Thread: Hedo II - Is there anyplace else that comes close in comparison?

Hedo II - Is there anyplace else that comes close in comparison?

Are there any other resorts out there that are comparable to Hedo II in regards to the lifesyle, the openness, "acceptance/tolerance" of PDA's? I loved Hedo II, and I can't wait to go back... it's just nice to know what else is out there in case a travel opportunity presents it's self in one of those locations lol.

I know there are many experienced travelers on this forum, so I'd love to get some opinions from personal experience!
    First trip - Hedo Switch Hitters / Wild Women April 29 to May 6, 2012

Hedo - it was love at first sight!

There is desire's and temptations, both in c. america They look pretty, but a bit of a stretch for us, and we really like Jamaica

Have you visited both?

No, I haven't been to either, I just know 'of' them. Desire's is more swing oriented, from what I understand, though.

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have been to Desire once as well as Capd'Agde in France, and Hedo 7 times, Rooftop Resort 3 times, and have sent friends to Caliente Caribe on several occasions-all have Hedo-like qualities but there is still only 1 (one) Hedo....and while the others may have their "moments" that mimic Hedo, Hedo is Hedo day in and day out and there is no real substitute as far as my travels and experiences have taken me so far....

Blog Entries
    Temptations in Cancun we have been to a couple of time.... its alot of fun there... but its only topless and you can't do the PDA's out around the pool like you can at hedo.... Desire is couples only and from what we have heard the ppl there for the most part are alittle stuck up.... we will never go there... not our thing.... we have only been to hedo one time this past jan and loved it..... we are going back again jan 2013 for 8 days.... can't wait... but i think we will be back at temptations again someday....

Temptations Cancun is NOT in the same league as Hedo II: Fun, yes, casual, yes, nude, NO NO NO, Lifestyle friendly, a very big NO.

Desire Cancun is very similar to Hedo, with classier eating, more up to date facilities, and a very hard working staff (particularly the entertainers). As at any resort, there is a turn over of guests. Over many years and many visits, I would never describe the guests at Desire (or Hedo) as 'a little stuck up'. Groups at all resorts have their differences. Some are very exclusive -- they want to meet and play and interact with 'their own group only'. Other groups encourage everyone to join in whatever events they have organized. If you go to any resort with groups attending, you need to find out what the group's 'schtick' is and whether they are 'taking over' or welcoming everyone.

Temptations Los Cabos has been a great, fun, topless place, with naked overtones (at times). I'm expecting great reports from the newly recreated Desire Los Cabos -- great facilities and staff and eating. Let the fun times begin (again).

Yes Hedo is great fun. That's why we have been returning for 30 years. The place is getting tired and in need of a make over. The staff has, at times, been less than eager to work hard Desire has given us superb vacations but at a higher price point. Los Cabos (as desire and temptations) has been equally excellent but different at a wonderful price point.

So pick a good week. Find a group that works for yo, and pay up and enjoy -- at any of the three resorts.

PNK

I say we sick "hotel impossible" on them! Lol

if someone found that elusive 'hedo like place' i hope they'd let us know! we haven't....
    Liz & Chris

Thanks to everyone for their input!

We have not been there, but have been told that Sea Mountain in the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area in CA is a pretty decent facsimile as far as activities go- still hoping to go someday when we find time.
    Nick (and the one of a kind Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Sea Mountain is very nice and IS a lifestyle resort. However it is ALOT smaller. 25 rooms total I believe. And last I checked it was not all inclusive.

Our 2 cents. We found Desire Pearl to be more upscale, but we had no trouble hooking-up so I would not describe it as unfriendly. We have had lots of fun as Caribe Caliente, although the action is dependent on the group. Just choose your group, which works for Hedo as well.