Thread: Air Jamaica/Caribbean Airlines Philadelphia route canceled as of June 30, 2012

Unhappy Air Jamaica/Caribbean Airlines Philadelphia route canceled as of June 30, 2012

Just got off the phone with a rep at the airline, checking the status of our flights, which are 6/17 and 7/4, only to find out the flight is permanently canceled as of June 30. She presented us three options:

1) Accept a return flight to New York
    2) Attempt a return flight on US Airways to Philadelphia
    3) Complete refund of our airfare

I opted for option #2, and after asking for contact information, was told that "the group who is handling these will get back to you." Unfortunately, they couldn't provide me a time frame of when, nor did she indicate that it was a guarantee we'd be able to return on the USAir flights.

I'm not sure if/when we'd have been contacted about this, so if you are in a similar situation, I'd suggest getting ahold of them sooner rather than later.

I'm totally stressed, as the US Air nonstop from PHL to MBJ on my dates is $800 more than the Air Jamaica flight I booked.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

Sorry! This has been "a buzz" for some months now. Can't believe they're still being deceitful about it.
    Good luck!!!

Yeah, I'd heard miscellaneous stories of individual flights being canceled, but apparently it was May 16th that they announced the flight was being permanently discontinued. I think the part that worries me most is that if I hadn't checked my itinerary, I might have very well just flown down without realizing I had no return flight.

All the goofy FAA rules -- I don't know how they're getting away with this!

The airlines are giving everyone problems lately it seems. I keep a close eye on my reservations from the time I make them until the day my plane leaves. This year was the worst in jockeying to get my flight figured out (cancelled, rescheduled, changed again, rescheduled) and I suspect it's not going to get better anytime soon.
    Promises may get friends but
    'tis performance that keeps them

I'm happy to report that while I had to call them for confirmation (they were supposed to call me) I now have US Airways return nonstop flights. It departs 3 hours earlier, which is sorta sad, but at least I'll get home, and it isn't costing me any additional cash.

We got an e-mail last week stating their had been a change to our flight to Jamaica. It said our destination had been changed! Our new arrival destination was Amsterdam, WTF!. As far as ganja goes that's great, as far as Hedo not to good.

After an hour on hold we get through and they tell us there is no record of the e-mail that was sent and we would be arriving in Jamaica as planned.

That was a scare we could have lived without!! Maybe they are just getting us prepared for the confusion that's coming our way.
    March 9th - March 18th "Round 5"
    Mike N Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPanic View Post
    Just got off the phone with a rep at the airline, checking the status of our flights, which are 6/17 and 7/4, only to find out the flight is permanently canceled as of June 30. She presented us three options:

1) Accept a return flight to New York
    2) Attempt a return flight on US Airways to Philadelphia
    3) Complete refund of our airfare

I opted for option #2, and after asking for contact information, was told that "the group who is handling these will get back to you." Unfortunately, they couldn't provide me a time frame of when, nor did she indicate that it was a guarantee we'd be able to return on the USAir flights.

I'm not sure if/when we'd have been contacted about this, so if you are in a similar situation, I'd suggest getting ahold of them sooner rather than later.

I'm totally stressed, as the US Air nonstop from PHL to MBJ on my dates is $800 more than the Air Jamaica flight I booked.
    Happened to me from Phila/Jamaica last March -- Got boned for 400 because I would not fly a day later. Took the refund and rebooked inside 30 days of the trip.

Not sure how they get away with it but I would not book another flight with them --
    I did get a $200 voucher for another trip out of Expedia but it took a lot of bitching.

This was for 2 people but still a screwing as I see it.

Best of Luck

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015