Thread: March 23-31st trip

March 23-31st trip

OK, so now that I have somewhat recovered from our 9th Hedo experience lets see if I can put down my thoughts.

First for us was a direct flight from Montreal on WestJet. No issues there and with no lay over to worry about much less stress. Glad we were not on Air Canada as a wild cat strike was going on with them that caused issues with others also traveling to Jamaica from Canada.

Flying in on Friday with a 2pm arrival had a cpl of advantages. One, the line at passport control was almost non existent. We even had to wait for our luggage to arrive, a first for us. What a great site to see fellow Amigos in the lounge as we knew the party was starting. Grabbed a Red Stripe on the way by the bar and onto a small bus. One stop for beer and potty stop, lots of kids just out of school and shopping day in the small towns slowed us down but all was good.

Room, good, food, not as good as when Joesph was around as head chef on our last two trips last year. This is to bad as the small changes would have been easy to keep up. We too found that lunch was a short walk to the "prude" grill where we could sit and talk in the shade after the huge party going on at the nude pool area.

Now, lets face it when you have a large group of party ppl in the house Hedo can be a bit over the top for some ppl. To bad, it was great for US. Hedo is large and you can make the place what you want it to be most any time and the week we were there it just had more contrast then normal. You could party like a rock start on spring break for hours and hours and hours or take a walk into quiet kick back and relax with a book or just nap on a hammock. Your choice, do your vacation your way.

Beth of WWV was in the house with Amber and DJ Sandman rocking the place with his toons. Wow what a show and party the night that Wild Women Vacations put DJ Sandman on the main pool deck. I have never seen the pool deck rocking that way and hope that the resort will take the clue and start doing this more as well. If not, well another reason to book with WWV for the extras they provide.

My love and I walked across the street to the craft market by the airport one morning. Easy walk. Most of the stalls had the same junk so we shopped at the ones where we did not feel any pressure. Trinkets for the grand kids taken care of. We also joined our fellow Amigos for the trip to Three Dives for diner.
    At diner I tried Red Stripe Ginger beer my love had the apple beer as well. The food was great! cooking on the open grill with wood makes for a new flavor combo with the jerk seasonings. Yummie.
    We did not do the cat trip this year as we have in the past. This only had to do with issues about moving around on the boat but from the reports and photos it was a huge party that will be the talk of Ricks for years to come.

Jeff, Jen, Red and all the other Amigos that work so hard to make the Hedo Amigo week so great, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Trip home was just as non eventful as the trip down. I have to hand it to the WestJet cabin crews, they work hard at keeping the smiles going. To bad I missed some of the humor that happened in French as I know it had grins and giggles going with all the Francophone on the planes.

Note for next year, leave even more stuff at home. I am thinking only a carry on will be my goal.
    Who am I kidding, one suit case for theme nights and packing the "free" rum in for the trip back will always be needed.

Great report! thanks

Hey newbie how's the weather in your neck of the woods? Also great trip report.
    HEDO II march 3rd to the 9th 2012
    OCEAN CITY MD DELMARVA BIKE WEEK SEPT. 2012

Thank you great trip report, really informative

Quote Originally Posted by HedoIIIlover View Post
    Hedo is large and you can make the place what you want it to be most any time and the week we were there it just had more contrast then normal. You could party like a rock start on spring break for hours and hours and hours or take a walk into quiet kick back and relax with a book or just nap on a hammock. Your choice, do your vacation your way.
    Great report and great point! We were there 3/24 - 3/31 and enjoyed every minute of it! From lounging alone in the shade at the "prude" beach, to partying in the "nude" pool with the other Amigos. You can make the week whatever you'd like it to be!!

Great Trip "R"eport... Thanks./

Awesome report, thanks. Yes, I agree... We learned to pack VERY light as well. We also fly on a direct flights from Ottawa, so checking bags is not a problem... But you're right-on about only needing the "bare" minimum. Haha. Thanks again for the report.