Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom of the Seas Couples Lifestyle Cruise November 10, 2013

Middle of Nowhere, Barren Canadian Prairie
    I can't believe I forgot to say this... Happy New Year!!
    Dish 'n Doc
    Living in the City that rhymes with fun... Regina, on the barren Saskatchewan prairie...
    DishnDoc wherever we are... here, SLS, lifestylecruiseship.com
    August 2-6 Roundup! Annual lifestyle campout on the barren Saskatchewan prairie! http://sites.google.com/site/misskittysroundup/
    NCL Gem September 28, 2012 Cabin 9603 (Dish only)
    Freedom of the Seas November 2012 Cabin 6591
    Freedom of the Seas November 2013 Cabin 6563

Quote Originally Posted by DishnDoc View Post
    I can't believe I forgot to say this... Happy New Year!!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO....and everyone else!!!

Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay the night before the cruise.

Thanks for the info dish, the videos were very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbiecruzers View Post
    Thanks for the info dish, the videos were very helpful.
    You're very welcome, though I should probably share some of the credit with Matt and Bianca... ;P
    Dish 'n Doc
    Living in the City that rhymes with fun... Regina, on the barren Saskatchewan prairie...
    August 2-6 Roundup! Annual lifestyle campout on the barren Saskatchewan prairie! http://sites.google.com/site/misskittysroundup/

Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay the night before the cruise.
    We're staying at Caliente Tampa, but I think they may be full now.

Quote Originally Posted by hedolovers2019 View Post
    Matt and Bianca
    We were glad to have met you in the hall as well as the promenade,, you both are great,,we look forward to seeing you at other events.. Please keep us in miond for further travel
    Will do!
    Matt and Bianca
    SLS, SDC, Kasidie: "mattandbianca". Facebook: "Matt N Bianca"
    Freedom 12, 13. Century 14. Independence 14. Divina 16. Hedo Mar 17
    HEDO MARCH 1-10, 2018

You might recognize us from:
    Our lifestyle magazine: EverybodySwing.com
    Our podcast: Everybody Swing Podcast

Our videos on Lifestyle Travel:
    Our review of the Couple's Cruise.
    What to Bring on a Couple's Cruise.
    Our review of Hedonism II.

Quote Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr View Post
    WOW...great video (both of them!). We would also like to find out how much luggage is allowed without an additional charge, what constitutes "dressed" when walking around (fishnet with pasties/g-string or non see-thru)? Can cameras be used at all and where and are there good/safe/fun excursions when docked?
    I'm pretty sure you can bring as much luggage as you like without extra charges. On the last cruise, I saw many, many people with way too many bags for two people. Personally, we had four large suitcases and the question never even came up.

Cameras are frowned upon but were used a lot more than I thought they would be. I saw many people snapping photos wherever they were. The rule of thumb is to ask people if they don't mind their picture taken but it was everywhere. A friend of ours took a shot of the pool when there were half a dozen people there. She was a distance away so nobody's faces could be seen as the closest people would have been at least fifty feet away. Security told her to stop, so they are there and doing their job but it's impossible to police everyone.
    Matt and Bianca
    HEDO MARCH 1-10, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by mattandbianca View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can bring as much luggage as you like without extra charges. On the last cruise, I saw many, many people with way too many bags for two people. Personally, we had four large suitcases and the question never even came up.

Cameras are frowned upon but were used a lot more than I thought they would be. I saw many people snapping photos wherever they were. The rule of thumb is to ask people if they don't mind their picture taken but it was everywhere. A friend of ours took a shot of the pool when there were half a dozen people there. She was a distance away so nobody's faces could be seen as the closest people would have been at least fifty feet away. Security told her to stop, so they are there and doing their job but it's impossible to police everyone.
    Thanks a bunch for the much needed info, we've watched most of your videos and really enjoyed them all! We suspected luggage wouldn't be a big issue, we intend to bring two bags each. Taking peoples photos without permission is pretty much a taboo at most "lifestyle" events but we wanted to get pics of the ship, maybe we can get up early when nobody is around to shoot the pics...they allow that at Hedo.

I suppose the only other info we need to work out is what constitutes nudity and where it is permissible. My wife wants to dress really sexy as often as possible but not be offensive to everyone (we are nudists at heart)! We're guessing the dress code is all over the place too!? We really appreciate your videos!!!
    Last edited by swmnkdinthervr; 01-13-2013 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr View Post

I suppose the only other info we need to work out is what constitutes nudity and where it is permissible. My wife wants to dress really sexy as often as possible but not be offensive to everyone (we are nudists at heart)! We're guessing the dress code is all over the place too!? We really appreciate your videos!!!
    The pool is open nudity day and night (except while docked in Port Canaveral). Skimpy women's clothing is allowed pretty much everywhere. Even while at dinner, they have volunteers handing out towels for the women to sit on. The basic rule is they don't want nudity where the employees of the boat can see them without being prepared first, so no lobbies, restaurants, bars, etc. (except the pool).

At night, when the playrooms are open, a lot of people walk around the ship in robes as they are easy to deal with and you aren't allowed street clothes in the main playroom.
    Matt and Bianca
    HEDO MARCH 1-10, 2018

Are there any pre-boarding parties the night before?

Are there any pre-boarding parties the night before?
    Absolutely!! There was an organized, ticketed event at one of the hotels in Orlando the night before. We chose to stay at this hotel since we knew it would be full of shipmates and we wanted to attend the party. The Friday night there was an impromptu 'meet' in the hotel bar. There were so many people it was hard to move, but who wanted to? We were all pressed up against sexy people on all sides! Ha ha ha

There will be hotels in Orlando and at the port that are set up for the group and information will be available soon if it isn't already... and then everyone here will talk about which hotel they're staying at - or resort, since many people choose to go somewhere like Caliente - and you'll find out where the meets and parties are.
    Dish 'n Doc

Quote Originally Posted by mattandbianca View Post
    The pool is open nudity day and night (except while docked in Port Canaveral). Skimpy women's clothing is allowed pretty much everywhere. Even while at dinner, they have volunteers handing out towels for the women to sit on. The basic rule is they don't want nudity where the employees of the boat can see them without being prepared first, so no lobbies, restaurants, bars, etc. (except the pool).

At night, when the playrooms are open, a lot of people walk around the ship in robes as they are easy to deal with and you aren't allowed street clothes in the main playroom.
    Thanks, that really clarifies the dress code for us, you two have been a bunch of help!!!

We are wanting to book this cruise but we were wondering if it is most people or just a few people that get naked by the pool during the day. We have been to a clothing optional land based facility before and almost all of the people wore swimsuits and it kind of made us feel uncomfortable. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by drnfunsize View Post
    We are wanting to book this cruise but we were wondering if it is most people or just a few people that get naked by the pool during the day. We have been to a clothing optional land based facility before and almost all of the people wore swimsuits and it kind of made us feel uncomfortable. Thanks!
    Last year's was pretty mixed. Every moment that there were any people at the pool, there were naked people. The hottubs were almost entirely full of nude people. However, there were a lot of people who were in bathing suits the entire time.
    Matt and Bianca
    HEDO MARCH 1-10, 2018

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast