into at the clubs is that we like hearing the music being played, but the areas to do that and still be able to talk to people was pretty limited. We prefer to get to know people before playing and that makes it a little more difficult. We have more times than not just watched others and enjoyed them watching us- it's all good.
    I would suggest you go and just give it a try- put yourself out there and hopefully have a good time.
    Nick (and the inquisitive Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Thanks for the insight and advice!

We went to our first party recently purely by accident. We were coming home from a nude trip and our last flight was cancelled. The hotel the airline put us up at was hosting a local swingers group party. While we are not in the lifestyle we do enjoy watching and being watched. We decided to go to the party and everyone was very friendly. There were at least 50 cpls there and some single men and women. We got invited to sit at a table with some other cpls and had fun at the party. We got invited to an after party in a suite upstairs and it was absolutely mind blowing. We got invited back to their Sept. party too. All in all is was a great experience. Guess all we are trying to say is that if opportunity presents itself just go for it. Keep cool and be friendly and you will fit right in!

In my experience, it depends on whether it's "off-premises" or not. Been to both type in the north TX region and it's been awesome. one club was just really lame and the sexiest that it got was one girl taking off her shirt while playing pool (still had a bra on) and another took off pants. Aaaaaand... bad karaoke. That was it. Nobody was in the play room at any point.
    Another club? So awesome that I'm having trouble thinking up enough words. on-premises play place. Two hot tubs, beds everywhere, some with different thickness of curtains for privacy, and it was just SO much fun. There was no trouble talking with people, especially after a couple drinks. Although some weren't into playing there, others were. No big deal. It was a blast!

Oh, and the food was delicious. This one club in Dallas cooks up a pretty awesome food spread.

Indiana Swing clubs

Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimeGirl View Post
    We've never been to a swingers club but are considering giving it a shot. We've been to Hedo and had a good time. No hooking up but we didn't try either. My question is how are most new people that don't know anyone at a club treated? Do people stick with the groups of people they already know? Is it easy to interact with veterans? I'm sure every club is different but in general what have your experiences been like with new couples trying it for the first time?

If anybody in Indiana has local experience feel free to share.
    We have gone to a few clubs here in Indiana.A smile and hello is the best ice breaker. Most people are there to make new friends.