Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom of the Seas Couples Lifestyle Cruise November 10, 2013

I was booked on the last nov cruise but the Friday before we left I had to cancel. So we r pretty sure we r going this year but I just wanted feedback from ppl that do the all inclusive s like desire and hii which they preferred and a lil info on why. We have been iffy on either hii or this cruise and really need help making the decision. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    The two are very different (Cruise v Desire) so it depends on what you like. We really like being naked all the time so Desire works for us there. We also enjoy the activities (pool volleyball, beach volley ball etc.) at Desire, which there wasn't anything like that on the ship. We loved the cruise also, but found it was hard to catch up with people being such a large ship and so many couples. We prefer a more intimate setting like Desire but go on the cruise for variety (and who doesn't like cruising). Cost wise they probably end up the same as you have to purchase drinks on the cruise. The staff at Desire treat us like family and the service is excellent which is why we keep returning.

I see space in our vacation for both the cruise and AI resorts. A change is as good as a holiday, plus we have met so many amazing people on the cruise so we want to go back to meet up again.

Add us to the list. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Even though we have been to Hedo many times this will be our first Lifestyle cruise.

Karen and Jim

Middle of Nowhere, Barren Canadian Prairie
    Quote Originally Posted by Downunder Fun View Post
    Chris and Nova,

You won't be the puppies. There are many younger couples that attend. Last year there were various meet and greets for under 40's and maybe even under 30's. There should be an SLS group for under 40's. Message Matt and Bianca through the forum for details.

We're really sad to announce we have just had to cancel our cruise this year. I've just received some major work projects that need to be finalized by the end of November and we are super bummed about it. We'll see some of you in May on the LAX cruise and should be back on the Freedom in 2014.

If anyone is missing our Aussie accents, we've just come back from 11 nights at Desire RM and have done a 'Video Trip Report'. It was almost as exhausting as the Freedom of the Seas, but not quite.

We're so sad we won't see you all this year but please keep in touch and we will continue to keep up to date with all the news on the forum.
    Oh no!! I know someone who is going to be very, very sad that he won't be seeing you on board this year! Perhaps this is the incentive we need to book the May cruise though... at least we'll hope to see you again next November.
    Dish 'n Doc
    Living in the City that rhymes with fun... Regina, on the barren Saskatchewan prairie...
    DishnDoc wherever we are... here, SLS, lifestylecruiseship.com
    August 2-6 Roundup! Annual lifestyle campout on the barren Saskatchewan prairie! http://sites.google.com/site/misskittysroundup/
    NCL Gem September 28, 2012 Cabin 9603 (Dish only)
    Freedom of the Seas November 2012 Cabin 6591
    Freedom of the Seas November 2013 Cabin 6563

Blog Entries
    I know, I'm sad too! Going to miss out on my 'Doc Fix' this year . Please send my regards to Warren also, he's going to be devastated. I think you really need to book the May cruise, I'm going to be like an unleashed tiger by then! I expect EVERYONE here to fill me in with all the sordid details.

We're really sad to announce we have just had to cancel our cruise this year. I've just received some major work projects that need to be finalized by the end of November and we are super bummed about it. We'll see some of you in May on the LAX cruise and should be back on the Freedom in 2014.
    Nooooo!

There are now many, many depressed Americans.

(sigh) Well, even more reason to book the May 2014.
    Matt and Bianca
    SLS, SDC, Kasidie: "mattandbianca". Facebook: "Matt N Bianca"
    Freedom 12, 13. Century 14. Independence 14. Divina 16. Hedo Mar 17
    HEDO MARCH 1-10, 2018

You might recognize us from:
    Our lifestyle magazine: EverybodySwing.com
    Our podcast: Everybody Swing Podcast

Our videos on Lifestyle Travel:
    Our review of the Couple's Cruise.
    What to Bring on a Couple's Cruise.
    Our review of Hedonism II.

Blog Entries
    You guys are coming in May though aren't you? It's on your side of town, you have to!!!!!

And by many, many Americans........that sounds bad! Maybe a few special Americans and Canucks is more appropriate. Ha Ha

We'll be harassing you for your trip report them moment you step off the ship. Miss you guys

Booked and ready to go! My time dining? Shore trips? Dive buddies? We are wide open to having fun.

Hi there, we have an other question. We booked a cabin and received a "reservation confirmation" that said:

Thank you for registering for Freedom of the Seas 2013, November 10 - 17, 2013
    This is to confirm that we received your registration request. Please note that this is not a payment confirmation. We will process your payment and e-mail you a payment confirmation as soon as we process the payments. Note: because we can get a lot of registrations at one time, it may take a couple of days (or even a week) to process everyone's payment.

We received the email on the 21st and still no payment confirmation. We were wondering if that is confirmation enough to go ahead and book the flights or if its better to wait until its completely confirmed before booking any flights, since we don't want to end up with flights from Europe to Florida and no cruse.
    Last edited by Chris_and_Nora; 08-26-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Middle of Nowhere, Barren Canadian Prairie
    I know, I'm sad too! Going to miss out on my 'Doc Fix' this year . Please send my regards to Warren also, he's going to be devastated. I think you really need to book the May cruise, I'm going to be like an unleashed tiger by then! I expect EVERYONE here to fill me in with all the sordid details.
    Oh yes, poor Warren... he is definitely going to be very sad! Doc was very pleased to know that you will be missing him... he's so modest about his talents that he was actually surprised! Ha ha ha We'll see what we can do about May... obviously we'd love to come - especially since it's perfect timing for my post-tax season getaway... but Doc doesn't have my flexibility for vacation time, so we still have to wait and see a little bit longer...
    Dish 'n Doc
    Living in the City that rhymes with fun... Regina, on the barren Saskatchewan prairie...
    DishnDoc wherever we are... here, SLS, lifestylecruiseship.com
    August 2-6 Roundup! Annual lifestyle campout on the barren Saskatchewan prairie! http://sites.google.com/site/misskittysroundup/
    NCL Gem September 28, 2012 Cabin 9603 (Dish only)
    Freedom of the Seas November 2012 Cabin 6591
    Freedom of the Seas November 2013 Cabin 6563

Blog Entries
    I know of a friend who took a month sick leave to cruise the Caribbean. He had a great Doctor who wrote the certificate for him. Not that I'm advocating illegitimate use of sick leave, but a bloody great idea nonetheless!!

I'm excited to say we fly out in a month to start our 5 weeks of bliss. I'm still planning and moving all sorts of things around and there are not enough days lol..

I don't know how much I will be bringing for theme nights as limited baggage may have to grab a few things whilst over there.

Thankfully it's just coming out of winter here and getting a little warmer. I'm hoping to get some sort of a tan happening so I don't look so pasty white hehe..

I have been reading up and see that people make up the business cards to hand out, but my question is what happens if you get upgraded or moved rooms if there is a problem? I'm thinking rather than getting some printed up I will just print them at work on card and leave the room details blank so I can write them in..

Still haven't booked any shore tours or drink packages yet, so I must get around to doing that.

Can't wait to meet new people
    B & N - OZ
    Temptation - Nov 1-3 2013
    Desire Pearl - Nov 3-9 2013
    Cruise #1 Nov 10 - 17, 2013 - Freedom of the Seas 2 RM-1311

Blog Entries
    You guys will have to do us Aussies proud! You have 2 options: get the cards made without a room number and hand write it on OR get it made up with a room number and just change it on the card. We just got cards done online with Vista Print. Something like $2 for 250 cards. Upload a pic of you two on it as well so people know who you are. You will get alot of cards given to you and it's sometimes hard to remember who is who. My biggest tip, if you meet someone you like, GIVE THEM A CARD! Chances are you won't see them again. It's a huge ship and you just don't cross paths with people like you do at resorts (Desire).

Re: outfits, they don't take up much room. It's usually the shoes that are the bulk of the weight. Look for options that you can use multiple times. I tend to take a clear pair of stripper heels that can be used for a variety of outfits.

Have a great time Aussie Aussie Aussie!

OI OI OI lol...

Sad to read that you guys can't make the cruise, I was excited to have another aussie on the cruise hehe. Where abouts do you guys hail from? We should organise a catch up here some time.

I was looking at the vista print cards, as I got an email special from them. I think I will go with not printing the room number and just write it on when we get there...

What is the main US site that people tend to stick with and post on regularly? I find that I have a million different accounts on a million different sites that are all fairly quiet (compared to AMM) and I would rather focus on one or two main sites than try to keep across all of them..
    B & N - OZ
    Temptation - Nov 1-3 2013
    Desire Pearl - Nov 3-9 2013
    Cruise #1 Nov 10 - 17, 2013 - Freedom of the Seas 2 RM-1311

Blog Entries
    The thing with upgrades is, because it's a charter the rooms are generally set. i.e there's not really any upgrading on board. But I guess it still could happen.

We are on SLS which has some groups on there (under or over 40's etc.) There's also http://www.lifestylecruiseship.com/2013_nov.php which you can see who's going as well as some private facebook groups etc. Other people may know of other sites but these are the main ones we used. Are you also on the Desire Forum and Cancun Swingers for the first part of your trip? You will find yahoo groups as well. We're in Melbourne. PM us.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast