Thread: Mo & Moe- We're back! (April 21-28, 2012)

Mo & Moe- We're back! (April 21-28, 2012)

From what I've been reading, I think we have an unpopular opinion about Hedo Events and the week, but we're going to forge ahead.... For those who know me, I'm WORDY, so this is gonna be a long trip report. Grab the popcorn and a beverage and hope you enjoy!

Well... I have a few minutes on my hands, so I might as well start my trip report. Of course, this will be a labor of love that will span many days, but hopefully I'll keep it under control this time. I'm going to try to write more of a "general impressions and memories" type report rather than a day-by-day recounting. We'll see how it works. I tried to break it down by subject, so if you're not interested in any particular thing, you can skip to the next topic.

The trip down was actually MUCH better than expected. I have to give kudos to Air Tran- they got us there and back with no flight delays whatsoever (actually, every flight was early), great customer service, and friendly flight attendants. We were really pleased. Our 7 hour layover in ATL- yeah, you read that correctly- is what worried us the most, but even that ended up being just fine. When we arrived in Atlanta, we took a little nap (the airport there was FREEZING), we had some of the Air Tran free (yet bad) coffee, and waited for our friends K&S to arrive. They were also coming from the West Coast and had a long layover. Once they arrived, we headed over to their concourse, where Moe got some bad McDonalds, and we all trooped down to the Delta Sky Lounge, where they were members. What a great setup! We spent the next several hours there eating snacks, drinking (I had a few Bailey's and coffee), and just shooting the breeze. Time flew by. We stopped by the duty free shops where the guys picked up Patron and Crown Royal, and parted ways.

I bought a blanket and we went back to the gate, where we waited for our other friends, V&T, who were on our flight. Apparently, T had forgotten his passport and had to drive home to get it! I didn't think they were going to make the flight, but they strolled in like nothing was wrong about midway through boarding, to our delight and a rousing round of applause.

Immigration was a Beeyotch! The lines were really long, and although moving relatively steadily, it took us about 45 minutes to an hour to get through all of them. Once we did- it was off to Hedo! We took a private van (Courtney is a great driver, email us for his contact info), and we were at Hedo in short order, with a quick stop for a drink, a purchase of some local product, and later a pee break.

Check in was a breeze, with our friends G&J waiting for us in the lobby, and all of our rooms were ready. We got upgraded to a FABULOUS ocean view nude side room, right outside of the H-Block. An easy to remember room number, too: 2222! Of course, the rooms are dated, the bathroom tiny, but it was clean, functional, comfy enough, and we were at Hedo!! Another drink at the main bar, and a check in with Hedo Events. This was our first time partnering up with them, and I cannot speak highly enough of them. They collaborated with Hedo's Mojo, Topless Travel, and SLS. They were SO awesome! They had beach bags, towels, water bottles and name necklaces for us. Everyone was charming and friendly (and very easy on the eyes, to boot!). More to come about Hedo Events....

After getting settled in the room, taking a shower (warm, but not hot), and changing into fewer clothes, we made our way down to the nude side, where we took them off with haste! The party was already rocking down there, and we saw many of our old friends and exchanged hugs. D&L showed up shortly thereafter, and we stayed out until the sun went down and it was time to get ready for dinner. Ah, and speaking of showers, the water was pretty good all week. Only twice during the week did we not have hot water (lukewarm showers, ugh), and the rest of the time, the water was downright SCORCHING! I'm a big fan of the "burn your skin off" shower, so I was a happy camper. One day our safe stopped working. We called down to the desk in the morning, and they came to fix it later that afternoon (during my naptime!). I let the guy in, he did his thing with the safe, and left. Of course, he came back 10 minutes later because he'd forgotten something. So much for naptime! Oh well.... The housekeeping was great, and pretty much figured out our daily schedule so the room got cleaned while we were out at the beach. Only one day did they come quite late in the afternoon--I think that was the same day that the safe got fixed, actually!

Our daytime activities started to follow a predictable pattern. I'd usually wake up between 7 and 8, then hit the gym for an hour. Moe only made it to the gym 2 or 3 days, but I went every day of the trip. Yay me! (it still didn't stop me from gaining 9 lbs, lol!) The gym definitely got some good usage over the week. There were a few days when almost all of the cardio equipment was in use. All of the treadmills were working, as were the elliptical and stair master. 3 of the 4 stationary bikes were working. The AC was not working very well in the equipment area, so I definitely worked up a good sweat. The AC worked fine in the aerobics area, though. There was also a visiting Spin instructor there, who had good attendance to his class almost every morning.

After I finished at the gym, I'd take my shower then go down to the dining room for breakfast. Breakfast isn't quite the same without Charlie, but I saw many familiar staff faces, which was great. Although I ate my fair share of bacon, I actually didn't get any omelettes this trip, opting instead for either hard boiled eggs (if I was too impatient to wait in line), or scrambled eggs with cheese. I found the "sweet spot" for breakfast- right around 10am, the crowd seemed to thin a bit, so the lines for eggs weren't too long. My beloved French Toast wasn't quite as tasty, but between that, eggs, bacon, and maybe a croissant, I definitely ate my fill.

After breakfast, I'd usually try to get a quick nap (but as the week went on, I often opted out of the nap), then head down to the nude beach and pool, where I'd spend a couple of hours there before getting lunch and a real afternoon nap later in the day. The early afternoons on the nude side were rather mellow, with a speaker set up and a laptop playing music. One of the guys from either Tom's Tours or Biff's Bunch (I'm sorry, I can't remember which), would take requests. This was definitely for the more relaxed crowd, with lots of country music, classic rock, and a few top 40 songs. They also played games, but I didn't really see what was going on from my perch on the beach. I will say that one afternoon, Moe and some of our other friends were in the nude pool while a game was getting organized and were told that if they didn't plan on participating in the game, then they needed to leave the pool. They were pretty upset about this, and I agree- how can you dictate that others can't enjoy their time in the pool just because your group is playing a game??

We didn't see too many clothed gawkers, although we did see a few. Luckily, security usually told them that they had to undress or leave. One afternoon these two young ladies came down to the beach and hung out for quite awhile, dressed in swimsuits, and one even had on a fishnet coverup. They decided to enter into the booty shaking contest, but of course the crowd was not having them up there with all of those clothes! Cries of "take it off, take it off!" rang out. They took off their tops, but not their bottoms, and the fishnet girl even kept on her coverup. Booo!!! We ended up talking to them afterward and found out that they were newbies. We managed to get one of the girls to take off her swimsuit, but the other was having none of it. The one who got nude confided that she would have done it awhile ago, but she felt her friend would hold it against her and use it to gossip about her when they got back home. We told them both that if they came back, they needed to get naked, and they promised that they would...tomorrow. Of course, we didn't see them back on the nude side after that. Shame.

I only went to the prude grill once. The prude grill has a new system where you MUST sit down and let the waitress take your order rather than ordering directly from the cook. This system ended up being kind of chaotic, especially for people who just wanted "to go" orders. The nude grill was pretty quick and efficient, though. They had grilled fish (pretty tasty), as well as the usual burgers, sandwiches, jerk chicken, fries, popcorn, nachos, and patties. The patties went fast- I think I may have only gotten 2 or 3 during the entire week! All of the other times, I'd either getting chicken and fries at the nude grill and take it to the room, or go to the main dining room (they had cocoa bread!!), and taking it to the room to eat. It was my relaxation time- eating in the AC, watching a little tv, and taking a nap.

After my afternoon power nap, it was time to head back to the pool, because from 3-6 was time for the afternoon pool party! Hedo Events had their DJ set up, with a full DJ booth and an MC. It was AWESOME! Tons of people in the pool, the music was mostly dance, top 40, with some hip-hop, reggae and latin flavor thrown in as well. People were dancing, there were booty shakin contests, the vibe was definitely high energy and youthful. The only problem was that the nude bar was packed! It was definitely a good time to have your Big Bubba or larger water bottles, because it was quite a wait to get a drink. Somehow, we ended up being given a great bottle of Polish vodka, one of our friends brought down a huge bottle of Pinnacle Whipped Cream vodka, and between that and the Crown Royal, we were pretty set- all we needed to do was get sodas or juice for mixers a lot of the time.

The food... I'm not a picky eater by ANY stretch of the imagination, and I certainly didn't go hungry, but I was pretty underwhelmed by the offerings this trip, especially at dinner. Aside from the "gala" on Friday, most of the main dining room items on the buffet were pretty poor. Salad fixings were skimpy, meats were tough. The pasta station was overwhelmed (I only got pasta one night, and it was pretty good). I really enjoyed Musan- we FINALLY made it to a specialty restaurant this trip. Besides that, I'm not sure if they've downsized, but service was not so great. We often had to try to round up a server for a place setting, water, and they seemed very put out if you requested a drink from the bar, which I'd never seen before. At breakfast, you now had to get your own juice, and often your own coffee. This was surprising, as usually the servers would be a bit upset if you went and prepared your own drinks. On Wednesday night, I started feeling queasy after dinner (I think it was the Seafood Creole), so I went to bed early. A few pepto tablets, and an uncomfortable night, but I was ok by the next afternoon. The new dining room fans were great, though! A few evenings, it was actually a little chilly underneath the fans.

Weather was overall pretty good for the beginning of the week, with just a rainshower on Sunday evening. After Wednesday, the weather took a turn for the worse. Our friend D arrived on Wed., so we joked that she brought in the bad weather. It rained pretty much off and on all day on Thursday, with just a few breaks, when it was overcast and humid. I actually started getting mosquito bites that evening. Friday was better, but still pretty overcast and not sunny. It rained once in the afternoon, but cleared up around 5 or 6.

Of course, it wouldn't be a trip unless Moe lost something! He lost a pair of pretty nice flip flops this time. I think he left them on the beach and someone must have picked them up by mistake, thinking they were theirs. He was really upset about it, but hey, it happens.

We also went to the Prude Beach one day so Moe could take some pictures of me. I don't know the last time he'd been on the prude side, lol. He looked around with wonder, saying, "This is really nice! I should spend more time over here (yeah, right)." The water actually had quite a few waves, and actually the Tuesday catamaran ride was rescheduled to Wednesday because of the choppy water. The pics turned out great, though! Of course, the prude side was pretty empty, with just a few couples over there relaxing quietly.

Dinner was the usual revelry with laughs and conversation, and of course Showtime. I love Winston as much as the next guest, and I'm a fan of drag, but it did seem as though every night was a little dance & drag show heavy. I don't know what the answer is, but I'd like to see a bit more variety in the shows. There are a ton of new EC's there, so we spent some time getting to know them a bit. As always, Friday night's "Rock Star" night is a great show (although Nick didn't sing "Purple Rain"), and I really enjoyed the different acts for Fetish Night. Thursday is no longer Toga Night (It is Black & White night), but they still have the Talent Show. Some of the guests were very talented singers!

Hedo Events had different nightly themes from some of the resort themes, so evening attire was a cornucopia of outfits ranging from the resort themes, Hedo Event themes, other group themes (Biff's Bunch, Tom's Tours, and Mary Ellyn's Spring Break were also there), and no theme at all. It was kind of cool, though, seeing the variety and creativity of others, no matter the theme.

Speaking of themes, I LOVE naughty schoolgirl/schoolboy night, and think that it has been one of the better changes in themes. My particular outfit must have been on sale somewhere, because I saw no less than 3 other women wearing it, although we each had our own spin on it. V&T entered the costume contest and both of them came away with the win! The funniest thing was that as it got to the final 2 ladies, Winston made a point to say, "make sure you vote for the BEST costume, not just the person you like the most" because it was clear that it had come to a popularity contest- since the other lady didn't really have much of a costume, and V clearly put some effort into hers. Of course, it was pretty tight, with the other woman getting more cheers. Winston very cattily said, "well...if this were based in REALITY, you (V) would win...so I'm just going to declare this a tie and you'll both get the prize (a Swingers Break towel). Yikes, Winston! V was kind of embarrassed!

For us, one of the absolute BEST parts of the trip were the nighttime parties and disco. I hadn't seen the disco that full of energy in YEARS! Besides that, Hedo Events brought in their own DJ and "hype man," and had laser lights, fog, and made it feel like a true nightclub experience. Heck, I kind of felt like I was back in Vegas! The rest of the nights were no different. Although it rained a bit on Sunday evening, luckily it cleared up in time for the Retro Pool Deck Party. And the PARTY..... First of all, they had the pool deck all draped in beautiful blue lights, the cabanas and poles draped in white linens. As soon as Showtime was over, we heard a deep bass come from the pool deck...It continued.... It sounded vaguely familiar- then the lyrics came in. NO, it couldn't be! He was playing Young Jeezy, "Put On (for my City)"?!?!?! Now, we knew that many of the guests wouldn't be familiar with this tune, but we saw the younger ones get hyped about it (including us), and hit the dance floor, while the older ones came over just out of curiosity. WOW. I'd never seen or heard ANYTHING like this at Hedo! The DJ didn't continue down the hip hop path, but rather took a segway to Michael Jackson and old-school R&B. I loved it! There were videos playing on flat screen tvs built into the dj booth, the vibe was awesome, people were dancing. This was a real party!! One of our older Southern friends came up to me and said, "I asked the girl (one of the ECs) what kind of music this was, and she said "old-school"...but I ain't ever heard any of this before!" I just had to smile. The parties were fantastic ALL WEEK- between the beach/lower pool deck party with the fire dancers, the club party on Friday with all of the white drapery, it was truly something to see. The music did start to get repetitive- there's only so much LMFAO I can take, but overall, I was really impressed. V also won 3 free nights on Fetish Night (the night I went to bed early). It was supposed to be a costume contest, but not enough people entered, so they made it into a booty shakin contest. I guess V was shakin her moneymaker, cause she came away with the win! I hate that I missed it.

Moe went to the Piano Bar one or two of the nights, but I never did, and didn't really miss it. I'm more of a dancing type girl than a sing-along girl, anyway. Wait, I did go into the Piano Bar for the Hedo's Events Meet & Greet, which had good appetizers that went fast!

As far as PDA's go, we saw a few, but I don't think it was excessive. Occasionally we'd see a threesome or a couple playing on the side of the hot tub, or on the beach, but never at the bar area or anything like that. I saw a few couples playing in the hot tub, but never to completion. There were definitely times when the vibe was more sexual or flirty, with lots of kissing, sucking, petting, but I wasn't offended. The one thing I didn't like was the few creepy guys who would try to get really close if there were girls kissing or any action happening, and try to sneak a touch. They would usually back off if you told them to go away or just said a loud, "NO.", but really- have enough common sense not to try to weasel your way into that type of activity unless you're invited. I am neither a proponent nor a detractor of "open sex,"- it doesn't bother me or necessarily titillate me- I just consider it part of Hedo. We didn't get into the hot tub at night, although we walked down there a few nights. It was REALLY crowded in there, and I just didn't feel like it once I saw so many people. Hedo Events (and Biff's Bunch, I think), set up a "playroom" in the spa 3 or 4 nights during the week. Basically, they set up several mattresses around the side of the main area/pool in the spa, with candles, mood music, and drapery. We didn't use it, but we stopped in there one night, and it looked really nice. From what we understand, it was very well used on Friday night, with a wait for beds.

We did have one disturbing incident, which occurred on our last night. Moe was taking pictures of our friends in the disco. With permission, of course- these were all pictures that they posed for. Now, it is my understanding that the only time you can't take pictures in the disco was on PJ night, and every other night is okay. We saw people taking pics all the other nights. Anyway, a woman approached him and tried to explain something to him about the pictures. It was loud, Moe was tipsy, he couldn't understand what she was saying, so he just walked off after awhile. I was more sober, so I approached her to ask what was wrong. She was upset about the pictures. I told her that he was only taking pictures of our friends and people we knew, but she insisted that he had taken a picture of her, and finally explained that she was in the background of them. I kind of wanted to say, "gimmie a break," but I said okay, and went to Moe to check the photos. She was in one of them, so we deleted it. In the meantime, her husband came over, and she explained the situation, and he rushed over to Moe as if to fight. Moe again didn't want any trouble, so he walked off, while T came over to make sure the situation didn't escalate. I went back over to the couple and explained that we deleted the ONE picture she was in, and if they wanted to check the camera, they could. I could tell that the guy wasn't even listening- he was watching Moe and spoiling for a fight. We just left the disco, and I saw the woman pulling her husband away, trying to calm him down.. Sigh....

All in all, I thought that it was a great trip. I was really impressed with Hedo Events, but I can see how their vibe might not be for everyone. I really felt like they were concerned about our little group and making sure that we were having a good time, and all of the little extras they did went a long way with me. Of course, some events didn't happen as planned, and some things got a little confusing as far as which themes were happening on which days, but that's kind of to be expected. I thought that it was also really nice that all of their organizers were on site and able to help out if you had any questions or concerns, and partied along with everyone else. I'd say that if you are looking for a younger party crowd, this is your group.

Thank you to EVERYONE who traveled with us! You guys were all awesome and so much fun! I hope you all had a fantastic time!
    "Are you feeling Hedo's Mojo yet?"

Hedonism II, April 21-28 2012

mo@hedomojo.com

Registered User cnjcpl4whatever's Avatar
    Now, that was a read lol glad you didn't let creepy guy & roid rage dude spoil your time at HOME, we are there in 11 days 13 hours can't wait, we live off trip reports when we get this close. But THANKS again hope ours will be as good. IRIE John & Terry
    RESPECT EVERYTIME
    ALL THE TIME,
    JOHN & TERRY
    April 17th to 29rd 2023 Trip 18

As same as last year it was great to see you and my brother Mo. We had a great time with everyone and met new friends as well.

Buck
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

Thanks for the detailed and candid trip report...no trip report about Hedo can be too wordy!
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Wish we'd been there to party with you guys. Sounds like an awesome trip.
    Hedo II April 19-25 2011 -- Our first visit was AWESOME
    Hedo II July 9-17 2012 -- Honeymoon visit was SEXY

Fab trip report and yeah there are some who may find a it a trip to pick a fight...I plan to take bunches of pictures on our next trip in Nov and I don't want to step on toes to do it...I think the disco should be fair game at any time it is not the nude beach area. Just my two cents.

Great trip report. Amazing how the same week can be different in many aspects for different people!~ Not sure if you read my report, but I said something about the flip flops - my husband "lost" a pair and 4-5 others we spoke to lost flip flops too! One guy had to go home wearing his wifes flip flops! All in all a great week! I have to say, i think i was in the nude pool every day that Mark the DJ was there - I saw a couple of pool games but was never asked to leave for not participating! I would have been pissed too!!

Quote Originally Posted by doeeyeddeer View Post
    Great trip report. Amazing how the same week can be different in many aspects for different people!~ Not sure if you read my report, but I said something about the flip flops - my husband "lost" a pair and 4-5 others we spoke to lost flip flops too! One guy had to go home wearing his wifes flip flops! All in all a great week! I have to say, i think i was in the nude pool every day that Mark the DJ was there - I saw a couple of pool games but was never asked to leave for not participating! I would have been pissed too!!
    In response to the being asked to leave for NOT participating!!!! We I think there might have been some further private conversations to follow that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodisiac View Post
    Wish we'd been there to party with you guys. Sounds like an awesome trip.
    WHat she said

I had some chicks take pictures in front of use, deliberately. When I got home it was on the website. I e-mailed the web-master and told them if he didn't take them down, there would be problems. He took it down. Some people do not want to be in photos and it should be respected. I feel that people should try and go out of their way to make sure random people aren't in the back ground. The only thing I took comfort in with the picture of me on the web is that the two chicks looked really really stupid with their ducky face smiles. If I wasn't half asleep and totally drunk, there would have been a major problem. Some people just can't afford to show up on the inter net in a compromised situation

Quote Originally Posted by doeeyeddeer View Post
    We were there April 26 to May 5 and we say the guy who had the wear his wife's shoes home too. We heard of a few people loosing thier shoes and not finding them the next day. Maybe someone sneaks on property at night and steals unclaimed shoes.......

Great trip report guys, I think we meant briefly our first day there!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Great report. Good to hear all sides. I understand that group will be there the same dates as our group next April.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Thank you for the trip report, takes me back to hedo every time I read one.
    Hedo 3 Nov 2009
    Hedo 2 Nov 2010
    Hedo 2 Nov 2011
    Hedo 2 Nov 2012
    Hedo 2 Nov 2013
    Hedo 2 Nov 2014
    Temptation Jan 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2016
    Hedo 2 Dec 2017