Thread: Desire Attire

Desire Attire

My forum searches for attire resulted in exclusively Hedo related attire posts, even in the general forums. Desire is clearly a different atmosphere, particularly in the restaurants, which is why we chose it actually. I've never been to a resort at all, much less one of this style. So I'm hoping for some Desire specific attire support.

Theme nights I get, I'm searching for outfits now. Although, suggestions for the boy?

How about dinners? Need advice for both Him and Her. It sounds like sandals are not ok, should he go for like boat shoes? Are nice bermuda shorts acceptable for him, or does he have to wear slacks? Can someone suggest appropriate resort style slacks for us to look for cause all he has it suit slacks and cargo pants an jeans. For her (me), am I going to want more subdued clothes or will clubwear pretty much be acceptable every night?

I do plan on bringing clothes to go into town, not worried there, but that's shorts and a tea-shirt so not really meeting dress code for dinner.

I'm bringing a few suits, this is my first AN experience so I expect I'll be in and out of them depending on my mood and who is around. I don't have very revealing suits, bit self conscious of pudge. I guess I'm curious, do the ladies wear skimpy numbers that they wouldn't wear in more polite company or do you really just go AN instead?

The more reading I do the more I expect we'll end up at Hedo as well in the future. But right now I'm glad we're dipping our toes in at Desire.

I would suggest that you take a look at the forum for the Desire resorts. It is desiremexico.com
    There is a lot of information on that site.

Just found that later yesterday. I will go do some searching there. Thank you

My advice would be to not buy anything for the theme nights until very close to your travel dates. They are notorious for changing them without notice.

During our last visits to Desire it was usual to 'dress' for dinner, or at the least, 'dress up' a bit. So reasonably smart casual for him and exotic for her (but covered). Later, less was better, especially at the disco, and totally nude at the hot tub.

There was not so much a 'dress code' as an expectation of clean and neat -- no cut-offs, no ripped jeans, no grubby T-shirts etc. If you both look smart and dressy (even if rather undressed (her) you'll be OK).

During the day, round the pool it was nude, naked, bare, or undressed for most people. It's not a neurotic thing just what made most people comfortable -- naked people feel uncomfortable when otehr guests are wearing swim suits etc. Cover-ups at mealtimes, and around food are usually OK. I do not recall seeing anyone totally naked while sitting down to eat, even outside. But that can change depending on the guests list.

Final advice: don't over think it or over plan the vacation. Be like most everyone else and take too much and don't wear it. be comfortable and make the others feel comfortable too.

Hedo July 10 - 17, 2014

PNK

Quote Originally Posted by PNK View Post
    Cover-ups at mealtimes, and around food are usually OK. I do not recall seeing anyone totally naked while sitting down to eat, even outside. But that can change depending on the guests list.

PNK
    At Tentazione (the lunch place by the pool) you can be topless but bottom must be covered up. There's a sign that says this over by the washrooms but usually it's missed as people don't normally enter that way. For all other restaurants you must be fully covered and PNK is bang-on with their recommendations.

Resort Representative DesireRep's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyriel View Post
    My forum searches for attire resulted in exclusively Hedo related attire posts, even in the general forums. Desire is clearly a different atmosphere, particularly in the restaurants, which is why we chose it actually. I've never been to a resort at all, much less one of this style. So I'm hoping for some Desire specific attire support.

Theme nights I get, I'm searching for outfits now. Although, suggestions for the boy?

How about dinners? Need advice for both Him and Her. It sounds like sandals are not ok, should he go for like boat shoes? Are nice bermuda shorts acceptable for him, or does he have to wear slacks? Can someone suggest appropriate resort style slacks for us to look for cause all he has it suit slacks and cargo pants an jeans. For her (me), am I going to want more subdued clothes or will clubwear pretty much be acceptable every night?

I do plan on bringing clothes to go into town, not worried there, but that's shorts and a tea-shirt so not really meeting dress code for dinner.

I'm bringing a few suits, this is my first AN experience so I expect I'll be in and out of them depending on my mood and who is around. I don't have very revealing suits, bit self conscious of pudge. I guess I'm curious, do the ladies wear skimpy numbers that they wouldn't wear in more polite company or do you really just go AN instead?

The more reading I do the more I expect we'll end up at Hedo as well in the future. But right now I'm glad we're dipping our toes in at Desire.
    Hi Zyriel

It's great to read that you will be at our resort, We're pretty sure that you will enjoy every moment of your stay.

About your doubts about the attire, I suggest you to visit our website to see the our dress codes, each restaurant and theme party has their own dress code.
    Besides that you can't be naked at the restaurants, is one rule of the house.
    Some restaurants are "Casual Elegant", this means no shorts, no sandals, etc.. you'll need to wear dress, and for couple some nice pants and nice shirt.
    For the theme parties is a lot better if you wear sexy outfits, believe me as sexier your outfit more fun you'll have that night.
    If you want to use a swimsuit there's no problem at all, you can use any kind of swimsuit that you want.

Te most important thing is, as PNK said, "be comfortable and make the others feel comfortable too."

If you need something else, don't hesitate to contact me by private message or just comment at the thread.

Warmest regards, and see you soon.
    Desire Resorts