Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: off resort things to do in negril

YS Falls is a nice trip also and you can zipline down the falls there (were planning on doing this in September).
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Hosted tours can be arranged at the resort's Tour Desk and there are a couple of small native craft markets there, one near the resort, across the street from Breezes Grand Negril, adjacent to Hedonism. You can also choose to visit Montego Bay for a day of shopping, Mandeville for a trip to the mountains, see Y-S Falls, raft the rivers or visit Dunn's River Falls near Ocho Rios. At least 30-40 off site tours are available from the tour desk at the resort. A trip from Negril to Ocho Rios (through Montego Bay) is a hike, requiring at least 3 hours, one way. An overrated trip to Rick's Cafe on the western seaside cliffs in Negril for a beer at sunset is always a common "in thing" to do. Down the beach from Hedo # 2 is Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, good for an afternoon of exploring and sampling the imported "culture" from Key West. Cosmo's Restaurant is down the road a mile or so, also good for some of the best and freshest grilled seafood in Negril... prepared to order.

For a fun and games and little bit different nightlife off the resort in Negril, try Risky Business, the Jungle and Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville for night time adult mischief. All of these watering holes are on the main street headed to Negril from Hedonism, a short taxi ride away. ALERT: These places tend to change names or new locations can crop up so ask the Tour Desk for their latest recommendations.

One little venture you might enjoy is to take a taxi to west end Negril and have a beer or a meal at one of the little cliff-side resorts and restaurants there. Rock House is one of the favorites on the west end for a cool little resort, a neat bar for a beer at sunset, a less crowded venue than Ricks and a nice restaurant for a change of pace from the resort scene.

Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Zip-lining is a blast ! I want to do YS falls one day. 3-dives is fun with a group , a bit pricy but food is good. A simple trip is to do a beach crawl .. head up to the craft market , walk the beach , and hit the small beer joints along the way , have lunch at one of them too. There is a travel desk at Hedo and you can book a lot of fun things at the resort. ( small bites of the cakes and wait.... )
    The nude cruise to Rick's or the snorkel cruise is a lot of fun too !
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Discovery falls is Right outside of Negril past the Negril golf course and has Ziplines and other stuff. I have not been there yet, but it is fairly close. I plan on going in June when I return. http://discoveryfalls.com/

Where they hav zip lining, they also do white water rafting as well as tubing down the river. dunn's is a bit far. If you choose to try one of Jenny's brownies, please take just a few bites. When you don't "feel" anything, ask for a second opinion. I saw a guy who had to be carted away from the pool, his wife wasn't much better, either.

We've done Dunns River Falls and zip lining. Zip lining was a lot of fun, but I rammed into every damn tree at each end of the line! lol The falls are great, but Cooooold!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    While we are on the subject of off resort excursions,if a Rhodes Hall equestrian veteran would p.m. me
    I would like to collect more informaton.
    Thanks,
    Naughty Nudists

As I understand it, there will be a lot of local parties during the first week of August when I plan to be there. Jamaica will be celebrating its 50th anniversary since independence from England and the whole Island should be a party atmosphere. The ECs tend to be a good source for information and recommendations on what is happening that may be of interest. You can also speak to the concierge who will most likely recommend the usual tourist traps
    If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before

I highly recommend the Rhodes Hall horseback riding. We didn't take swim suits but wore shorts we didn't mind getting wet.

You take a nice tour on the plantation and then you have the option of switching over to water saddles and you swim...not just ride in the water but swim on the horses backs as they are swimming. It's a blast!!! Then back to the stables for some fresh coconut water and shower off (in your clothes) to get the salt water off of you. Take a towel with you.

Personally I like Ricks as a one-time thing to do. Watching the divers and tourists jumping, fun ambiance during sunset...very pricey and I would advise against actually diving as there have been too many accidents there but it's kind of fun to watch.

Dance Wicked For A Week: 10/20-10/27/18
    Spring Break: 4/20-4/27/19

www.PoleDancerTravel.com

Hedonism II Presents The Erotic World Pole Dance Championships
    10/20-10/27/18:
    www.EroticPoleDanceWorldChampionships.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12