Thread: Travel woes w/ a metal plate?

Travel woes w/ a metal plate?

Hey everyone, I was really hoping that you might have some insight into this so I am prepared for what I might encounter at the airport, both here and in Jamaica.

This will be my first trip on a plane since having a 4-inch metal (titanium I believe) plate put in my jawbone after an accident last November. How much grief am I going to be given for it?? We're traveling with our DL and birth certs. since I really DONT want to pay an extra $60 apiece for our passports to be expedited. Should we expect hell from airport security about all this? Should I bring along a copy of my jaw x-ray showing the plate? A note from my physician? Both?!?!

And what about in Jamaica?? I can only imagine the hell that I might be given there.

Please help guys!!

Thanks!

I believe you'll just have to tell them that and then they'll do a wand check on you to make sure it is your head, however because you also don't have a passport they might pull you aside for "special" treatment.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

I had a 10" plate screwed to my tibia a few years back and it didn't even register. With the heightened security they may have stronger detection equipment but I doubt they will even detect the plate in your head. Good luck and have fun.