Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Freedom of the Seas Couples Lifestyle Cruise November 10, 2013

A balcony room has just come up on Deck 10... Should I spend the extra 1500 or just stick it out on an inside cabin?

Middle of Nowhere, Barren Canadian Prairie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujer View Post
    A balcony room has just come up on Deck 10... Should I spend the extra 1500 or just stick it out on an inside cabin?
    Only you can make this decision. I've never considered being in an inside cabin 'sticking it out' because we like them. My husband likes to sleep in, and there is no better place to do that on a cruise ship than a cabin with no ambient light! The only reason we changed to a promenade was because the window overlooking the action was so appealing... which now that I think of it is kind of interesting considering a cabin with a window to the outside has never seemed like a particularly big deal to me... I really enjoy viewing the ocean from on deck where it's all so much more expansive... I do love looking at people enjoying themselves though... In any case my point was that only you can make this decision for yourselves. You're the ones giving up the $1,500 that could otherwise be spent elsewhere... it really doesn't matter if it's worth it to me or anyone else - only you.

Quote Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr View Post
    Cool...we are looking forward to the hotel info, we're considering driving down. We also need to look into excursions and any links/suggestions anyone might offer would be helpful.
    I tend to look at the excursions offered by the cruiseline to get an idea of what is offered in a given port, and then use that as a base to see what I might be able to book independently. Cruise Critic also has forums for just about every port you can imagine where people discuss excursions and tour suppliers. On the last Freedom cruise and on this one, we'll be booking through the ship, because we'll be diving and it's nice to go with a group of people from the ship.
    Dish 'n Doc
    Living in the City that rhymes with fun... Regina, on the barren Saskatchewan prairie...
    DishnDoc wherever we are... here, SLS, lifestylecruiseship.com
    August 2-6 Roundup! Annual lifestyle campout on the barren Saskatchewan prairie! http://sites.google.com/site/misskittysroundup/
    NCL Gem September 28, 2012 Cabin 9603 (Dish only)
    Freedom of the Seas November 2012 Cabin 6591
    Freedom of the Seas November 2013 Cabin 6563

Post deleted due to privacy leak on Google.
    Last edited by Scott N Barb; 11-03-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Hey Scott n Barb - we're flying into Orlando on the Friday evening (two days early) so we can stay at a hotel near the airport. We understand it's supposed to be the Marriott, but that still needs to be announced officially so bookings can start.

This will be our first lifestyle cruise as well, but we've both been on a few cruises before. We'll be on deck 6, cabin 6587 - a Promenade room. We agree with Dish's assessment on choosing the type of cabin, as there will no doubt be lots to see from the window!

Hope to maybe meet you and everyone else in advance at the pre-cruise party at the hotel...!

Troy & Lisa (aka Gene & Squirt)

PS. We also have a profile ('rizzen12') on the "Couples Cruise" site mentioned earlier in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Barb View Post
    I thought I would pop in to say hello.
    Hey Scott and Barb! Welcome to the party. On this cruise, you will have the time of your lives.
    Matt and Bianca
    SLS, SDC, Kasidie: "mattandbianca". Facebook: "Matt N Bianca"
    Freedom 12, 13. Century 14. Independence 14. Divina 16. Hedo Mar 17
    HEDO MARCH 1-10, 2018

You might recognize us from:
    Our lifestyle magazine: EverybodySwing.com
    Our podcast: Everybody Swing Podcast

Our videos on Lifestyle Travel:
    Our review of the Couple's Cruise.
    What to Bring on a Couple's Cruise.
    Our review of Hedonism II.

Hello everyone. we are not swingers but have been to Fantasy Fest in Key West for the past 2 years and enjoy the adult atmosphere of the event as well as being able to wear thong and be topless on the beach(South end of Duval)..This will be cruise #6 for us and our 2nd time on Freedom of the Seas but, will be our first cruise of this type...Deck 7 over looking the Promenade....We have had room over looking Promenade before and its GREAT for people watching.

Looks like this thread is picking up. Anyone know of stuff to do in falmouth, Jamaica? We have been there before, and we can't say we liked it very much..... what type of excursions might there be?

Hmmm sounds like inside cabins have their perks.

And bonus that there are diving trips. We got certified a little while ago but havent had time to go diving in ages... This trip just keeps getting better and better

Quote Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachCpl View Post
    Hello everyone. we are not swingers but have been to Fantasy Fest in Key West for the past 2 years and enjoy the adult atmosphere of the event as well as being able to wear thong and be topless on the beach(South end of Duval)..This will be cruise #6 for us and our 2nd time on Freedom of the Seas but, will be our first cruise of this type...Deck 7 over looking the Promenade....We have had room over looking Promenade before and its GREAT for people watching.
    We're on deck 7 also...howdy neighbor!

Quote Originally Posted by Gene&Squirt View Post
    Hope to maybe meet you and everyone else in advance at the pre-cruise party at the hotel...!
    We actually live just a few minutes from the airport, so I'm pretty sure we'll be there, with bells on, for the meet and greet. It's going to be an adventure for us both and we're looking forward to it... albeit with a wee bit of nervous excitement ~smile~

We're looking forward to meeting some great people. I have no doubt we will.

Scott.
    Him N Her

Freedom of the Seas 2013 - Room 1370

Quote Originally Posted by mattandbianca View Post
    Hey Scott and Barb! Welcome to the party. On this cruise, you will have the time of your lives.
    Thank you Matt & Bianca -- we're definitely looking forward to it. ~smile~ And thank you for your videos... they answered a lot of questions we had. Well done. We hope you'll continue to share your experience with us all.
    Him N Her

Quote Originally Posted by Mujer View Post
    And bonus that there are diving trips. We got certified a little while ago but havent had time to go diving in ages... This trip just keeps getting better and better
    I"m actually a former SSI Advanced Open Water Instructor and *love* to log that bottom time -- the kind in the water too ;-) I spent a winter teaching diving in the Bahamas on a 96' live-aboard... it was the time of my life and I miss it. It will be awesome to be back in the water soaking up excess nitrogen again. Barb's not certified yet, but I'm hoping we can get that accomplished over the summer and do some diving on the trip... some nekkid diving would be even better ~smile~

Perhaps we'll get together on a dive excursion.
    Last edited by Scott N Barb; 03-25-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    Him N Her

Quote Originally Posted by swmnkdinthervr View Post
    We're on deck 7 also...howdy neighbor!
    Hey Hey neighbor!!........We always try to stay close to the Port so that we can get up and be ready to board the ship as soon as they start letting people on....I feel like I'm getting an extra day if I get on early!

Quote Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachCpl View Post
    Hey Hey neighbor!!........We always try to stay close to the Port so that we can get up and be ready to board the ship as soon as they start letting people on....I feel like I'm getting an extra day if I get on early!
    We're always early too, same reason! We often visit Jamaica this time of year and our flight is as early as we can get! We're driving down so we will be early, we just don't know if we will make the hotel part in Orlando.

After having as much fun as we did on Freedom 2012, there was no way we were going to miss this one... We have always gotten a balcony cabin for all the previous cruises, but we decided to save the $1500 and get an inside cabin this time around...
    Counting the days.. Only 224 to go !! (sigh)

Steven & Sandra
    Cabin 9293

justaftermidnight on SLS

YOLO Cruise Carnival Legend 2009 - Cabin 7222

Radiance Of The Seas Cruise 2011 - Cabin 7600

Freedom Of The Seas Cruise 2012 - Cabin 6614

Freedom Of The Seas Cruise 2013 - Cabin 9293

Celebrity Century Cruise 2014 - Cabin 8129

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast